Games You Should / You Have Played Twice

Oct 16, 2008
Or maybe even more then twice.

Probably the game I've played through the most is Bioshock. Here's how my time line went.

First Play: Got to Sander Cohen, the game glitches up to a point that I literally can't continue. Before I have time to try the whole game again, my brother leaves for college and take the 360

Second Play: Brother comes home from college for Christmas. I get to the final level. (Before the boss.) Brother goes back to college.

Third Play: Brother comes for a summer visit, gives me Bioshock, I beat it.

Fourth Play: My friend someone loses his 360 account. He had a lot of time to burn, so I beat Bioshock for him to get up his gamerscore he unfairly lost.

Fifth Play: I beat the game on Hard without using a Vita-Chamber.

And I'm tempted to get it for the PS3 for another run through. And I plan to play through Braid again. I had to look up what it all meant, but now that I understand it, holy shit.

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
I literally start a new Fallout 3 run EVERY WEEK. Cos it's fun.

I beat every Call of Duty at least twice.

R6V2 beat a few times.

HL2 and it's episodes once a month.

Crysis multiple times.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Um...I beat Halo: Combat Evolved at least 5 times....mostly on legendary.

rokudan

Dec 20, 2008
as much as the dialog was tanked in the vid review, I replayed Mass Effect twice. There are 2 or 3 encounters where your different alignment made for some serious drama

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I try to replay Genji: Dawn of the Samurai and Fire Emblem (7) every so often.

I've beaten Chrono Trigger more times than I can recall.

9-liner

Dec 19, 2008
System Shock 2, Jak & Daxter, and Psychonauts should be played annually, much like TNT's staff-vacation-autopilot broadcast lineup of film classics.

And I long for the day that Gran Tourismo becomes mandatory for anyone seeking a drivers license, and Burnout 2-thru-Paradise become mandatory to maintain/renew it.

Praelanthor

Jun 2, 2008
Legend of zelda OOT i would have beaten it up to 30+ times over the years ... damn it now i have replay it right now time to dust off the old N64

MosDes

Jul 16, 2008
I think it is quite obvious for the addicts out there, anything in the Rock Band or Guitar Hero series is gunna be played more than once, or forget buying it. I say this from personal experience, and plus I love some of the songs on them so much, I will listen to it over and over. What better way than to rock out on a plastic guitar, or I guess you could sing it.

There were two other games I would purposely uninstall and reinstall just to replay them in single player, "Star Trek: Deep Space 9, Dominion Wars" and "Portal".

Darth Marsden

Sep 12, 2008
Half-Life 1 & 2 (the first one more often then I can count, the second three times)
Psychonauts (either two or three times, can't remember)
System Shock 2 (lost count)
Max Payne 1 + 2 (5 and 3, I think)
Aiken's Artifact (twice)
Broken Sword series (3, 3, 3, 1)
Monkey Island series (?, ?, 3, 2)
Prince of Persia SoT trilogy (5, 3, ?)
Sam & Max series (5, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
Star Trek Elite Force (3, 2)
Tomb Raider Anniversary (2, and currently playing through it again)

,,,and I'm sure there's more, but they're the ones that I have installed ATM.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
I beat The Sims 10 times. I beat it hard.

Of course what I mean by 'beating' The Sims is entirely up to your perverted, twisted mind.

stevenrkorea

Jan 1, 2009
Seems like...zillions of games if I go back far enough. I started with an Atari 2600. But more 'recently'

Knights of the Old Republic I and II
Neverwinter Nights I and II, and their expansions.
Fallout I, II, and III
Vampire: The masquerade: Bloodlines
Diablo I and II
Dynasty Warriors 4 and 6 (didn't like 5)
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Dead Rising
God of War I and II
Call of Duty I, II, IV (never played III)
Mass Effect

And not so recently, I have to mention them because they are the best games ever made

Shadowrun (Genesis)
Shadowrun (Snes)

Man...I really hope some one develops a Shadowrun rpg.

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Dead Rising sort of - because despite doing everything juuust right, I never seemed to get ending A... to this day I don't know what I did wrong :/ (I always got ending C)

Half Life 2 - I was new to the Half Life scene so, once I developed an understanding for the story I went back and did it again, the first levels made so much more sense.

Portal - Obviously

Bioshock - First on Easy, then on Hard.

Golden Sun - easily the most awesome game for the GBA. Never bought Golden Sun 2 though :( (back then I was still at the mercy of my parents to buy me games)

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
I need to replay a game if it has multiple endings, like KotOR or Bioshock. However, Fallout 3 has me creating new characters left and right. The list:

One Evil Unarmed user

One Good Big Weapons user

One Evil Small Weapons user

One Neutral Energy Weapons user

One Evil Melee Weapons user

Hazman

Dec 23, 2008
I pick up, install and patch Jagged Alliance 2 once or twice a month but I'm never persistent enough to actually complete it :-/.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Amarok said:
Dead Rising sort of - because despite doing everything juuust right, I never seemed to get ending A... to this day I don't know what I did wrong :/ (I always got ending C)
How many survivors you getting out of the mall? Try getting as many as you can. For some help, I got the A rating, and I had saved (amongst others) all the survivors held by the cult, the survivor held by Kent, the two on the roof at the start, Kendell (He helped me get Isabella to the safehouse), the one attacked by the convicts and the hungry guy.

Oh, and to answer the post, I have finished Wild Arms 3 about 5 or so times. I have maxed all 4 characters levels.

May 17, 2007
This is interesting cos I never re-play story-based games (I think we can safely exclude anything not story-based, like Civilisation and Guitar Hero). I'm always more interested in finding a new experience than re-living one. It sounds like most people aren't like that, though.