games you think are over rated

y1fella

Jul 29, 2009
before i say my piece i ask everybody to refrain from mentioning "that game". I'm sure you Know what "that game" is. I myself am not the biggest fan of "that game". But i just don't want to see this thread descend into a flame war.
That being said i must say that i find modern warfare 2 to be over rated. I thought the story was crap, The single player has no replay value, the multiplayer was a rehashed version of COD4's and the realism went from believable if you don't examine it to hard to hurp durp. I don't hate modern warfare 2 but it wasn't that great. I loved COD4 though. It was so much better.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
Team Fortress 2.

I've had a lot of fun with it, but I don't see how people can reach some of the "hours played" figures that I've seen on Steam. I've played about 15 hours and I'm starting to feel somewhat bored. Maybe I just need to focus on the classes I suck with...

delet

Nov 2, 2008
To clarify, 'that game' is halo, neh?

Overrated game... hmmm... I'm going to go with Gears of War. It was decent fun, yes, but nothing special and the story, well...

LaBarnes

Oct 23, 2009
inb4 Halo... damn, ninja'd

Personally, anything from Japan. I hate all the spiky haired weirdness with their pretentiously overwrought dialogue.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
final fantasy 7 and that one game you really like

Bob_Bobbington

Oct 27, 2008
armageddon74400 said:
COCK OF DOODY MODERN GAYFUCK STUPID 2!
Realy, was there any need for that?

OT: I reckon Sat Craft is up there on the list of perpetrators. Although I haven't played it so I may be missing out on something.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Demented Teddy said:
I do not think games can be over-rated.

The thing is a lot of people like said game but when a person does not and can't understand why others like it they claim it to be over-rated.

In other words:
What a good game is is subjective.
Perfectly worded, I agree.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
i dunno, i think that i cant define what is overrated or not, but i dont think that modern warfare 2 is much fun anymore

EinTheCorgi

Jun 6, 2010
All most any game that gos over #3 such as final fantasy halo call of duty for infinity ward. There are some exceptions though such as the elder scrolls games pokemon games mario and zelda games for hand helds resident evil even though needs more scary! and ect

UltimateHorseradish

Apr 27, 2010
armageddon74400 said:
COCK OF DOODY MODERN GAYFUCK STUPID 2!
Somebody had too much fun getting camp killed again, and again...

Like Yahtzee said, "Sometimes popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good. Or because Will Smith is in it."

But I can't say I've found an overrated game besides the first Gears of War, not because its bad (even though it is) but because everyone in it is too good.

y1fella

Jul 29, 2009
brodie21 said:
Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer.

yes it was a blast for a while, but when the hardcore people really started working the glitches and little nooks and crannys of the multiplayer, it just became not fun.
oh yeah i forgot to mention that

y1fella

Jul 29, 2009
EinTheCorgi said:
All most any game that gos over #3 such as final fantasy halo call of duty for infinity ward. There are some exceptions though such as the elder scrolls games pokemon games mario and zelda games for hand helds resident evil even though needs more scary! and ect
i love elder scrolls and I'm not a big fan of anything by Nintendo. I can't wait for elder scrolls 5.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
AjimboB said:
Every Final Fantasy

All the Monster Hunter Games

Lost Planet 1&2

The GTA series

Assassin's Creed

Killzone 1&2
wait wait wait... Lost Planet 2? shouldnt that be in the more underrated section?