Games You Want a Sequel to

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
JackyG said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
skleege said:
what game or game series do you want a sequel to?
I would love a sequel or an graphics update of the Legacy of Kain Series. Seriously, I would love to see this....

...in updated PS3/Xbox 360 graphics.
A friend of mine was working on a new installment for current gen consoles. They recently came out and spoke about it which is why everyone now knows. alas it was cancelled 3 yrs into development.

It does seem however that they're resurrecting the multiplayer component for a new title.
WHAT! Why would they cancel it after 3 years of development? Do you have any links where I can read more about this?

...multiplayer for LoK? Huh?

JackyG

Jun 26, 2011
Helmholtz Watson said:
JackyG said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
skleege said:
what game or game series do you want a sequel to?
I would love a sequel or an graphics update of the Legacy of Kain Series. Seriously, I would love to see this....

...in updated PS3/Xbox 360 graphics.
A friend of mine was working on a new installment for current gen consoles. They recently came out and spoke about it which is why everyone now knows. alas it was cancelled 3 yrs into development.

It does seem however that they're resurrecting the multiplayer component for a new title.
WHAT! Why would they cancel it after 3 years of development? Do you have any links where I can read more about this?

...multiplayer for LoK? Huh?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-19-square-enix-acknowledges-cancelled-legacy-of-kain-game-dead-sun

It's a shame because it's an excellent franchise. I just hope that they someday bring it back.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

Phantom Crash
Gotcha Force
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes

rookie411

Aug 31, 2010
I had two LOTR movie tie in games on PS2 which were brilliant hack n slash action games, I want something similar to these maybe for the Hobbit or just reboot them, not another lego game or another Battle For Middle Earth (although I do enjoy those too)

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
niknar266 said:
psy ops: the mindgate conspiracy just cause it ended on a total cliff hanger.
Especially since they made it seem like the sequel would have been bad ass. The protagonist (can't remember the name, its been awhile) suddenly being able to take down a helicopter at the end made it seem like he would have been twice as powerful in the sequel

Lieju said:
As always in these threads, Geist.

I enjoyed it's ideas, but they weren't fully realized. I want more freedom in manipulating the environment as a ghost and less standard FPS sections.
I'm surprised someone ninja'd me on Geist. The game was broken when it came to the gun play but there so many cool things they could have done with concept of being a ghost and having to scare people to possess them. Or depossessing someone in the middle of a fire fight and jumping to a different body. Too bad the game's owned by Nintendo if I'm not mistaken and I'm pretty sure they're done with idea which is weird because it would make sense to use motion controls manipulate inanimate objects while possessing them

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
That have been mentioned already:

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy - Best psychic powers in a game ever. Seriously good fun.
Legacy of Kain - For some reason I have never owned one, but I have really enjoyed what I have played.
Condemned - The story for Condemned 2 became stupid once it got "magical", but the idea behind it was brilliant.
Alan Wake - Not so much a direct sequel, just a similar style game. I liked the method of story telling.
The Last of Us - It is a great game, and I'd like to see more.

That have not been mentioned:

FTL - I really like this game, but would like a larger and more detailed sequel. More variety, abilities and scope.
To The Moon - No sequel has been announced, but they did mention they'd like to make one.
Fallout - I like Fallout. A lot.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I normally don't want sequels but I would really like a new SSB Melee with great online support and with an expansive map editor that you can share online. I'm sure that will keep me busy for the rest of my life.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Retrograde said:
Lost Odyssey. Or at the very least that crew getting another pop at an RPG, that game deserved more support than it got.
As far as I know, The Last Story was by the same devs. Blue Dragon, too, but I didn't like that one very much.

Sku1c

Jan 19, 2013
Sacrifice, third/first person rts where wizard pc's fight one another (or bots) using conjured creatures.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto, completely and utterly stupid storyline and a brilliant game. :)

Battle Realms, rts, asian themed clan warfare.

Jurassic War, old rts game featuring warriors, wizards and dinosaurs. What's not to like?

TheCrapMaster

Aug 31, 2009
Arcanum: steamworks and magick obscura!!!

One of the best RPG games i ever played and one of the ones i usualy replay once every year since i got it. Tho not very sure how they would make a sequel to that but still, would be awesome.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Seriously? This thread appears again in the same week where Jim explained exactly what is wrong with this topic? My mind is boggled.

Also I hope The Last of Us, as good as it was, doesn't receive a sequel. It ended perfectly, please don't ruin that Naughty Dog.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
drummodino said:
Seriously? This thread appears again in the same week where Jim explained exactly what is wrong with this topic? My mind is boggled.

Also I hope The Last of Us, as good as it was, doesn't receive a sequel. It ended perfectly, please don't ruin that Naughty Dog.
Well, not everyone watches Jimquisition, and even then they may not agree. Plus I'm pretty sure Jim was mainly talking about planned sequels, not thought out sequels.

I agree with you though anyway. I think we all need a big break from all sequels and remakes, but it doesn't look like it's going to slow down.

BATGURLtha1

Jul 29, 2013
This game was already mentioned but i would love a Bully 2 from Rockstar, it would be great, its the only game I've ever finished and also the only I've ever repeated counting at four times. The new game should have completely new characters at a new school in England somehow linking it's story with the original.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Just finished it for a second time (played it on the Wii, and then the recent Vita port), and Kisuke's true ending is kind of unsatisfying in how it doesn't actually conclude, well, anything. Kisuke's story deserves to be continued because a game about a badass zombie ninja with an evil sword traveling the world fighting monsters would be the coolest thing ever.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
ChupathingyX said:
Star Wars: Republic Commando.

I need to know what happened to him.
If you're really that desperate, read the Karen Traviss novels. After Order 66 you'll get EVERYTHING... and some things you don't want to know.

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
endtherapture said:
Give us an Obsidian made KoTOR3.
This so much this, In fact TES:6 by Obsidian would be way cooler than what Bethesda would do.

Star Fox and F-Zero