Games you want made but are fairly sure won't be made

Immortalkickass

Oct 8, 2015
BloodRayne 3. 1 was ok, but didn't age well. 2 was terrible, didn't even finish it. Hopefully 3rds a charm.

Sleeping Dogs 2. Decent game with great potential to be better. Needs better gunplay mechanics, and the characters to be less plastic-looking.

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
A GOOD Secret of Mana sequel; though Seiken Deitsu 3 was pretty good but I've only been able to play it on emulators whcih is naughty. Seriously, played the game on my snes the other day and was reminded about how fun it is and yet none of its modern sequels seem to capture the same magic.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Hmm. Been thinking of an action-oriented Shadowrun game again.
But also a top-down mech game...dunno how to describe it. Kinda like Teleglitch, but with mechs/robots?
(not an MMO or F2P game either)

Joshroom said:
A GOOD Secret of Mana sequel; though Seiken Deitsu 3 was pretty good but I've only been able to play it on emulators whcih is naughty. Seriously, played the game on my snes the other day and was reminded about how fun it is and yet none of its modern sequels seem to capture the same magic.
Have you played Legend of Mana on the PS1?
It's a hard game to come by legally, especially in US/English distribution, but it is a true one-of-a-kind game.
One of my favorites, and basically the last "Mana" game before Squeenix just threw the series to the dogs.

Nov 28, 2007
Frankster said:
Alpha Protocol 2:
Welp, can't top that. I was thinking of Jade Empire 2, but after thinking about how much fun I had with Alpha Protocol, I'd LOVE to see a second one. If they could just iron out the glitches and focus on the "consequences" thing, it would be fantastic. Hell, I felt more of an "actions have consequences" thing with AP than I have with games supposedly focused around choice like...well, any of the Fable games, for starters. Plus, an RPG playing a spy? That was just pure awesome.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
A Less complex Harvest Moon game

A New Pokemon Game

Any new Valve game

An actual Assassin Assassins creed game

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Bushido Blade 3 - Or another sword-fighting game in similar vein. No life-bars, any one well-timed strike can be lethal, simple but emphasis on stance and timing for parrys and strikes. Battles can be epic going across bridges, through bamboo forest rooftops, or just over in one quick strike. Selection of spears, swords, and bladed weapons are realistic and grounded in actual existing weapons.

Rainbow 6: Vegas 3 - Well maybe not another Vegas game but another semi-tactical terrorist hunt and clear type of game. Damn that was addictive and satisfying firefight fun, just the right balance of realism in weapon handling and almost brutal difficulty at times (on a scale of CoD to Arma)

Streets of Rage - beat'em up, but with modern graphics, and 3D instead of side scrolling (got enough homages to the old-school style, and not many of them have been very good other than the fan made SoR remake itself)

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Zacharious-khan said:

A New Pokemon Game

Any new Valve game

An actual Assassin Assassins creed game
OMG YES, any new Valve game would be welcome. And a +1 for the Assassin Assassins creed game, the first 2 were magic, 3rd is where I dropped the ball because the "assassinations" became so simplified and not involving at all, just something to do in between story and other boring stuff. The satisfaction in plotting and successfully pulling off the jobs in AC1 never came back.

The ship battles were fun, but not THAT fun that I needed a whole sequel dedicated to it.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
'Wheel of Time' done by Telltale Games. Even though I'm split on their definition of gameplay, these guys know how to write good stories.

A remake or sequel of/to 'Vagrant Story'. One in which Squareenix doens't change anything except update graphics, sound and hires voice actors. Seriously, the game is so perfect they should even keep the exact same cuts of the cutscenes.

An HD collection of XenoSaga. This is an ideo that's cirulating the web for some time now, but I doubt it will happen. Would be amazing, though!

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Atmos Duality said:
Joshroom said:
Have you played Legend of Mana on the PS1?
It's a hard game to come by legally, especially in US/English distribution, but it is a true one-of-a-kind game.
One of my favorites, and basically the last "Mana" game before Squeenix just threw the series to the dogs.
I second Legend of Mana, definitely one of my favorite games in the series, though technically it's a spin-off and it doesn't (at first) seem to have a main narrative, it actually has three major story arcs that you uncover as you go which tie into one final arc after they are completed. It's a great game but I understand it may not cater well to those who prefer the more structured flow of the SNES games.

Zacharious-khan said:
Less Complex? Why? Harvest Moon Magical Melody is perhaps the most complex one I've played and I really enjoy it a lot, tons of stuff to do and it's pretty user friendly I feel, no game in the series felt like it had a bad learning curve, though keeping track of dates can be important.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
Shaun Kennedy said:
Less Complex? Why? Harvest Moon Magical Melody is perhaps the most complex one I've played and I really enjoy it a lot, tons of stuff to do and it's pretty user friendly I feel, no game in the series felt like it had a bad learning curve, though keeping track of dates can be important.
Didn't play that one. I did play the Game cube one and had less fun. Mostly i just want to play the first one again with better pixel art and... more stuff

crusador90

Nov 16, 2011
I want in on this Wishlist! Dreams of games that we won't but almost certainly won't be made due to... present circumstances making it obvious that they likely won't be made. To me, most of the time, its because of asshole publishers. They suck.

Command & Conquer. And I mean a true sequel to the franchise that Four was NOT, and neither would Generals 2 be a true sequel either. IMO, Generals, the original game was also a travesty devoid of personality, identity, or even care from the developers as it was a cash in for current events. C&C 4 was originally a prototype that EA forced its developer to crank out in barely a years worth of development time. What happened to the awesome story behind the years long conflict between military superpower factions GDI & Nod and their bid to seize control of a planet being shaped and tetraformed by a mutagenic crystalline substance? It was awesome until it got EA'ed.

Ultima I've heard of Ultima and watched some friends played it, but never truly understood how devoted they were to the series until I saw Spoony's retrospective of Ultima... and watched how it also got EA'ed into oblivion. I wish it could come back somehow...

Prototype 3. Just because the second game didnt do well because of questionable design choices doesn't mean Free Radical should be completely shafted as a result. It wasn't that bad really, and the game was functional and plenty fun on its own, complete with an awesome story to boot!

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning This wasn't a bad RPG at all. However... it was a victim of the generally HUGE cost that AAA games have, and the developer made a bad call by involving a government loan into the project. It sold well... better than most games I've mentioned... but it would've needed to sell ALOT more to break even... what a shame.

Alpha Protocol . I haven't played it, but I heard about this game.. and saw some playthroughs of it. Its actually rather underrated. Like the previous game i mentioned, poor sales killed any chance of a sequel. All because SEGA can't publish and market anything that isn't Sonic.

While I'm on the subject of that publisher.

Golden Axe . Secret Level's "Beast Rider" DOES NOT COUNT, and it... Its not Golden Axe game! Nothing like it! Golden Axe, if given the AAA treatment along with loving care and respect for its roots, could certainly benefit from a comeback. Come on! It's at its core, a Hyborian-inspired hack-and-slash romp that I'm sure could build a franchise on its own.

dah, fuck it..

Streets of Rage, Ristar, Vectorman, Shinobi, Fighting Vipers & Altered Beast . May as well throw ALL of these games here since my reasoning for wanting them back is more or less the same; Classic Sega games that todays developer climate could give them a new lease on life and hell, help distract the public from fucking Sonic! Hey SEGA! There's more to your catalogue than that fucking Hedgehog! And I'm sure it doesn't take a herculean effort to market any of your ongoing RPG series in Japan in NA. All it takes is a little bit of research and proper timing for the release!
(Oh and yes, I AM aware Shinobi got a release for the 3DS and it was a launch title, but like a ninja, faded into the shadows to never be seen again.)

Contra, Castlevania, Suikoden, Rocket Knight, Ganbare Goemon, Gradius, Axelay Classic Konami franchises all seemingly abandoned by its developer. But at least I know why... and my feelings of it can be summed up in this word: FUCKONAMI. No developer seemingly has this much contempt for its consumer-base AND the developers working for it as this company.

Bomberman, Bloody Roar, Bonk ... Well... Bomberman is the main property from Hudson Soft I want to see come back for the 8th generation for another shot, but they have other games as well. Local Multiplayer is becoming something of a lost art, something game developers outside of Nintendo don't want to include less they taint their game somehow. Few franchises can do local multiplayer better than Bombsy can, with very straightforward and intuitive gameplay thats also really addicting! There was single player for the games, which were more hit or miss. We're not going to see another bomberman game again outside of mobile games... MAYBE. Why? Because FUCKONAMI ate poor Hudson Soft alive and dissolved pretty much everything there was with the entire company. Also means we won't see a new Bloody Roar, as that fighting game series was awesome.

Power Stone, Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, Cyberbots. What do all these games have in common? They're ALL Capcom developed fighting games all distinguished with a unique gimmick that sets them apart from other fighters. Whether its the core gameplay, its cast of characters and setting, or the visual and sound direction, they're very distinct from one another and certainly would help mix up things in the fighting game genre. We're likely not going to see a new one of these games for a while, if that, because Capcom's precarious financial situation and their go-to strategy of re-releasing older games instead of rebooting them with a proper new installment ensure they won't even bother to take any risks.