Games you want to see made before you die...

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
So here's what I'm looking for in this thread, a name for the game you want to see made, and a brief description (even if its a sequel to a well-known franchise)

For me, its:

Shred! An Ultimate Tribute to All Things Heavy Metal - a music/rhythm game or adventure game with the ability to play the music, like Yahtzee's idea with Guitar Hero: Rock Opera

Megadeath! The Ultimate Customizable Zombie Experience - A game like Dead Rising (using a sandbox style of play and level-up system), but with as many multiplayer game types as Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead combined with hack-n-slash elements with weapons that never break and character customization as in-depth as in the Tony Hawk series

Warcraft: The Legend of [Arthas] - I put Arthas in brackets since i think i'd like to play a game centered around any of the main characters (yes, even Jaina)for consoles. Maybe it could be a series? Called Warcraft Legends: [Insert Character Name Here]? Whatever, it'd be a hack-n-slash first and an RPG second (sort of like Fable, but with a more engaging story).

so, what games would you guys like to see before you die?

Apr 24, 2008
Roman gladiator simulator. Using 3d and motion control technology. I want to fight a 7 foot tall, heavy set guy with a big spikey ball on a chain, and feel like he's coming right at me.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Hmm... Battlefront 3, kotor 3, republic commando 2... Also something based in cyberspace, and a system of a down guitar hero/rock band would probally get me into those kind of games.

vento 231

Dec 31, 2009
Sean Connery (the coolest James bond)vs. Chuck Norris

It would be somewhat similar to kill bill, Only in the end the 2 would become buddies and just go beat up annoying celebrities (like Rosie O Donald)

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
A first-person action-RPG with the character development of Half-Life 2, mixed with the subtle humor of Portal, movement mechanics of Mirror's Edge, weapons that are as fun to use as the Painkiller guns, and a 30 hour main storyline which is heartwarming, interesting, tear-jerking, and having the kind of closure that allows room for a sequel while also wrapping things up in neat little bow. It would span a massive world, which while huge, has many indoor environments for storytelling which are linear to allow for the developers to 'hold my hand' through it so I take in the story in the most effective way possible.

If this is ever released I highly doubt anything could ever top it. (to my tastes anyway)

lawgiver

Sep 29, 2009
An actual developed game for the Revolutionary War. Like the Battle Grounds 2 mod, but with an actual development team with funds. Plus it will be a different shoot from EVERYTHING. No WWII, No modern war, nor future wars.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Lt Robert Cole said:
Duke Nukem Forever
LMAO! I knew this was going to be said the moment I saw the thread title..

As for the thread itself...

I don't have any game idea's that I would like to see personally.. If anything though.. I would like to see gaming go back to the way it was in the good ol' days... When they were challenging as hell and not dumbed down just to bring up sales. I'm tired of zipping through title after title with no feeling of accomplishment despite the ending credits rolling...

I remember when I was a young child, when I beat one of those insanely hard games, I felt like a god for the day... I find it funny when I pick up one of those titles now, play it, and wonder how in the hell did I ever beat this game when I was so young when I can't do it now!

If only games supplied the challenge they did back when game technology was in its' pre-teen stages

One can only dream though...

Blood Masque

Jan 16, 2010
A modern remake of American McGee's Alice, another decent Indiana Jones game, and maybe a video game based off The Crow? *shrugs*

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Sly 4, Dark Cloud 3, and a new Paper Mario game in the sense of a Mario RPG, not a platformer.