Games you wish could be remade

Arcanite Ripper

May 1, 2010
Pretty much every flight-simulation (either full game or scene) that's either simplified into a rail shooter, or a worse Star Fox.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. That game is critically underrated (well, critics gave it an appropriate rating - it's the BK fanboys that shat all over it). With some better level design, more compelling challenges and the complete elimination of the redundant "crank out the jiggies then move them 10 feet to the bank" mechanic that game would be a masterpiece.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
All I want is a remake or port of Tales of Symphonia. Possibly including the Dawn of the New World too. Oh and I want it with the extra content that was in the Japanese version of Symphonia released on the PS2.

I think they could name it Symphonia Chronicles. Yeah, I am happy with this.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
= said:
[HEADING=1][/HEADING]

Also Final Fantasy 7. THERE, I said it.
Damn, someone beat me to it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Megaman Legends redone, seeing as it had an interesting premise, but the controls were awful and some of the voice acting needed work. Of course, we can't even get a conclusion, so no hope there.

Also, the first Silent Hill. Everyone loves the second, but the first one had a unique feel to it that none of the others ever captured. If the game mechanics were cleaned up, the item distribution more spread out, the story (and conclusion) were enhanced, the writing was improved, and the characters were a little more developed then it could really be a masterpiece. I'm a huge fan of the idea of Silent Hill, even if only two of them were worth playing. The first was almost great, but fell just short. For its time, however, it was surprisingly sophisticated, and very emotional.

Kaendris

Sep 6, 2013
The Sega Genesis version of Shadowrun. Easily in my top 5 favorite games of all time.

Give it updated graphics, make it first person with a zoomed out 3rd option. Expand the world a "small" amount and brush up the plot. The plot was amazing, but it would need to be longer by modern standards.

I would also love to see a good remake of KOTOR 1&2 as others have said, and can I PLEASE get a little bit of Wing Commander love already! Who do I have to beg?!?

Seriously, give us a modern day WC: Prophecy remake.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008

Not for any shortcoming, but rather because I'd love to see it with updated graphics. One of my favorite RPGs ever.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
While perhaps not remade I would like to see them do an HD release of the first Mercenaries game and port it to PC. Loved the first one and I would love to play it again.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Specter Von Baren said:
Glongpre said:
^What is this?

I wish they would just finish Legacy of Kain. Plz, and maybe make the gameplay a little better. Thumbs up, no pressure.
Man... Forget Final Fantasy 7, I gotta wonder what a graphically overhauled Soul Reaver would look like.
Darksiders. There's your answer. Honestly, it's the closest thing to Soul Reaver, minus the vampire bits.
Hero of Lime said:
A 3D Legend of Zelda, aka a remake of the original. Imagine an over world with a sea of trees full of enemies all while trying to find the dungeons. It would focus less on puzzles and more on combat and navigation. Plus, like the original you can complete the dungeons in any order, get plenty of upgrades before going to the first dungeon, or allow you to not even get them in the first place.

I like to think the sea of trees and little canyons from the original would be amazing in 3D, it would be a more realistic depiction of monster infested wilds. I would love that, make it happen Nintendo please???
Hmm, sounds like 3D Dot Game Heroes on the PS3 or Cubeworld on PC.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
personally, I'd say Ultima 8 and 9
they know why the games failed, why not try again and do them right this time and have them properly tell the Age of Armageddon arc?

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Dead Century said:
Hero of Lime said:
A 3D Legend of Zelda, aka a remake of the original. Imagine an over world with a sea of trees full of enemies all while trying to find the dungeons. It would focus less on puzzles and more on combat and navigation. Plus, like the original you can complete the dungeons in any order, get plenty of upgrades before going to the first dungeon, or allow you to not even get them in the first place.

I like to think the sea of trees and little canyons from the original would be amazing in 3D, it would be a more realistic depiction of monster infested wilds. I would love that, make it happen Nintendo please???
Hmm, sounds like 3D Dot Game Heroes on the PS3 or Cubeworld on PC.
I do remember 3D Dot Game Heroes, but it was still a semi over head perspective. I mean having the Ocarina of Time 3D Zelda template, but converted into the first Zelda. Cubeworld may be just that, which would be pretty cool, but I've never heard of it personally.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
TaboriHK said:

Not for any shortcoming, but rather because I'd love to see it with updated graphics. One of my favorite RPGs ever.
Well, a couple of mechanics do need fixing. I could never get the stealth to work and the levels where it mattered resulted in me simply spamming trip and backstab. But yes, brilliant game otherwise.

vIRL Nightmare

Jul 30, 2013
None. The fact of the matter is, with the industry the way it is now they would just continuously crank out their former success for profit then try to make new better games.

Howllons-y

Aug 28, 2012
Who remembers MediEvil? It's a game that came out on the Playstation in 1998, about a disgraced knight named Sir Daniel Fortesque who's brought back to life as a skeleton by an evil wizard trying to take over the land of Gallowmere and Fortesque must defeat the evil wizard to redeem himself as a hero and save the land.

If they dropped the lives system, tuned the levels, edited the graphics and revealed most of Fortesque's story gradually, then this game would make a great remake.

And yes, I do know they did do one for the PSP.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Lost Kingdoms

I'd love them to overhaul the mechanics and make it less rigid, but collecting the cards is so gad damn addictive!

I have all the cards in both games, If a sequel came out for WiiU I'd love to be able to magically transfer all my cards over.

(I don't actually own a WiiU though)

Taryn Bentley said:
Who remembers MediEvil? It's a game that came out on the Playstation in 1998, about a disgraced knight named Sir Daniel Fortesque who's brought back to life as a skeleton by an evil wizard trying to take over the land of Gallowmere and Fortesque must defeat the evil wizard to redeem himself as a hero and save the land.

If they dropped the lives system, tuned the levels, edited the graphics and revealed most of Fortesque's story gradually, then this game would make a great remake.

I felt Sir Daniels ending in Sony Smash Bros seemed to be hinting at a possible sequel, No news since it to my knowledge though...

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
Soxafloppin said:
Lost Kingdoms

I'd love them to overhaul the mechanics and make it less rigid, but collecting the cards is so gad damn addictive!

I have all the cards in both games, If a sequel came out for WiiU I'd love to be able to magically transfer all my cards over.

(I don't actually own a WiiU though)

Taryn Bentley said:

I felt Sir Daniels ending in Sony Smash Bros seemed to be hinting at a possible sequel, No news since it to my knowledge though...
I'd love a sequel, but I do fear if one was made that it would be more in the vein of the PSP remake than the original. even the sequel didn't quite live up to the dark atmosphere of the original, IMO.

I'd like to see some of the Forgotten Realms crpg's revamped. For instance, I really liked the amount of species you could select and gods/goddesses you could choose to follow in Neverwinter Nights II, on the other hand your choices in that regard rarely seem to have an impact on anything in the game itself, prestige classes seem to be barely worth the time frequently, and there is an abundance of evidence within the game for half-implemented or cut content. I'd like to just see this remedied-it doesn't even have to be on a different engine!

On the other hand, I would love to have some of the subspecies such as those in NWN 2 selectable in BG I/II. It's a bit glaring when your companions in the BG series can include a winged elf and a drow, yet the player character themselves can't even choose something basic like a Sun Elf or Moon Elf etc, likewise-the choices of deities for Clerics seems rather limiting. I really enjoyed the Sahuagin and Underdark sections of BG II and was disappointed that the player was encouraged to rush through them. (in the Drow section in particular you are under a strict timetable) I'd have liked it if those sections were expanded upon. (a diplomatic solution for evil aligned players that didn't involve having to hack your way through an entire Drow city and then kill a Silver Dragon would be appreciated as well) Likewise I felt the whole of Throne of Bhaal expansion felt a bit rushed. Hardly any non-combat areas, hardly any diplomatic solutions to quests, and hardly any side quests. I feel like all of these would be prime targets for some reconsideration if the series was revisited.

darkman80723

Jul 1, 2009
Id really like to see Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura redone with just updated graphics and a bit more balance in the game play between the magic and technology aspects. Really one of my all time favorite games and what really got me into RPGs for life

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I'd like to see someone remake Too Human. The idea of the game is interesting it was just the piss awful execution that let it down, made worse by the promise of a trilogy that eventually meant we got an incomplete story that ended on a blatant cliff-hanger.

If someone made a game in the same vein (techno-vikings doing techno-viking stuff) I'd probably play it. Just make it a complete game, no grinding, no unskippable death animation, some interesting enemies and the ability to control the camera. It doesn't even need to be techno-vikings, I'd settle with a game that goes through Norse mythology and is like an interactive movie.

optimusjamie

Jul 14, 2012
bobmd13 said:
Freelancer
Oh yes. I would love to see a remake of Freelancer that incorporates modern graphics technology and more of Roberts' original vision for the game.

Then again, there is Star Citizen.