Games You'd Buy Twice

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
Terranigma, sold it with my snes. Bought it again,a few years later... without having a snes to play it on... I loved that game so much, I just wanted to have a physical copy standing on my shelf.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
IlikeLolis said:
Also the Remake of Code Veronica which is chronologically (in my opinion) the last great Resident Evil game to ever exist.
I completely forgot about this. I just recently bought the Code Veronica X HD release on the PSN. Hadn't played it in years since I got it on the Dreamcast (still have it too), and always wanted to see what additional content was in it. I agree to that I think it's the last good RE with the exception of the RE1 Gamecube remake. CV is definitely one of my favourites.

May 28, 2009
Quite a few games I've bought on a console I've gone on to buy for the PC.

I have however bought Deus Ex twice. I have a physical copy and a Steam copy. Just in case.
I also have Mass Effect 2 for the 360, then got it for the PC. I originally got it for free thanks to some deal, but it was on the EA Download Manager. I was used to running all my other games on Steam, and I really disliked the EA Download Manager, so I actually bought a copy on Steam.

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the GC, I already own it, but I'd buy it again since its so damn good.

I'd buy the sequel if sega ever acknowledged the fan's requests, even if it was the most half-assed thing ever, it would still make me happy, to see a company listen to the fans even if there aren't millions and millions of sales of their previous game. I'd support any developer who does that.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I do it quite often.

Dragon Age: Origins
GTA 4 (Tried it once, hated it. Tried it again, hated it even more.)
Fallout: New Vegas
Mass Effect 2 (One for Xbox 360, other for PS3)
Oblivion
Halo: ODST
Persona 3 (All three versions.)
Destroy All Humans 2
Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of memories
Fallout 3 (GotY versions for Xbox and PS3, as well as an original version for PS3)
Sly Cooper 1-3
Ratchet and Clank 1-3
Jak 2-3

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
Games I've bought twice:

Rome Total War (3)
Half Life 2 (3)
Bad Company 2
Knights of the Old Republic (3)
Knights of the Old Republic 2
Fable
Jade Empire
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Oblivion
Morrowind
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Battlefield 2
Crysis
Myst
Myst 3: Exile
Myst IV Revelation
Fallout 3
Neverwinter Nights 2
Titan Quest
The Witcher
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Project Gotham 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Fight Night Round 3
Saints Row 2
Red Faction Guerrilla
IL: 2 Sturmovik 1946
Bioshock (3)
The Chronicles of Riddick
Delta Force Black Hawk Down (3)
Far Cry
Battlestations Midway
Medieval 2 Total War
Civilization 4
World in Conflict
Battle for Middle Earth
Age of Empires 3
Viva Pinata (4)
Ecco The Dolphin
Vector Man

I'm sure there are a ton of others.

Wow... I waste a ton of money...

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
I've never sold a game and then bought it back. That's just a waste of money. I rarely buy or sell games but if I did want to play a game I had sold before I'd just borrow it from a friend or rent it

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
There's so many I HAVE already bought twice, in a couple of cases, three times. It would be a rather sizable list, actually. It's like I'm occasionally inflicted with seller's remorse, and a couple of time found myself buying back the same exact copy of the game I sold. I know, it's lunacy.

--edit-- *looks at meowchef's list*
Yeah, mine's a lot like that one.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
morrowind fa sho...owind. I've actually bought it twice.

and i think i've bought street fighter 2 thrice.

eclipsed_chemistry

Dec 9, 2009
Anything by Tim Schafer and Suda51. In fact, I HAVE actually purchased multiple copies of Psychonauts, Stacking, No More Heroes, Killer7, Shadows of the Damned, and Costume Quest for me and a friend. I love what these guys do and SO WILL ALL MY FRIENDS!!! :)

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Resident Evil 4. I still have my PS2 copy but i went ahead and repurchased it on the 360 because i don't like hooking up the ps2 and well 360, so chivo's

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
When my first Xbox360 came down with rings, I switched over to the PS3. For the PS3, I only re-bought a few Xbox games. They were GTA IV mainly for the, "Ooooo look how pretty" factor (or so I thought...looked the same to me) and Fallout 3, my preferred Fallout. This was before I had really discovered Saint's Row. I could have gone with Mass Effect 2 but the thought of starting from scratch depressed me. I think...ME2 on the PS3 could have been released after I'd gone back to my beloved 360...

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Assassin's Creed I & II. Worst trade-in decision ever. Doing an AC marathon while waiting for Revelations, actually.