Games you're ashamed to have enjoyed as a child

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I'll start this thread off with a tough one to beat

Mary Kate & Ashley Magical Mystery Mall

I don't know why, but even though I am and always have been a straight and not especially effeminate dude, I actually liked this game as a kid. I cannot tell you why, I just remember that I did.

What games did you like as a kid that you hate in hindsight now, Escapists?

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Oh! i knew a game similar to that actually, it was a "Sabrina Spellmen" game, you had to conjure up spells by gathering different types of spices, defeat Trolls and whirlwinds. I remember there was a main quest you had to do but i can't remember that at all. I loved that as a kid. The name of the game escapes me now though.

I think that was it, can't be sure.

come to think of it, i remember playing that game mentioned in the OP too.
And this barbie horse riding game.

My god, i am just too cool sometimes.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Hah, none.
Not that I didn't play any games that could be percieved as embarressing:

But I flipping loved that game, and I would still play the hell out of it.
I have no shame!

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
God this makes me feel old. I grew up with an Amstrad, pretty much everything on it was terrible. The only games I actually liked were total classics, like Bard's Tale, Klax and Stunt Car Racer. The games you would be ashamed to like were virtually unplayable.

Burig

Nov 8, 2010
One game that I remember was Toy Story for the original playstation, I haven't played it recently, so have no idea how good or bad it is. I'll naturally assume it's bad though.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Runescape sucked so many hours out of my pre-teen mind that I'm amazed I ever broke the habit.

The worst part is that I probably logged four hours a day for two years and I'm only level 40-something. :(

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I can't really remember any that were super terrible. Mind you I had an Atari 2600 as my first console so you just kind of played whatever you got given back in those days. xD

The King's Quest games by Sierra were kind of embarrassing. Especially the one with the princess.

smmnc3000

Jul 25, 2012
Dangit2019 said:
I'll start this thread off with a tough one to beat

Mary Kate & Ashley Magical Mystery Mall

I don't know why, but even though I am and always have been a straight and not especially effeminate dude, I actually liked this game as a kid. I cannot tell you why, I just remember that I did.

What games did you like as a kid that you hate in hindsight now, Escapists?
My sister and I went through a stage where we loved the Mary Kate and Ashley games! As a response to the original question, I now feel a bit lame admitting how much I like the Sims 2. I had a prolonged and compulsive addiction on that game, and if I am not careful I sometimes fall back into the trap. Not to say that I do not like it now, I do still love the game, its just that it was kind of embarrassing how public I made my obsession. I think I alienated people a little. :/

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Movie tie ins...Like the Fantastic four game for PS2, I had the Catwoman game too :|

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Hmm... much like the OP, I'm fairly sure I'm not gay, so I'll admit that I used to play the Bratz games that came out on GBA back when Bratz were popular. They were alright at the time, but I'd like to see how they do against Mega Death Ultra Shooter.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
The Harry Potter quiditch game. Fuck me its just... appalling.

EDIT: STOP. QUOTING. ME. Please stop quoting me, it was too easy and boring now please I beg you stop quoting me.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Moonlight Butterfly said:
I can't really remember any that were super terrible. Mind you I had an Atari 2600 as my first console so you just kind of played whatever you got given back in those days. xD

The King's Quest games by Sierra were kind of embarrassing. Especially the one with the princess.
King's Quest 4 with Rosella as the main character?
I thought that game was actually one of the better titles of the classic old Sierra adventure games (or basicly anything before Gabriel Knight and KQ6).
Some of the puzzles were ok I think.

My manliness can handle a little KQ4 without shame.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
ProtoChimp said:
Why would you be ashamed of that? I still install it from time to time.
Also any of first three Harry Potter games.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
OT many movie games but back then played anything that came on CD with PC games magazine.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
ProtoChimp said:
Oh come on, that game was great. The only "sport" game I ever liked, that's for sure.

ProZack

Jun 28, 2011
Vhite said:
ProtoChimp said:
Why would you be ashamed of that? I still install it from time to time.
Also any of first three Harry Potter games.
I have to agree, the original 3 Harry Potter games aren't all that bad. Not the greatest, but still fun.

OT: Shrek 2, and some Power Rangers game on the PS1 I forget the name of. Thinking about them now...ugh, just horrible.