Games you've beaten so hard they needed dental records to identify the body?

searanox

Sep 22, 2008
I've started new games so many times in Half-Life and Half-Life 2 that I've lost track. It's gotta be at least 50 apiece. I've fully played through both at least 15-20 times.

I put over 300 hours into Oblivion (albeit with mods, not just the base game), probably closer to 400 hours.

According to Xfire I've spent about 105 hours on Mass Effect for the PC (I haven't played the Xbox version), which is quite a bit for a fairly short game. I think I've beaten it five times, though admittedly that was done in order to get all the achievements, as well as to see all the alternate dialogue/quest/etc. options.

I've beaten Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, and Super Mario 64 with 100% completion at least five times each. It's too bad they don't make platformers like this anymore; Banjo-Tooie has some of the, if not the best game/level design, music, and humour I've ever seen in a game. Completely under-appreciated gem, that one. Same goes for Donkey Kong 64, which is quite awesome but admittedly not as good as the others.

I can pretty much play the first half of Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. 3 with my eyes closed.

Ditto on Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Sonic & Knuckles and the original Sonic the Hedgehog I own both of, but I'm not as familiar with them. Most of my childhood time went into playing the first two.

Despite complaints, I probably spent a good 80+ hours on Fable: The Lost Chapters for the PC.

I've played probably about a hundred hours of Warcraft III and its expansion pack, which is pretty damn high considering I barely touch the online stuff.

And, from its release to patch 1.09 for the expansion, I played Diablo II hours and hours each day, almost every day. I don't even want to think about how much time that was.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
COD 4, veteran, then just to rub salt in got all the intel so no reloading and went through story mode again.

talon92

Apr 30, 2008
i won't say i've completely annihilated any full games because i don't spend too much time on a single game, but i can think of single levels that i felt i really buttraped.

1. Ravenholm, HL2: did this one using only the gravity gun on hard difficulty (the fast zombies raped me on extreme)
2. Last level of HL2Ep2: on hard i killed all the hunters with the car (as in i ran them over :D) and saved every building but the sawmill from destruction.
3. Pine Valley, World in Conflict: on hard mode again, went through without losing a unit and completed all the objectives, including the secondary ones.
4. Outskirts, Halo 2: completed on legendary a shitload of times. my best run was the time i managed it with only the magnum.

mtk2a

Sep 11, 2008
Final Fantasy 7 & 8

MegaMan X, X2, and X3

Baldur's Gate, Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal

Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2

Super Mario RPG

Super Mario 1 & 3

Goldeneye 007

Mario 64

Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time

Resident Evil 2

Diablo 2 + LOD

Wow, that's quite a few now that I think about it. Only listed games completely completed to the point of absurdity, of course.

Also put ridiculous time into EverQuest, but I can't call it 'completed'.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Super Mario Bros

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdaxMGmpN0g&feature=related

Note* It's a joke

Edit: woops I've putted the wrong video, I changed it.