Games you've been roped into against your will?

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
The only game I was ever pressured and cajowled into playing was Half Life 2. Not that that was a bad thing :) I'm glad they did, although it was inevitable I would play it eventually...

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Company of Heroes. I can appreciate everything that is good about the game, but actually playing the game is about as enjoyable for me as pulling teeth. The problem is that I pretty much have to play it if I expect to play multiplayer games with my friends.

Gondito

Jul 11, 2009
All 3 Halo games, I still hate them all.

COD 4

World of Warcraft. I quit that after 2 days, i never payed for it, fortunately.

CivilWar

Dec 5, 2009
My friends aren't generous enough to say: "Hey, have you tried out (insert game name here)? ... You haven't? ... Well, here, borrow my copy and give it a go!"

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Super Smash Brothers. I am not interested in fan service games and this series is the worst offender.

Jamiemitsu

Oct 25, 2009
Runscape. And while im on the subject, why the hell did it cost the earth to cast one low-level spell?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I've never been roped into any games against my will.
I have strong willpower, I find.

Saris Kai

Oct 5, 2009
My girlfriend roped me into playing WoW, I got to level 16 and was so sick of the game mechanics I quit. Thankfully I was using her copy of the software.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Halo 3, because my friend I always played games on the Xbox 360 with got it. I sold it again about 3 months later haha...

Otherwise, Battlefield 2142, which my friends decided to STOP playing soon after I got it. It's terrible compared to BF2, so that was a waste.

And I may be getting roped into finally purchasing CS:S. But I am resistant to the other rubbish spewing out of the broken Valve, like L4D and TF2.

rampantcreature

sticky-fingered filcher
Apr 14, 2009
I had to play all the Devil May Cry games on the PS2 for my friend who claimed to be bad at hack-n-slash games.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
For me the main culprit is World of Warcraft. A few of my friends were playing it and constantly talked about it, using all the game lingo like 'AOE spells' and 'buffs', which at the time I had no idea what they were talking about, so I signed up for a couple a months just to see what the fuss was about, and ironically I spent most of the time basically spamming AOE spells. But eventually boredom set in and I haven't played it since.