GameSpy's New Owner Shuts Down Classic Multiplayer

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
While not familiar with any of those games' online communities, I think it's a rather dick move to suddenly and inexplicably cut the servers without any announcement of the action prior. While it's understandable to cut programs that don't turn in a net profit, it's at least common courtesy to alert the developers and gamers still behind the community a month, or at least a week beforehand.

This just shows that the new GameSpy management cares even less for its community than the old one, which can't be good for the long run.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
maxmanrules said:
There's an outcry because nobody plays them? The people who are pissed are the ones who play them, otherwise nobody would even NOTICE
I'm currently working on a NWN2 mod, and the NWN community is pretty big, I can tell you that.
Call it sarcasm. The point was exactly what you were saying: if there was really nobody playing, nobody would have noticed or complained or cared. The fact that this has happened belies the concept the prior poster was claiming.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Neverwinter Nights, my favourite roleplaying game.. A server people has been working on for 3 years just went out of beta, requires IP to direct-connect now... Quickly dying, never getting to see any other players than the selected few beta-testers...

Gamespy, F-you. F, you.

*sigh*

doggie015 said:
GameSpy is not needed today anyway.
Gamespy isnt needed? Oh what a relief! I will go tell everyone who cannot see the server on their serverlist that Gamespy isnt even needed, they will be happy to hear.