Gamestation Defends "Sexist" Ad

pulse2

May 10, 2008
TheAbominableDan said:
I find this offensive. It is pretty sexist. I have a few problems with it. First of all when you say something is cheaper than something it's always a cheap thing. You never see an advertisement that says something like "Cheaper than the International Space Station" so there is the implication that your girlfriend is cheap.

There's also the old stereotype that's always bugged me that women are both expensive, and also the way to keep a woman is to constantly spend money on her. People are going to respond to me by saying "But that's true" well maybe, if you base your world view on stand-up comedians instead of actual dating experience. If you don't then it's only sometimes true. It's possible to have a relationship where you don't spend tons of money all the time.

In summary, ad is indeed offensive.
You should try dating my girlfriend :D Lol. She doesn't understand the term 'cheap'.

But yeah, I get your point.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
like Shamus said...

"We've got an entire store full of games where grizzled white men kill thousands of people, and you're upset that the advertising isn't inclusive enough? This is like complaining that Mel Gibson's racist tirade isn't available with closed captioning for Spanish speakers."

oh wait not that one lol
"If your significant other is worth less than thirty British pounds, I think a slightly rude advertisement is the least of your problems."

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Funny, I don't complain about ads targeted towards women, such as makeup ads. Really, it seems like the same shit to me.