GameStop Denies Rumors that It Cancelled Switch Pre-Orders

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
GameStop Denies Rumors that It Cancelled Switch Pre-Orders

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1368/1368015.jpgRumors that GameStop canceled Switch pre-orders that had been purchased are untrue, the retail giant said.

Over the last couple of days, some unsubstantiated rumors were circulating that canceling Nintendo Switch pre-orders [http://nintendotoday.com/switch-pre-order-cancel/]. Those rumors were completely anecdotal, but it was concerning to think that perhaps a retailer had miscalculated its stock, or Nintendo had cut back on launch allotments. Luckily, it sounds like the reports were inaccurate.

In a statement to GamesIndustry.biz [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-02-06-gamestop-denies-reports-of-cancelled-switch-reservations], a GameStop representative said, "GameStop has not, and is not, cancelling any Nintendo Switch pre-orders due to allocation issues. We are working very closely to confirm and validate any and all pre-orders of this innovative gaming system. Should any customer who pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch console from GameStop experience any issue with their order, we encourage them to contact our Guest Care team so we can help resolve the issue."

While it was concerning to hear reports that pre-orders might be canceled, it's good that GameStop responded quickly to quell any possible worries. Target has yet to issue any statement.

If you pre-ordered from GameStop and have questions or concerns about your order, you can contact the aforementioned Guest Care Team by clicking here [http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/contact.aspx].

[gallery=6910]

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
...The rumor was probably misconstrued as that from 'can't take any further pre orders since the allocation for them company wide has been reached'

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Isn't that illegal to do?
Unless there's a recall and refund. They can't just take your money if that's what you're saying.

Gamespot is horrible, regardless ... but it's not their fault if one company promises them sufficient volume and doesn't deliver or there's an unknowable fault that leads to recall. It would be like blaming your telco if a mobile phone battery type made 1% of all those phones catch alight in the charger and they ordered a cross board recall of all products so you suddenly can't get one.

Keep in mind you also get a full refund if you buy a product and the product company then issues a recall notice within so many months if I remember correctly. Or is that just vehicles?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
RaikuFA said:
Unless there's a recall and refund. They can't just take your money if that's what you're saying.

Gamespot is horrible, regardless ... but it's not their fault if one company promises them sufficient volume and doesn't deliver or there's an unknowable fault that leads to recall. It would be like blaming your telco if a mobile phone battery type made 1% of all those phones catch alight in the charger and they ordered a cross board recall of all products so you suddenly can't get one.

Keep in mind you also get a full refund if you buy a product and the product company then issues a recall notice within so many months if I remember correctly. Or is that just vehicles?
I was just worried I'd go in when I go pay it off and they say its not in the system.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
It's not Gamestop themselves cancelling Switch pre-orders, it's customers cancelling them, at least that's the case with my local store, the clerks mentioned how they already had three people cancel their Switch pre-orders and they weren't too happy about that.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
RaikuFA said:

I don't think they are "horrible" at all, I love going there as the clerks are always real nice to me.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
darkrage6 said:
I don't think they are "horrible" at all, I love going there as the clerks are always real nice to me.
Yep, unfortunately a company is more than its entry level employees, however. I was moreso talking about Gamestop's business practices. Hardly the EL staff's means to change, and I'm sure they'd like to.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Can't we as a species stop going to Gamestop? It is a horrible, abusive (to employees and customers), dishonest company and it should have died in the 90's. Digital downloads exist, Amazon Exists, and other non garbage fire stores exist so why would you go to Gamestop? Is it to witness the human misery on parade? You might just be part of the problem.

I mean, just because I work for Amazon doesn't mean I'm biased or anything >.>