Gamifying Guns

Spartanmk1

Feb 14, 2011
At the price tag I would not worry about it for a good long time.

I personally think it's neat. A bit extreme, but neat.

I'd like to try it out. I get a kick out of hitting steel at 200 yards, let alone a mile plus.

DarkSpectre

Jan 25, 2010
As a system which might give the civilian populace a means with which to help level the asymmetry in warfare with a governmental force it appears great. It won't make up totally for lack of training in a revolution but it might give them a fighting chance against trained soldiers. Pity it is so expensive.
Personally I wouldn't want it for hunting or target practice. It would become a crutch. Would make it boring too.

SiskoBlue

Monk
Aug 11, 2010
I was surprised to find out a few months ago that second-hand gun sales in America don't require any vetting like buying a new gun does.

One thing I've very curious about. How come bullets, guns and all this other paraphenalia isn't logged on a national database? It's almost impossible to buy a car in the UK without ID, and a confirmed address. Would it be so difficult to ensure that all firearms made are tracked by owner, and if you sell a firearm without proper identification and reporting it, you get a massive fine?

And would it be beyond the realms of possibility to label each bullet so you know where it was made and sold? They can do it with eggs so can't imagine a bullet would be harder.

I know people would find ways around these systems but it would mean finding the responsible shooter in any incident would be a lot easier. But that's what they're avoiding isn't it. People may not buy their guns and ammo if it means they lose the annonymity if they decide to kill someone.

No one has bought a pistol without having the thought of when they'd shoot someone with it. That's disturbing.