Gaming Disappointments?

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Deus Ex Invisible War... you're not Deus Ex, take off that mask!!!

ripdajacker

Code Monkey
Oct 25, 2009
Quake 4 was a huge disappointment for me. There was too much different, but it was strikingly familiar. It truly found the uncanny valley in my head.

Duke Nukem Forever made me want to sell my PC. It's just pure shit.

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
Borderlands. I love RPGs, and I love FPSs. So why doesn't it work? My entire experience was me getting pissed off that I couldn't kill basic enemies with decent guns until level 12 because of horrendous weopon accuracy and damage, and the fact that I had to keep going back and doing side quests, just so that I could continue with the story...
...which was bland, uninteresting, and just sapped my drive to continue. In the end, I was being bombarded by a thousand pterodactyls which I could neither avoid nor shoot down and kept killing me, and I stopped playing.

However, that's just my vent - I hear it's more fun in online co-op, but none of my friends play it. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong. Doesn't excuse the fact that I couldn't easily kill half a dozen raiders on the other side of some rocks from my game start point even after 4 hours of playing.

alouicia

Aug 7, 2011
C&C Red Alert 3 and Fable 3. Both highly disappointing.

I'm not Triskaphobic, the fact that the number three appears in both is a coincidence.

BigTortoise

May 26, 2011
Oblivion and Fallout 3. Only a few hours into each of them and have no interest in continuing.

AJvsRonin

Nov 11, 2010
FF XIII. One of the few games I bought new off the shelf, Stopped playing after 8 hours and traded the game in.

Also Red Dead Redemption I found disappointing, way too repetitive though i did play it all the way through and fairly enjoyed it, but not as much as everyone else apparently.

LA Noire was kinda disappointing too when I realized that it was sticking too strongly to the specific logic thread of a specific piece of evidence getting a specific result in an interrogation. There were times when I had collected all the evidence possible but found it too hard to figure out which specific piece of evidence was required.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Heavy Rain.

Oh, so you just felt like not explaining those FUCKIN' PLOT HOLES!

And here I thought that any of the 4 main characters could've been the killer. -_-

ASan83

Mar 11, 2011
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. The original is one of my favorite games. The second one was just an all around miss, They cut out a lot of content, could have used the source material better, and the Fusion system never worked for me. Marvel zombie that I am, I couldn't even finish it.

May 5, 2010
I'm guessing you want us to list our own gaming disappointments. I have to guess because you didn't actually say so in your OP. Also, your title has a fairly useless colon at the end of it.
Stealthygamer said:
CoD MW2 WHY MW WAS A GOOD GAME YOU ARE NOT

*flameshield activated*
Really? You think you need a flameshield for that? You haven't been here very long, have you?

Oh right, my disappointments. Uh, let's see.....MW2's multiplayer was pretty wretched, now that you mention it. Oh, and I really didn't enjoy Arkham Asylum at all. The writing was FUCKING HORRIBLE. Oh! And GTA IV wasn't as fun as it should have been. (Shut the fuck up, Roman, I'm trying to do something cool!) Oh, and New Vegas has been a bit of a letdown. I don't know why, it's about as good as Fallout 3(which I loved), I just can't get into it for some reason.

That's all I've got for now.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Brink
Homefront
Duke Nukem Forever

And good to know I'm not the only one disappointed in these games.

ripdajacker

Code Monkey
Oct 25, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Oh right, my disappointments. Uh, let's see.....MW2's multiplayer was pretty wretched, now that you mention it. Oh, and I really didn't enjoy Arkham Asylum at all. The writing was FUCKING HORRIBLE. Oh! And GTA IV wasn't as fun as it should have been. (Shut the fuck up, Roman, I'm trying to do something cool!) Oh, and New Vegas has been a bit of a letdown. I don't know why, it's about as good as Fallout 3(which I loved), I just can't get into it for some reason.

That's all I've got for now.
Funny you mention Fallout. I had precisely the same problem with New Vegas. I spent many hours in Fallout 3, but a few hours in new vegas I stopped for some reason.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Too Human - To this day I still have no idea how they managed to screw it up. The idea behind the game was amazing, take Horse Mythology, turn it into a cyberpunk RPG, and add a combat system similar to devil may cry. HOW DO YOU FUCK THAT UP?!

Assassin's Creed - Never managed to finish the first game because I got bored of how repetitive it was. Thankfully the sequel brought be back and made me love the series again.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
this isnt my name said:
Borderlands. More recycling than oblivion, with less colour and less gameplay intereaction.
I mean shit oblivion was bad, but this, this makes it look amazing.
Borderlands is a ton of fun, but only if you play with friends the entire time. If not then the entire thing is incredibly boring.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
I'm guessing you want us to list our own gaming disappointments. I have to guess because you didn't actually say so in your OP.
Does every post need to be a question?

But I'd agree with F:NV. I, too loved Fallout 3, but with all the bugs and glitches I keep hearing about for NV, I just don't trust the game to work and cannot relax while playing.

Kahldris71

Jun 1, 2011
Its already been said, but Dragon Age 2. I was so hyped for another Bioware game. After Playing Dragon Age Origins and Awakening to completion at least 10 times, i was so excited to continue my wardens story. I diden't even watch trailers, too afraid to spoil any bit of the story for myself. I pre-ordered the Signature Edition and anxiously waited for it to be released. To my disappointment when i installed the game, not only was i unable to import my favorite Elf Warden. But i was forced to play as some ponce named Hawke, who had a voice, but it was ******* Terrible. I soldered on to find that all the aspects i liked about the first game had been removed. The Upgrade and Enchanting systems, The somewhat clunky but loveable combat of the original had been replaced with bland and uninteresting. I never adventured outside of "Kirkwall" and had to replay the same dungeons over and over. I beat the game once. The story if it can be called that was crap. My choices effected absolutely nothing. The characters were bland and unlikeable. There was no Alistar or Morrigan. The game was just a huge letdown for me. Money wasted in my opinion.