Gaming Disappointments?

cora mcstrap

Jul 21, 2011
Civ 5. I don;t actualy play it my husband does but he payed full price for it and only played 1 game when he played Civ 4 to death so my bank account rates this has a very big dissapointment

TraceurRyuk

Jul 25, 2010
Mass Effect 2. I dunno, I got probably about halfway through and just didn't have the urge to finish.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Oblivion
Fable 3 (I kind of liked Fable 2)
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 7
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (It's pure brokenness)
Brink (I couldn't find any one to play with me)
Pokemon Battle Revolution (I was expecting another epic console game, not an N64 port)
Ocarina of Time (Not as "special" as every brought it to be. Majora's Mask is much better)
Darksiders
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
and Halo 3.

Come at me bros.

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
When the game was about to come out, I only really knew of it in the barest sense. This was before I started reading reviews.

So I asked for, got, and played Shadow the Hedgehog.

I DIDN'T KNOW! *Breaks down into tears*

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
For me, it was FarCry 2. It's not that it was a bad game, in fact, I thought it was excellent in almost every respect, but the controls and aiming were just not smooth in the slightest. It was too damn jumpy.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
My friends have been hyping up Drakengard for a while. I read a few decent reviews and thought "Hmm, maybe I could give it a shot. I love dragons after all". When I finally got it at Gamestop I found it to be stiff, bad pop-up, AWFUL combat, even worse camera, just a horrible example of a PS2 game at that time. Hardly worth the pedestal that my friends (and some reviews) have placed it on. I'm trying to find games to keep me occupied so I would have a reason not to play it during summer vacation. I feel rather betrayed by Drakengard...or perhaps the blame should go to my friends. Those same friends have been reccomending me Final Fantasy XIII so I've been more cautious and never even glanced at it.

Okamiden wasn't BAD, but it really was disappointing compared to the shimmering heavenly light that was Okami. It's really limited by the DS' abilities and the fact that everything was turned mini-me cutesy kind of threw me off. And I KNOW for a fact that Capcom didn't give a shit about the game. NO Ammy, NO explanation of the pup that is figured to be Ammy's whelp, very little of the charm and atmosphere, and of course messing with continuity and GIVING SHIRANUI A SEX CHANGE (I wish I made that up. The latter is a translation issue but is still unforgivable). Again, not a bad game but a sequel to Okami that takes away many of the things that made the original so great.

I guess naturally I would also put Uncharted or Naughty Dog here because I'm such a whiny and bitter little brat. I don't care if Jaks 2 and 3 were GTA with platforming, when I see Insomniac juggling Resistance and Ratchet I kind of look to Naughty Dog to expect something similar. It could even be something more along the lines of the original J&D and I would be equally satisfied (especially if you mix in the visuals of Uncharted). By extention, Jak and Daxter: Lost Frontier was disappointing. Everyone had high hopes for it, and while it's not the worst game to come out, when you expect a long-awaited sequel to a beloved franchise it's not hard to get your heart broken over it. It was unpolished, has graphics that aged years ago (even for a PS2 game. Ok, so Daxter looks great. That's it), limiting old characters, rare nods to the franchise, having the only 3 characters from the previous games so different from before, and then throwing in a lot of dogfights. Just a disappointment

On another note, Heroes On The Move (and I will continue to call it that) was a decent conversation starter. 3 of the greatest 3D platforming franchises in one game sounds pretty freaking awesome (even if it's in a guilty pleasure kind of way, like reading cracky fanfics that make no sense yet still entertain you). But the way that the game was executed into a collection of mini-games with a REALLY cutesy and nonsensical plot was the beginning of the end. It was made as a way to sucker people into the Move. What other reason would they create a game with platforming stars THAT CAN'T JUMP!?

Dragonheart57

Jun 13, 2011
Dark Void. I was expecting some fun jetpack shooting action, but to get there, I have to play a really boring and repetitive cover based shooter.

Dresos

Jun 17, 2011
Last year I made the mistake of buying a game without first looking up some gameplay, When I began playing it was a horrible game with a plot that made no sense, controlls that involved flailing around with my ps3 controller and a camera that always tried to hide in the ground or in walls.

The games name was LAIR! and now it will rest in a box that I've hidden away under my bed... forever!

BrailleOperatic

Jul 7, 2010
Knight of the Old Republic II was incredibly disappointing. Every one I knew had been badgering me to play it for years, assuring me it was a masterpiece of story telling. Eventually I caved, but after I booted it up and spent a couple hours suffering that first opening level, I realise this game was slow paced and excruciatingly boring. I hated it. I got about fifteen hours out of it before I decided I was wasting my time on something that wasn't going to get better.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Halo 3: ODST. Short campaign, no matchmaking, firefight gets old after a while. Good as a £15 buy, not for the full £40 preorder.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Any sports games for me are a major disappointment, except for the original Top Spin for X-Box for some insane reason. I got it for free, and couldn't stop playing it. Anything else, blegh.
I've never liked any GTA's.
Most Final Fantasy games.
Borderlands.
Brink.
Fable 2. I actually enjoyed Fable 3 more. It should have all stopped after Lost Chapters.
The Witcher - I had a few friends seriously hype it up. After two hours, I just couldn't play it anymore. I did however, enjoy The Witcher 2. So,..*raspberry*

I'm sure there is more floating around up there in my noggin', but I'm too tired to list more.

AdumbroDeus

Feb 26, 2010
Aurora Firestorm said:
Chrono Cross. It was supposed to be the sequel to one of the best JRPGs of its time, and it had a horrible combat system, a completely unrelated plot, and none of the old characters. What the heck was Square thinking?
It was thinking it could make a game that actually expanded the story in a meaningful way rather then resting on it's laurels.

Therefore they created a better game with a completely contrary worldview, which made it impossible to accept for those who considered CT the height of gaming (and therefore endorsed simple but charming optimism as their personal ideals for gaming).

CC wasn't bad, it just wasn't your type of game and endorsed a worldview of the fantastic that was contrary to your own. Theres a difference.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Spore.

I found out about this game in 2005 and since then I followed it very closely, at first being very excited for it and then...it happened.

I literally watched Spore's production cycle go from a more serious, science-fiction style game to a goofy childrens game iwht googly eyed single cell creatures.

...if only.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
neonsword13-ops said:
Oblivion
Fable 3 (I kind of liked Fable 2)
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 7
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (It's pure brokenness)
Brink (I couldn't find any one to play with me)
Pokemon Battle Revolution (I was expecting another epic console game, not an N64 port)
Ocarina of Time (Not as "special" as every brought it to be. Majora's Mask is much better)
Darksiders
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
and Halo 3.

Come at me bros.
I ... Hate you ... Your post made me cry (not really ) and i dont really hate you but that list man THAT LIST, to each his own but wow .

OT: ima make my own list

Fable trilogy
Dragon age 2
Mass effect 1
Assassins creen trilogy
Bioshock 1 and 2
Final fantasy christal chronicals
Gears of knee high walls

All games i have in my library ( except assassins creed stoped at 2 )
I kept buying fable in hopes it gets better , word of caution : it doesn't