Gaming Goals

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I don't understand the reference.
Mass Effect 3. All my plot points are in reference to large, still unresolved cliff hangers with the entire cast of the Mass Effect series.
Aeirth, for all her beloved-ability is dead, and changing that is a major retcon to the entire FF7 story, such as it is. Meanwhile in Mass Effect land they simply didn't finish the story. The screen fades to black and...and nothing. We don't know how the story ended or who lived and what happens after the major conflict.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
We don't know how the story ended or who lived and what happens after the major conflict.
Judging by Andromeda and Anthem, it's probably better this way. The lives of the characters can live on in your imagination, allowing their endings to be whatever you think they would be and there is no cannon story to prove you wrong.

Sometimes a good ending is not an ending at all, to be fair. Though it is not commonly used effectively even if the story tries to put itself that way.

And there are merits to the possible retcon in which Aerith doesn't die in FF7 but that would require a deep dive into the lore that I'm sure you don't care enough to hear from me. I don't think they'll do it in the end, but there are ways they COULD and have it make sense and even be amazing.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I want to get as emotionally invested in a game series as I did Mass Effect. ME3 came out almost 10 years ago, and I still have an attachment hangover from it. Why should I care what happens in Hope County with Joseph Seed when Tali'Zorah didn't get to build her home on Rannoch? Who has time to be a father to BOY and fight Thor when I need to know if EDI survives! Is the FF7 remake gonna give a way to save Aeirith? WHO CARES! Did Jack and her students make it out of London okay?!
What about Joe and Silvia?
What about Jack Slate?
What about Tequila?
What about Vectorman?
What about Rick Taylor?
What about Ristar?
What about Sam Gideon?
What about Garcia and Paula? (That one technically got answered in another game)

Do you think about any of them? Did you?! You heartless and selfish fiend!

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
What about Tequila?
Im unclear, is this that hot Hispanic Marine from the Aliens vs Predator game who gets frozen in the end? I thought she came back in a DLC? But maybe Im misremembering?
Also didn't Sam Gideon manage to escape the explosion in the end?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Im unclear, is this that hot Hispanic Marine from the Aliens vs Predator game who gets frozen in the end? I thought she came back in a DLC? But maybe Im misremembering?
Tequila from Hard Boiled and Stranglehold. John woo properties. The latter which is a sequel to the film, was supposed to get another sequel starring Vin Diesel in video game format. Unfortunately, Midway filed for bankruptcy, so the sequel never happened. Thankfully, Stranglehold did not end on a hook.

Also didn't Sam Gideon manage to escape the explosion in the end?
Yes, but the Russian Star are still a threat.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Buy a game at full price. Been a few years since that happened. It would mean two things: One, I've achieved enough financial stability to drop an ungodly amount of money on my hobby. Two, a game has come out that I'm excited enough about and trust enough to buy on release day.