Gaming interruptions!

Nerples

May 7, 2008
Ever been playing a game at a pivotal moment, something amazing, heart-wrenching, gut-explodingly awesome is happening on screen and you get some moron asking you where you've put the tea bags?

This happened today. Just recently I had finished Half-Life 2 Episode 2 and was watching the ending (SPOILERS) when all of a sudden those juicy guys come in and f everything up. Eli is being killed and Alyx is devastated. I'm watching with baited breath when my fucking brother walks in and stands there constantly asking where i've put his pissing rucksack! Therefore pretty much ruining the entire end sequence and stripping it of its (probably) brilliant emotionaly quality.

Anything like this happened to you? I want to know to ease the pain. Feel free to go into detail.

smuttbullen

Jun 21, 2008
I was finishing kingdom hearts after playing for a long time. My family walks in to the room and says something about "Switch the channel!" and seconds after i killed the last boss they changed the channel, leaving me without the heart-breaking ending :(

Zombie_King

May 26, 2008
Special mention goes to any game with unskippable cutscenes (I'm looking at you, Army of Two).

For me, it'd have to be when I finished Assassin's Creed. Some turd downstairs plugged in a hair dryer and blew a fuse. I had to fight my way back to Al Mualim all over again.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Supper interrupted my Glorious storming of the beach of Nova Prospekt. Literally glorious, I was owning Combine left and right without a scratch. Promptly after supper I continued and died from a friggen cliff.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
Hurricane Katrina - yes, that Hurricane Katrina. Me in my idiocy had not saved in GTA : San Andreas for about 3 hours, and right after I had beaten the boss to open up the entire world forever and ever, the power goes out from the hurricane. I hate Mother Nature, that *****.

Noznin

Apr 21, 2008
when ever i play cod4 online i get atleast three knocks on the door and two phonecalls. It feels bad just leaving my guy somewhere to get killed so i leave the match out of respect for my team mates.. im sure they see it differently though

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
That's why I unplug my phone and lock and board up all my doors and windows before playing video games. At first I would undo everything when I was done playing, but then I realized I like it better like that, so now I leave everything as it is.

I don't consider myself a shut-in, though. Just because I'm not physically interacting with people doesn't mean I'm a shut-in, right? Posting on forums and muting annoying little kids on xbox live counts, right?

Darthracoon

Aug 27, 2008
My idiot of a father standing directly infront of the t.v whilst mgs4's ending sequence is playing out, im trying to hide tears whilst hes there complaining about what the neighbours are doing.
Or the dog(whom is my responsibility) having to go out when im in a online match and have to leave him standing there like a snipers bullseye.

RedRingRico

Aug 27, 2008
Sometimes my brother watches me play, and then I can't take anything seriously. For instance, had I finished Mass Effect on my own, I would have quietly absorbed the epic ending. With my brother in the room, it changes to "Why are you driving a warthog?", "Don't cry squid man!" and so forth.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Ugh. My mum always chooses the worst time to call me downstairs. (that's a big deal when it's 4 flights of stairs)