Gaming Jokes

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
EA on that 'singleplayer games are dead' again

fyi, it's a reference to a tiktok meme where someone posts "She's a 10 but [insert dealbreaking flaw]", but the flaw is some kind of joke eg. "She's a ten but her favorite Metal Gear is Survive"

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
EA on that 'singleplayer games are dead' again

fyi, it's a reference to a tiktok meme where someone posts "She's a 10 but [insert dealbreaking flaw]", but the flaw is some kind of joke eg. "She's a ten but her favorite Metal Gear is Survive"

What the hell was that shitty EA comment even in reference to?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It's a reference to a tiktok meme where someone posts "She's a 10 but [insert dealbreaking flaw]", but the flaw is some kind of joke eg. "She's a ten but her favorite Metal Gear is Survive"

Tsk, like EA even knows what a 10 is.
Gotcha. Just wondered what/whom they thought was a ten in the context of that tweet but only saw something further down about Sly Cooper and Ragnarok.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's a reference to a tiktok meme where someone posts "She's a 10 but [insert dealbreaking flaw]", but the flaw is some kind of joke eg. "She's a ten but her favorite Metal Gear is Survive"

Tsk, like EA even knows what a 10 is.
EA, who the hell are you even trying to impress? Sounds more like they're trying to impress people who don't game at all, than anybody gaming related. Even most people who only play multiplayer games will call him out on their bull now.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I don't see the word "fun" anywhere in there.
Of course not, it reads like some crypto bro who's never played a video game in his life, but once drunkenly read the Wikipedia plot synopsis of Sword Art Online.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
5% drop rate and there's only 4 of them? Do the games have a consolidated friends list/guild system? Is this guy pretending that multiple publishers are collaborating on this level or is a single company pumping out 6 persistent MMOs? Who has time to grind in 4 different games to get a preorder bonus for a 5th game?

I mean, he's right that it's certainly new, it's also just hot garbage

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
5% drop rate and there's only 4 of them? Do the games have a consolidated friends list/guild system? Is this guy pretending that multiple publishers are collaborating on this level or is a single company pumping out 6 persistent MMOs? Who has time to grind in 4 different games to get a preorder bonus for a 5th game?

I mean, he's right that it's certainly new, it's also just hot garbage
He's a crypto bro i.e. he doesn't actually understand games, or anything really, up to and including crypto, only that slapping blockchain on anything definitely solves a problem (don't ask what problem tho) and that's there is much potential for profit in doing so (and that he'll be one of the people making that profit, obviously).

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
He's a crypto bro i.e. he doesn't actually understand games, or anything really, up to and including crypto, only that slapping blockchain on anything definitely solves a problem (don't ask what problem tho) and that's there is much potential for profit in doing so (and that he'll be one of the people making that profit, obviously).
And the thing is that Ubisoft, who introduced their "Digits" NFTs to a resounding thud, is now not only discontinuing multiplayer on loads of games, but is also taking away DLC. What's to say that these companies won't shut down the servers for their games whenever they see fit, making those precious blockchains people spent years earning utterly worthless?

Reactions: BrawlMan