United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Oh dear this is giving the Xbots some fodder.
Still not much of a big loss, aside from Prototype. But Activision & Sierra were the ones who messed up the franchise in the first place with the second game. Besides, Sony's got Spider-Man 2. As much as I like Prototype, I highly doubt the reboot is going to be that good. It has too much to live up to. At best it's better than the second game, and has smoother gameplay mechanics compared to the first game.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Still not much of a big loss, aside from Prototype. But Activision & Sierra were the ones who messed up the franchise in the first place with the second game. Besides, Sony's got Spider-Man 2. As much as I like Prototype, I highly doubt the reboot is going to be that good. It has too much to live up to. At best it's better than the second game, and has smoother gameplay mechanics compared to the first game.
I’d be surprised if half the franchises Microsoft acquired from this deal ever see the light of day anyways.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Oh dear this is giving the Xbots some fodder.
I'm not entirely sure that acquiring Blizzard- who have managed to fuck up two Diablo games in a row and have surgically extracted everything from Overwatch 2 that anyone was excited for- should really be heralded as "oh what a beautiful morning". And how old is Starcraft 2? Jesus Christ it became a teenager this July.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Uhh, to be fair, Harley Quinn didn't do that bad in theaters. Sales were average, and COVID just started. The DVD/Blu-Rays sales on the other hand, were so much better!

Morbius doesn't count, because it would have been killed by nearly any other movie from 2022. Also, I wouldn't call Morbius a "major comic book movie". Major disaster if you describe it as that.

I have no idea what Thunderbolts is, but I will be seeing Sonic 3 over it.