Gaming Journalists Make No Damn Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I mean, it's a bad take because Gillette still isn't broke? Any change in a 'woke' product being economically viable may have far more to do with the Quarterings of the world making money off drama than actual quality. Also the cherry picking about certain flops of 'woke' movies and not accepting successes. How about taking quotes that have been apologised for and holding that against people. This one is not necessarily you but being against Woke seems far more concerned with determining which places women and minorities are allowed. Im just not into segregating society like that. And, for some, reason havent realised that woke not earning money would kill itself economically and thus is no concern

I generally see you as a fair person but talking about 'woke and media' makes you decidedly not fair. The person talking here in this thread doesnt match whats in other threads

Maybe it's got nothing to do with heresy? Maybe you're just wrong. Like, funny you bring up heresy here and not in most other threads? I wonder if there's something there...

Lastly, everyone heard your grievances. I just think it's a bad take. If by 'acknowledge' you just want me to agree with what your opinion is and I'm just not going to do that.
Gillette isn't broke but it was one of the main market leaders, so dominant almost no-one could compete many places. It's woke marketing cost it a lot in the end and worse for it, it made it seem weak. Other start ups saw it as an opportunity to take advantaged of a weakened company and enter the market.

1 advert did that. Just 1

They've seemingly pulled back fro going down that road so the woke perception doesn't keep being carried on as such. Had they put out 2-3 more ads like that one? yeh they'd likely be far closer to the drain right now.

Woke products are economically viable. They however won't likely ever be the giants and titans of a sector which is kind of the thing woke activists hate because they want those titans to be woke but every time one has tried it then it's ended up losing more than it gained from the gambit.

As I've pointed out before too it seems woke activists don't seem to know the spaces they're claiming to be excluded from and keep demanding change of. Worse when something fails in said space and it's something they were pushing they immediately try to blame -ist, -ism or -phobia.

People have different tastes and so if you tip loads of hot sauce into a dish people won't enjoy it as much. Demographics exist and people need to realise that it's fine rather than trying to make something for everyone.

I mean I can actually point to a Jimquisition about just this kind of thing but not mentioning wokeness.

What happens now is something like

Wokester: Look at all the manbabies upset The Master is now a woman aww cry more you sexists what's wrong don't you like women being included.

Doctor Who fans: Um we'd have preferred the Rani back actually, you know the female villain Time Lord who hasn't been brought back into new who yet rather than just having to take The Master and have a woman play the character just for the name recognition. Build up The Rani in public perception again and introduce the character to a new generation rather than take an already built character and gender flip it.

Woksters: *The sound of Silence until they find some-one else and call them a Manbaby and start all over again*

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Gillette isn't broke but it was one of the main market leaders, so dominant almost no-one could compete many places. It's woke marketing cost it a lot in the end and worse for it, it made it seem weak. Other start ups saw it as an opportunity to take advantaged of a weakened company and enter the market.

1 advert did that. Just 1

They've seemingly pulled back fro going down that road so the woke perception doesn't keep being carried on as such. Had they put out 2-3 more ads like that one? yeh they'd likely be far closer to the drain right now.

Woke products are economically viable. They however won't likely ever be the giants and titans of a sector which is kind of the thing woke activists hate because they want those titans to be woke but every time one has tried it then it's ended up losing more than it gained from the gambit.

As I've pointed out before too it seems woke activists don't seem to know the spaces they're claiming to be excluded from and keep demanding change of. Worse when something fails in said space and it's something they were pushing they immediately try to blame -ist, -ism or -phobia.

People have different tastes and so if you tip loads of hot sauce into a dish people won't enjoy it as much. Demographics exist and people need to realise that it's fine rather than trying to make something for everyone.

I mean I can actually point to a Jimquisition about just this kind of thing but not mentioning wokeness.

What happens now is something like

Wokester: Look at all the manbabies upset The Master is now a woman aww cry more you sexists what's wrong don't you like women being included.

Doctor Who fans: Um we'd have preferred the Rani back actually, you know the female villain Time Lord who hasn't been brought back into new who yet rather than just having to take The Master and have a woman play the character just for the name recognition. Build up The Rani in public perception again and introduce the character to a new generation rather than take an already built character and gender flip it.

Woksters: *The sound of Silence until they find some-one else and call them a Manbaby and start all over again*
You’ve missed the point. The old system wasn’t a good pasta sauce either

Wokeness is only happening because what we happening previously was not financially viable. They’re trying to find an alternative. Wokeness maybe financially unviable but not trying to change will assure financial ruin.

So what are you guys proposing to solve this problem? 1980s regulations where you couldn’t do or say things because gays and women are evil? Yep, that was a great time, wast it. Listen to the market? It showed that the old conservative system is not liked by the market. Wokeness is generally only disliked by the cottage drama industry on YouTube. Pretending that femMaster wasn’t popular is ridiculous. It was so popular they did femDoctor. Hate her all you want. I remember people hating Janeway and Sisko. They literally left in drove. Star Trek didn’t care. It’s still going.

And it would be really cool if you stop with the ‘I’m the real Doctor Who fan and they only like this...’ nonsense. You maybe a fan. You certainly don’t speak for the entire fandom. It’s this self righteous attitude that made you think you have so many people on your side. You don’t Pretending what you like is popular is false. It USED to be popular. It isn’t anymore.

Gillette will be fine. Stop worrying about. Also, stop with your wrongthink everyone.

Reactions: Gyrobot

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You’ve missed the point. The old system wasn’t a good pasta sauce either

Wokeness is only happening because what we happening previously was not financially viable. They’re trying to find an alternative. Wokeness maybe financially unviable but not trying to change will assure financial ruin.
Ah but it's not technically financially unviable what was happening before. It was very much financially viable that's how the companies came to be so big.

What wasn't viable was the presently required things in this economic reality and they're still not because the required things themselves are the issue. Allow me to clarify because that probably wasn't very clear.

At present companies as expected to permanently be able to produce growth, more profits, more money or investors start pulling out or try to throw out the head of the company in many cases. Also lots of people have been pushing for maximum return in minimum time. Once a company has come to be the main force in a market there's little other room to grow. You can try and kill your competition of what little is left or absorb them but that costs money. You can increase the price of the product but the market will likely have a limit and moves to increase price might mean less sales anyway so for $3 extra per sale you lose 2 sales of $6. The best way to get growth? A new market or to refine your market to those deemed more profitable.

Gillette wasn't unviable. But the requirements of growing when it had become so dominant were.

The problem being Gilette and others have been trying to take what is viable and change the perception of it to pull in more people but in doing so it's alienating others. They're not actually creating new or trying to actually cater to the new audience just do the bare minimum to seem like it.

So what are you guys proposing to solve this problem? 1980s regulations where you couldn’t do or say things because gays and women are evil? Yep, that was a great time, wast it. Listen to the market? It showed that the old conservative system is not liked by the market. Wokeness is generally only disliked by the cottage drama industry on YouTube. Pretending that femMaster wasn’t popular is ridiculous. It was so popular they did femDoctor. Hate her all you want. I remember people hating Janeway and Sisko. They literally left in drove. Star Trek didn’t care. It’s still going.
Actual market diversification with appropriate scale and turning it back to games journalism, people covering the stuff that's not merely the AAA or algorithm friendly stuff.

Step 1 would be google abolishing site ranking based on algorithm search matches. As is it rewards sites covering whatever is trending with more than just clicks but overall search position for other stuff too which is why Polygon were writing about Game of Thrones rather than video games before.

If Wokeness were so liked so many properties going woke wouldn't be struggling. It's not merely some cottage industry disliking it. The audience is going.

Profit wise Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle nearly matched Star Wars the Last Jedi based on most analysis or whatever that shouldn't happen, that shouldn't have been possible yet it did happen. Why? people suggesting Star Wars the Last Jedi was woke and a push online that people who hated it were sexist misogynerds who just didn't get how great Rian Johnson was. Wokeness, actual wokeness seems to come with a hugely toxic group along with it and people are getting fed up of that. People are fed up of everything being a fight so anything seen as woke will be avoided because why bother when to voice a view on it especially if it's a negative one will result in lots of angry toxic people who if you're lucky will just bombard you with BS for weeks. Wokness and liking or disliking certain media is being seen as a way to judge people as good or bad people based on their reaction and the only way to avoid that is not the play and avoid said media. It's funny because this BS kind of started years ago in entertainment and I doubt anyone will remember it now.

Fucking American Sniper the movie.................. No really. You thought shaming people over media or into seeing media was a new thing? Well in 2015 Sarah Palin pushed people to go see American Sniper to prove they were "True American's". What a lot of people will also not remember is for some reason the Political Left wing saw this as a challenge to push a film of their own choosing in a similar way and they chose "Selma" which they pushed people to go and see to "prove you're not racist" which all ended up coming down to a push on one weekend where the two films were basically pitted against one another and American Sniper won in box office returns...........

Femmaster was popular because of a good script and good actress not because it was The Master. You could have had her be called The Rani played it the exact same and it would have done just as well if not more so because people who were fans of Old Who would be celebrating the return of a classic era character.

FemDoctor is only being done because a loud bunch of people online kept pushing for it and trying to shame the studio into doing it as some show of how they truly were progressive by idiots who couldn't be shut up by pointing out the long history of strong female characters in Doctor Who because they don't know the show and don't care. They only care about having another stupid symbolic thing happen to make them think they're saving the world.

People might have disliked Janeway and Sisko but I don't think there was the same "Oh you're a racist / sexist if you don't love them" mentality being pushed. Both were different characters in series that were different and in Star Trek there's always been the fight of who was better Picard or Kirk before Janeway and Sisko entered into things. Thing is with Discovery they literally killed of a character in one episode and had the captain basically be fine with it because he was seen to have "Mansplained" at one point earlier on. That would be like Star Trek killing off Reginald Barclay because he's a bit awkward and portraying him being killed off as something that was fine not to be mourned because "Well he was a bit weird so it's fine he was clearly the wrong kind of people".

And it would be really cool if you stop with the ‘I’m the real Doctor Who fan and they only like this...’ nonsense. You maybe a fan. You certainly don’t speak for the entire fandom. It’s this self righteous attitude that made you think you have so many people on your side. You don’t Pretending what you like is popular is false. It USED to be popular. It isn’t anymore.

Gillette will be fine. Stop worrying about. Also, stop with your wrongthink everyone.
I've not said I speak for All Doctor Who and seemingly based on the numbers I may not speak for the whole fanbase but I'm echoing similar sentiments

Capaldi's Doctor

Series 8
Episode 1 9.17 Million
Last Episode 7.6 Million

Series 9:
Episode 1 6.54 Million
Final episode 6.17 Million

Series 10
Episode1 7.24 Million (28 day)
Final Episode 5.6 Million (28 day)

Jode Foster's Doctor

Series 11
Episode 1 11.456 Million (28 day)
Final Episode 7.142 Million (28 day)

Series 12
Episode 1 7.361 Million (28 day)
Final Episode 5.173 Million (28 day)

Capaldi's Doctor was seen as having lower ratings to begin with and in just two Series Jodie Foster's Doctor is getting lower ratings the start of series 11 got massive ratings but they're not staying and the Capaldi ratings are on day viewership for all but series 10 while Fosters are 28 day viewership numbers the single day viewer numbers are actually less

Series 10
Episode1 6.68 Million
Final Episode 5.3 Million

Jode Foster's Doctor

Series 11
Episode 1 10.96 Million
Final Episode 6.649 Million

Series 12
Episode 1 6.886 Million
Final Episode 4.694 Million

The new Doctor Who pulled in the 2nd worst ratings ever in New Who for it's season finale with Jodie Foster as The Doctor.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yes, it is. When confronted with enemies you can do one of two things, run away or melee them. I'd consider that very major. I only played the demo of Mirror's Edge, but I remember it teaching me how to melee enemies.

How are you defining "major"? I'm defining it as "without this, the game would be fundamentally different". Can you go without it? If so, it's minor. If not, it's major.
Like, I can go through a whole CoD campaign without stabbing a single enemy unless it's a forced stealth section or something. I'd call melee a minor part of CoD.

So it's not that Drake is good at fighting. Everyone he's ever fought has just absolutely sucked at fighting so that zero of them are better than "a good bar room brawler", despite being trained soldiers.

Nadine, a woman (entirely by coincidence), is the only person who ever graduated to Martial Arts 102. In fact, she's so skilled that she can take on two men, bigger than her, and not even get hit once. Because she's just that good and everyone else is just that bad.

This isn't contradictory, just very silly. So silly, you have to wonder whether or not Nadine was just feminist wish-fulfillment to push the idea that there are no meaningful differences between men and women.
You can shoot the enemies in Mirror's Edge and you can disarm them (I'd hardly call that melee combat). Uncharted wouldn't be fundamentally different without melee, it's a SHOOTER. Half the reason I even used melee was hoping that Drake would say "Kitty got wet!".

What don't you get about hired goons? They make peanuts and their heart isn't in it. And the hero doesn't have to be better skilled to win fights. John McClane is less skilled than most of the enemies he goes up against as most of his enemies aren't low level hired goons. Everyman heroes win a lot due to intangible qualities like grit and just wanting it more. Whereas Batman wins because he is better skilled (whether physically or mentally). I guess Mako Mori from Pacific Rim is just feminist wish-fulfillment too...

Oh and please don't watch this, you'll be overcome with whatever extreme feminist wish-fulfillment causes one to get

Thank god, Neil Druckmann only had a woman take on 2 guys or you would've entered a state of extreme disillusionment.

Yes I'll mention here that we've just seen in this tread that Houseman played Life is Strange differently and took different options to others and didn't see the first one as woke.

You know what happens in LIS 2?

At one point you get given a choice to steal supplies from a store or not.
No matter if you steal or don't the old guy who runs the store ends up grabbing you and later he says something about "Thieving Mexicans, that's why we need to build that wall". You have 0 way of not seeing that scene because apparently the creators wanted to take shots at [current year] politics and make the store owner into a Strawman for them. If you stole then he's literally right you were stealing anyway. If you didn't then he's wrong but either way he's portrayed as the villain. That's not getting into the sex scenes later on where the romance options are a guy who a half shaved head punk / redneck girl. Also the fact you know the characters are meant to be underage but apparently those scenes were fine but anime games on Sony systems can't show too much skin for some reason.

Yes and most of the ones who do who are into shooters will already be playing shooters anyway. So the appeal to try and pull people in isn't working there is it?

The appeal is meant to be to some supposed new audience chomping at the bit but it's not being shown to exist. The women into shooters, especially Spunk Gargle Wee Wee shooters are already playing them

Also Overwatch had sexy butts. Around launch believe it or not Overwatch was kind of hated by the Woke crowd. A crowd that still gets mad at the game quite often:
Police outfits for charactrs
School girl D.Va
Lack of Strong Black woman stereotype character (and they ignore Paladins which has a Strong Black Woman character)
Torb being straight
Zarya not being the one revealed as a Lesbian but Tracer who was "Conventionally attractive"
The fact there's an implied romance with Mercy and Genji and Mercy and Pharah aren't in a Lesbian relationship

It's an effect that can be seen though that if an entry put people off they won't buy the next one. Lost Legacy might have suffered because of Uncharted 4's decisions.

Idiot team mates in team based games.
Having to wait for an idiot medic to heal you when the person picked Medic just for the heavy machine gun is a pain. That's even if you get a medic on your side not 15 Snipers.

Diversity and Wokeness are different things as I've said before.

E.G.
Stargirl is diverse as a show.
Batwoman is woke.

The difference?
No-one mentions that "yeh at last I'm a woman in this role" in Stargirl they just are. It's seen as nothing. Hell in Stargirl the villains are as diverse a cast as the heroes.

I'm criticising technique because as some-one who did Judo for a little while and BTW was only ever an absolute novice I can look at her technique and point out it's wrong, that's how bad it is a guy whose barely done 6 months of Judo can look at it and point out it's bad technique. If you want to portray her as skilled that's an amateur mistake to make and makes her look less skilled than the argument of "Oh she's just so skilled" really would need to work.

And there are so many other ways Joel could have been killed that would have worked better.
Also Abby is actually a bit of a problem due to believe it or not unrealistic body image standards of all things in that her look is unrealistic / unmaintainable. Like acual women doing that in the real world have highly specialised diet regimes etc and can only normally get that look for competitions and hold if for about 2 weeks in every 6 or so.
And potential buyers of LIS2 would know about that scene before buying the game how?

If there's no pulling in male or female gamers then why is there marketing at all?

DLCs are just bought less than the main games. You think Iceborne sold as much as Monster Hunter World? You think the Frozen Wilds sold as much as Horizon Zero Dawn?

Really? Another women can't get that buff in a zombie apocalypse argument?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You can shoot the enemies in Mirror's Edge and you can disarm them (I'd hardly call that melee combat). Uncharted wouldn't be fundamentally different without melee, it's a SHOOTER. Half the reason I even used melee was hoping that Drake would say "Kitty got wet!".
So you have no evidence that melee isn't a major part of the game, nor can you offer a definition of what "major" means to you.

What don't you get about hired goons? They make peanuts and their heart isn't in it.
Reminds me of this.

They're willing to watch hundreds of their comrades die by the hands of this one guy, and still keep fighting him. They're willing to fight in collapsing structures and burning buildings, to the death, with this bar-room brawler THAT NOBODY CAN BEAT. And they're willing to keep losing. Kind of like how that guy in Iron Man 3 didn't immediately surrender because "honestly, I hate working here, they are so weird"

Oh wait, that's exactly what he did because he made peanuts and his heart wasn't in it.
Which is the exact opposite of how the guys in Uncharted act.

You have no arguments left. The only thing you can do is bring up irrelevant examples from irrelevant properties.

And potential buyers of LIS2 would know about that scene before buying the game how?
Some people wait for reviews, and wait to see what the community says, before buying games.

Also, bonus Critical Miss

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I've not said I speak for All Doctor Who and seemingly based on the numbers I may not speak for the whole fanbase but I'm echoing similar sentiments

Capaldi's Doctor

Series 8
Episode 1 9.17 Million
Last Episode 7.6 Million

Series 9:
Episode 1 6.54 Million
Final episode 6.17 Million

Series 10
Episode1 7.24 Million (28 day)
Final Episode 5.6 Million (28 day)

Jode Foster's Doctor

Series 11
Episode 1 11.456 Million (28 day)
Final Episode 7.142 Million (28 day)

Series 12
Episode 1 7.361 Million (28 day)
Final Episode 5.173 Million (28 day)

Capaldi's Doctor was seen as having lower ratings to begin with and in just two Series Jodie Foster's Doctor is getting lower ratings the start of series 11 got massive ratings but they're not staying and the Capaldi ratings are on day viewership for all but series 10 while Fosters are 28 day viewership numbers the single day viewer numbers are actually less

Series 10
Episode1 6.68 Million
Final Episode 5.3 Million

Jode Foster's Doctor

Series 11
Episode 1 10.96 Million
Final Episode 6.649 Million

Series 12
Episode 1 6.886 Million
Final Episode 4.694 Million

The new Doctor Who pulled in the 2nd worst ratings ever in New Who for it's season finale with Jodie Foster as The Doctor.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

What don't you get about hired goons? They make peanuts and their heart isn't in it. And the hero doesn't have to be better skilled to win fights. John McClane is less skilled than most of the enemies he goes up against as most of his enemies aren't low level hired goons. Everyman heroes win a lot due to intangible qualities like grit and just wanting it more. Whereas Batman wins because he is better skilled (whether physically or mentally). I guess Mako Mori from Pacific Rim is just feminist wish-fulfillment too...

Oh and please don't watch this, you'll be overcome with whatever extreme feminist wish-fulfillment causes one to get
Um she uses guns and other weapons in said clip mostly vs unarmed grunts.

1:22 she gets hit and resorts to using a knife
2:18 she gets slice by a knife in a knife fight
3:36 she gets kicked by a man while fighting using knives
4:00 grabbed and smashed into a mirror
4:25 hit with a chair
4:32 stabbed in the side
4:43 grabbed by throat
4:50 thrown through a table

People do get weapons tend to be great equalisers right? Especially firearms

In Mako Mori's case it's weapon skill she uses mostly there and again it ends with her ahead by 1 point not winning perfect vs 0 score.

Thank god, Neil Druckmann only had a woman take on 2 guys or you would've entered a state of extreme disillusionment.

Being informed consumers

If there's no pulling in male or female gamers then why is there marketing at all?
Because you're pulling in gamers as a whole not really one specific group or other based on genitals lol

DLCs are just bought less than the main games. You think Iceborne sold as much as Monster Hunter World? You think the Frozen Wilds sold as much as Horizon Zero Dawn?

Really? Another women can't get that buff in a zombie apocalypse argument?
DLC sells less but again it was stand alone and did really quite badly from what I hear.

As for Abby

and

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
And, just to be clear, just because someone is against 'woke' doesn't mean they are pro-your side. Everyone is sick your identity politics too. Be as misogynistic as you want. There aren't that many people who agree with that part.

Reactions: Gyrobot

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
If Sam hadn't grabbed the Gun she would have won as such.
No, then the fight would've continued until Rafe and Nadine's men showed up, which was pretty much her plan anyway.

Because they stick out more and are more core parts of the plot rather than Tarantino having his actresses show their bare feet in 1-2 shots in his films.
So what? You're acting like he's got a clown fetish and Nadine and Abby are walking around with rainbow wigs. He's got a thing for buff chicks and Nadine and Abby are buff chicks in a setting where pretty much everyone fights and kills. I don't exactly see anything not fitting there.

except I did show Luke was trained
Yes, one scene showing him wave his lightsaber around. And with Rey we see one scene of her beating on some dudes with a staff.

Doesn't mean he couldn't have been trained one way or another.
Yes, like a regular stormtrooper.

Because she has far less trouble fighting Kylo than Finn did.
That's because Rey is a stronger fighter than Finn who is just a stormtrooper. And both of whom, along with Kylo, pale in comparison to Obi Wan, Qui Gon, and Anakin in the prequels.

Undertale has had it's creator basically say they don't want it used for either side and don't consider it a work aimed at either side with political talk banned on the Undertale subreddit.
Which invalidates the presence of a lot of LGBTQ representation within the game how exactly?

Also for all those who liked LIS it didn't translated into sale of LIS 2 apparently.
Apparently. Your point? That sometimes sequels don't sell as well?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I'm assuming your talking about comics, I don't have much to do with Constantine

Yeah, I'm starting to think you dont read much comics if you think they haven't been pulling this 'woke' stuff for decades. Half the characters loved today we made for woke reasons. Sure, be angry about if you want. Similar people in the 70s said the same thing. They've been woke the whole time and they didn't listen
I really don't understand this approach. It isn't much of an argument, only a hollow declaration of victory.
I don't agree.

Sure there are some merits to that article but I can't help but notice that it focuses heavily on Marvel's problems and only sort of includes other publications like DC and Image.

And while there is likely some truth to the fact that the push for alternate art covers probably turned customer's away. It doesn't justify the decline to nearly nothing against the rise of the change in style for these books. In fact the article heavily tries to ignore the fact that Marvel has actively tried to change their whole series baseline in the past 5-10 years, with the deaths of popular characters like Wolverine and then doubling down on the female replacements.

Like Joel in TLOU2, you can't shit on a character that people love. Only to force feed some other bullshit down people's throats. Nobody likes that shit. Nobody wants that shit.

Nobody who loves a character goes, "OH yes! Please disrespect and discard my favorite character! Please I want less of the thing I love."

i just feel like the article is only skimming the truth of the decline, and mostly just tries to misdirect blame. When I was in college I had a whole gaggle of comic book friends who went to the shop every Wednesday to pick up the latest releases. Then their favorite characters started to die off and they didn't have any interest in a new universe or retelling of shit they already knew except with more cases of "being woman is hard".
Misdirection, obfuscation of information, accusations of wrongthink - classic.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
And, just to be clear, just because someone is against 'woke' doesn't mean they are pro-your side. Everyone is sick your identity politics too. Be as misogynistic as you want. There aren't that many people who agree with that part.
again the projection. The entire concept of "toxic masculinity" injected into social ""science" is merely misandry.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
again the projection. The entire concept of "toxic masculinity" injected into social ""science" is merely misandry.
So you don't believe that the assertion of some people that to be masculine you have to be aggressive, for example, has any negative effects on the person and the people around them. And just because you don't understand a science does not make it not a science. Don't be immature.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
So you don't believe that the assertion of some people that to be masculine you have to be aggressive, for example, has any negative effects on the person and the people around them. And just because you don't understand a science does not make it not a science. Don't be immature.
Social sciences are unfortunately not universally uniform in their adherence to the scientific method. Much less experiments are reproduced in social sciences than in other sciences. It isn't a matter of misunderstanding it on my part, but a deep doubt of its general competence. I don't think this is either a sign of immaturity.
I think that this is entirely driven by misandry in the profession and had poisoned scientific progress.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I think that this is entirely driven by misandry in the profession and had poisoned scientific progress.
Well, when you can prove that conclusively let me know. Until then you're just whining about shit you don't understand.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Well, when you can prove that conclusively let me know. Until then you're just whining about shit you don't understand.
It just makes me sad, really. What they are doing to children, to misguided young adults.
You can just ignore it and call me a whiner, say I don't understand your grand plans. You could also open your mind and approach these academic studies with some healthy skepticism.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
You could also open your mind and approach these academic studies with some healthy skepticism.
You could stand to approach your own assumptions with a little more skepticism. A skeptic demands to be proven wrong. You are demanding everyone admit you're right. And please, don't try to shock jock this. It's in really poor taste and drags the discussion down. Which considering how far it's already sunk, that's saying something.

Also: "grand plans?" You need to stop listening to conspiracy theorists.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
You could stand to approach your own assumptions with a little more skepticism. A skeptic demands to be proven wrong. You are demanding everyone admit you're right. And please, don't try to shock jock this. It's in really poor taste and drags the discussion down. Which considering how far it's already sunk, that's saying something.

Also: "grand plans?" You need to stop listening to conspiracy theorists.
In descending order of difficulty of reading:

Status
Not open for further replies.