Gaming pranker and his family fall victim to extreme revenge prank

brunt32

Aug 24, 2008
Sure the guy was an absolute arsehole to the girl and probably a lot more people... However SWAT! I don't truly think you guys understand how scary it is having someone pointing a gun in your face and your family. I tell you now that is not a prank, a prank is something that cannot serious hurt someone!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
While this guy definitely deserved what happened to him, all of this could have been avoided if Frosty just muted him. It really isn't that hard.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Wow. I was only able to get through about half of the second video.

My only problem with the prank was that it caused a waste of police resources and taxpayer money. It would have been far more effective to just go and beat him with a baseball bat.**

I am not advocating actual violence. I'm just saying, the guy was a terrible person.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
InsaneAlbino said:
firedfns13 said:
WanderingFool said:
Does he deserve some kind of payback, yes. Does he deserve a SWAT team busting down his door, I think not...
That's pretty, fucking, awesomet that they came up with a way to get a swat team to bust his door down.
Do you also think it's awesome how much money they spent to respond just for some idiot to get revenge that was way too over the top for something that happened over the internet?
My school spent $65000 on a toilet.
Having the SWAT team dispatched to something harmless is amusing and gives them more training.
Thankfully, the SWAT team didn't shoot anyone.

InsaneAlbino

Nov 24, 2010
AndyFromMonday said:
InsaneAlbino said:
AndyFromMonday said:
DataSnake said:
Since when did free speech cover harassment?

InsaneAlbino said:
But, if she can't manage to leave a game to avoid a troll, I wonder if she can manage to report someone.
Why should she be forced to leave a game due to an asshole? Yes, there are a lot of assholes on the internet but that does not mean their attitudes have to be defended. People shouldn't be forced to play by their rules just because it's a way to get rid of them.
I agree, no one should ever have to leave a game due to the amount of assholes on the internet. I offered up several other solutions to get him to stop other than leaving the game, all of which are tried and true and would have handled the situation much better than what how she was reacting.
But, she definitely did play by his rules and that's how it got escalated to the level it did. She responded exactly how he wanted her to (i.e. disgust, revulsion) which allowed him to keep going and going.
So? Maybe she was a beginner or maybe she didn't know it was trolling. Maybe she didn't know how to mute people or maybe she didn't realize the guy was an asshole. Hell, maybe she was just really dumb. Who the fuck knows? There are a multitude of reasons why she ended up playing by his rules but that still in no way excuses his behavior.
I can't imagine anyone being on the internet in this day and age not knowing what a troll is.
There is, in fact, no reason why she did that. She could have stopped talking back to him. She could have left. She could have just laughed at him. All of which could have ended the situation, being new or stupid or even a combination of those. It's obvious she didn't like what he was saying, so I'm curious as to why she didn't try to avoid the situation or try to make it better.
As for an excuse, some people are just assholes.

InsaneAlbino

Nov 24, 2010
firedfns13 said:
InsaneAlbino said:
firedfns13 said:
WanderingFool said:
Does he deserve some kind of payback, yes. Does he deserve a SWAT team busting down his door, I think not...
That's pretty, fucking, awesomet that they came up with a way to get a swat team to bust his door down.
Do you also think it's awesome how much money they spent to respond just for some idiot to get revenge that was way too over the top for something that happened over the internet?
My school spent $65000 on a toilet.
Having the SWAT team dispatched to something harmless is amusing and gives them more training.
Thankfully, the SWAT team didn't shoot anyone.
Your school must be full of dumbasses, as evident by your faculty and yourself.
A SWAT team shouldn't be sent to a harmless situation. And I'm kinda curious what kind of training you think they got from responding to a harmless situation because I'm pretty sure they train the SWAT team to bust down doors and apprehend people before they get sent into the field.

UndeadMitch

Dec 8, 2010
The dork deserved way worse than he got. Shame they had to waste taxpayer dollars to get revenge, though.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
InsaneAlbino said:
I can't imagine anyone being on the internet in this day and age not knowing what a troll is.
There is, in fact, no reason why she did that. She could have stopped talking back to him. She could have left. She could have just laughed at him. All of which could have ended the situation, being new or stupid or even a combination of those. It's obvious she didn't like what he was saying, so I'm curious as to why she didn't try to avoid the situation or try to make it better.
And that's exactly the problem. You don't KNOW. You don't if she wanted or just didn't know how to get rid of the troll. You're just making assumptions, just like I am. The difference is I'm not defending the asshole.

And what if some people are assholes? Does that excuse their behavior?

Patrick Dare

Jul 7, 2010
Guy is obviously a douche and I didn't find his video funny at all. That girl does need to learn not to feed people like this though. If she had just ignored him he probably would have shut up after a little while.

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
A guy who talks to any women like that whether in person or over the internet is just showing his insecurities even if he claims to do it for comedic purposes. Humour can be crass, crude and sometimes offensive but going at it like he did, so relentlessly, results in something that is more sickening then anything else. Plus it just wasn't that funny or witty, just downright inane. Whether he deserved a SWAT team giving him the fright of his life I am not to judge but he certainly needs something to kick him in his sorry ass, metaphorically so to speak.

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
strangeotron said:
I don't believe you, no.

Calling the cops is irrelevant. She could take this to civil court, as opposed to criminal court, and win. End of.

I'm sorry you can't understand that this is harassment because there are rules in civilised society that punish this sort of behaviour. I like living in a civilised society as a result.

Your post is otherwise a mass of straw men.
Okay, what would she sue him for? Emotional distress? Let's look at the legal definition of that:

1. Defendant acted intentionally or recklessly; and
2. Defendant?s conduct was extreme and outrageous; and
3. Defendant?s act is the cause of the distress; and
4. Plaintiff suffers severe emotional distress as a result of defendant's conduct.

Let's look at the legal definition of outrageous [http://definitions.uslegal.com/e/emotional-distress/]:

The definition of outrageous is subjective, but it should be more than mere insults, indignities, threats, annoyances, or petty oppressions. It has been generally defined as conduct which would cause a reasonable person to exclaim "Outrageous!" An example would be falsely informing a person that a close family member had been killed.

and severe [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_infliction_of_emotional_distress#Plaintiff_must_actually_suffer_emotional_distress]:
The emotional distress suffered by the plaintiffs must be "severe." This standard is quantified by the intensity, duration, and any physical manifestations of the distress. A lack of productivity or depression documented by professional psychiatrists is typically required here, although acquaintances' testimony about a change in behavior could be persuasive.

InsaneAlbino

Nov 24, 2010
AndyFromMonday said:
InsaneAlbino said:
And that's exactly the problem. You don't KNOW. You don't if she wanted or just didn't know how to get rid of the troll. You're just making assumptions, just like I am. The difference is I'm not defending the asshole.

Well, obviously she didn't like what he was saying since she had a SWAT team called in on his house, so yes, I do KNOW she didn't want to be able to hear him. And while I'm defending the asshole, you're defending a dumbass.

Hawkeye16

Nov 15, 2009
While he was DEFINITELY in need of some comeuppance I think they might have gone too far, after all, once a SWAT team is on you your probability of dying in the next five minutes shoots upward.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
InsaneAlbino said:
AndyFromMonday said:
InsaneAlbino said:

Well, obviously she didn't like what he was saying since she had a SWAT team called in on his house, so yes, I do KNOW she didn't want to be able to hear him. And while I'm defending the asshole, you're defending a dumbass.
How do you know it was she who called the swat team? And again, to call her a dumbass is just an assumption. Do you know her personally?