Gaming survey

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
(Mods: I didn't know where to exactly put this, but this seemed like the best place. If it's not, please move it somewhere where it fits better.)

Hey folks, wanna help with a class project?

I need a survey completed for a study in one of my classes. The subject I've chosen is about pricing and purchasing games, and I'd like to have at least 100 replies to determine a strong correlation in opinions. If there's a small forum site you're part of that might like to participate, feel free to pass on the link, but for large forum sites like Reddit, ask me first.

Also, feel free to ask me questions while taking the survey, as there might be a few questions that sound weirdly worded for some people.

Without further ado, here's the survey:

Game Pricing & Purchasing survey [http://www.surveymethods.com/EndUser.aspx?98BCD0C99DDFCBC99A]

The Cliffe

Dec 19, 2009
There you go man, hope it helps. Just a heads up, questions 18 and 19 are identical -- I don't know if you can change the survey now that people have started submitting responses, but I just thought I'd let you know. Good luck with the project.

Okoi

Mar 26, 2013
Actually I believe 18 and 19 are slightly different. 18 concerns a physical store while 19 is an online distributor. Pretty much the same question otherwise.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
There you go.
Easy peacy and hope it helped, good luck with the research.
Any chance you'll post the results on the site in another or by updating this thread?

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
'Please choose the consoles from this list' #4 doesn't really make sense. I assume you meant which I owned/used? I answered in that way, if I am wrong I apologise.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
like God said at the end of Matrix Revolutions: "It is done!"

are you part of a studio, small or big, or in any other form related to the industry? studying something that has to do with it (thus: is the survey of a rather theoretical use?)
come on, give us some background here! i iz curious person ;)

...are you EA's spy?? O_O

also, the "Choose consoles" "question" does not make sense 100%

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Tom_green_day said:
'Please choose the consoles from this list' #4 doesn't really make sense. I assume you meant which I owned/used? I answered in that way, if I am wrong I apologise.
That question threw me too, it's not well worded at all. I assume, given that the next question is also trivia, it's supposed to say 'Select which of the following products are consoles'.

Completed the survey, though, good luck with the research.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Done.
It's quite a well put together survey, but I have one small complaint:
Why the true or false question about Sega? This is a survey, not a test. It is completely out of place in a questionnaire based entirely on our outlooks and opinions.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
King of Asgaard said:
Done.
It's quite a well put together survey, but I have one small complaint:
Why the true or false question about Sega? This is a survey, not a test. It is completely out of place in a questionnaire based entirely on our outlooks and opinions.
The only thing I could think of was it was to see if the people taking the test knew any history about the game industry or it's origins, but I agree it seemed a bit out of place.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
There you go. The sega/arcade question was a little out of place. However, as people have pointed out, question 4 didn't make total sense while 18 and 19 were the same.

Catrixa

May 21, 2011
Did it, but there were some areas that were a little ambiguous. Like, when asked how much I value "visuals," are we talking about the aesthetics, or how many polygons the dev team was able to fit on the screen at one time? There were a few others like that, but I can't remember them off the top of my head and would need another machine to check...

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
s0p0g said:
also, the "Choose consoles" "question" does not make sense 100%
King of Asgaard said:

MorganL4 said:
Jimmy T. Malice said:
What's with the trivia question about pinball machines?
It is a way of assessing your knowledge about the history of the medium.
MorganL4 is right - Knowledge assessment serves as a filter for results. It's mostly to tell if there's a correlated difference between the answers of knowledgeable gamers and gamers who don't know the terms and history of the industry.

MiskWisk said:
The sega/arcade question was a little out of place. However, as people have pointed out, question 4 didn't make total sense while 18 and 19 were the same.
Believe it or not, I know people who will buy games in a store (#18), but will not buy on an online distributor (#19). My guess is that they want to be able to touch something that represents the game before buying it.

Catrixa said:
Did it, but there were some areas that were a little ambiguous. Like, when asked how much I value "visuals," are we talking about the aesthetics, or how many polygons the dev team was able to fit on the screen at one time? There were a few others like that, but I can't remember them off the top of my head and would need another machine to check...
Yeah, it's pretty much "fit in as many polygons" for visuals. Theme would be with story and setting here.

Itdoesthatsometimes

Aug 6, 2012
I finished your survey also, hope it helps.

I had to Google the pinball question. I thought of it more of as age verification. As in are you old enough to remember this as you claim to be or are you young enough to Google it as you say you are. Luckily it is the only question that gave me trouble. But then again if the console question was a trick question, I probably got that one wrong too.

You no what, maybe you should just scrap my results. Lol