Gang activity

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Where I grew up there were gangs in my high school and to this day there's a consistent gang presence at the shopping mall where I used to hang out on a Thursday night as a teenager (and was often mistaken for a member by local security and cops). They don't do much though, just sort of hang out, and occasionally someone will stab someone but it's never a random attack, it's usually "that guy in the other gang tried to pick up my girlfriend" type of stuff. Gangs generally only care about other gangs.

The serious gangs here are biker gangs but once again, they don't really affect you if you're not involved.

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
I live in south wales...

I havn't heard the word gang to describe something outside of saints row or gta since primary school...

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
BonsaiK said:
The serious gangs here are biker gangs but once again, they don't really affect you if you're not involved.
Mostly true but noms (nominees for club membership for them what don't know) can be a fucking pain... too full of their own imagined importance and looking to prove themselves to members.

Also there are sometimes vastly differing interpretations of 'involved'.

JustShyofGenius

Aug 4, 2009
I live in a small city just outside of Seattle. The bar I frequent also happens to be the hang-out for the local SE Asian Blood, although probably not any more. They went for like, two years without any incidents. Then a few months ago there was a gang-related fight in the bar. Then about a week ago, one of them got upset about something and smashed a door.

They mostly kept to themselves and I drank and played pool with some of them a few times. I never felt threatened by their presence, or anything.

Although I was mildly worried when I found out the two girls I'd just um...gone home with, were fiance and a cousin of theirs'. That could've been bad news.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
gangs are active here a lot. but they are very unorganized. and their main income is stealing cellphones of people around. its nothing close to mafia or even the gheto gangs. I did got stabbed in the foot once from them "just for fun". but thats it.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I live in the outskirts of Stockholm, Sweden.
No gangs here, just annoying brats who occasionally likes to break things. Overall they're just loud-mouthed. Never bothered me though.

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
I live in Essex in England, where I live its not really official gangs but more like groups of people who always hang around with each other. There's a fair bit of violence but not enough for any of it to go noticed or end up on the news.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I live in Bradford, UK. You don't hear of gangs or anything but a walk around town will show you that theres an unhealthy drugs trade just below the surface.

Bradford is by no means the richest city in the UK, so when you see people who look younger than 30 driving Lambos and Astons on a daily basis its pretty obvious something illicit is going on.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
In Australia we only have biker gangs. We hear about the odd biker fight or shooting. I think the media wants to play them down as much as possible. We just don't want to get other people wanting to join them or start new gangs (yes some people are that stupid).

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
I live in Utah, and you really don't hear about crime here because of the high presence of devoutly religious people. That being said, sometimes we can occasionally (once a decade, usually get some really bad shit, like the Hi-Fi murders [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi_murders], taking place in the town I live in, of all places.

Apr 24, 2008
There are plenty of teenagers pathetically trying to live out their power-fantasies...

I'm sure there is organised crime. But it seems to be the case that you're very unlikely to be harmed by it unless you're directly involved in it.

Valkaris

Jun 8, 2010
Bellingham Washington, pacific northwest of the united states and there is no gang activity to speak of. Just a lot of hipsters. might be worse.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Gangs of idiot teens causing damage, and more than an average number of druggies here, but nothing violent. The teens are just annoying, and the drugs arn't the really dangerous ones.
England Shropshire, by the way.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
In Australia, we get the odd wannabe losers playing at being big tough gang members, and the media likes to play them up, but nothing terribly impressive.

There's bikie gangs, but they seem more like overly macho clubs most of the time. There's a bit of gun crime and drugs involved, but it appears there isn't that much. Occasionally two of them will bump into each other and there will be a fight, but this isn't the usual state of affairs and it makes the news for weeks.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Where I am not really. Maybe some minor youth gangs in the shittier areas around the prisons. But not really anything serious.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
In Herefordshire where I live...
We have the SAS base >.>

There aren't any "Gangs" but there are a few families. Family Businesses if you catch my drift.
However there has never open warfare and rarely any hostilities between the families on anything other than "He called my Mrs a Slag" type incidents but its pretty hard to avoid that shit (unless you went to the college...... you know had an education).

It's mostly stealing from the Council, which then the council get back on their insurance. Occasionally they hide the odd body but only if the fella had it coming (like a rapist vanishing one night).

I'm technically related to one of the families and my Dad is owed a "favor" and has yet to use it... frankly he doesn't need their services but kinda odd knowing.

There are a few small groups involved in drugs supply who think they are owners of their "hood" but when one insulted a family they (about 20) walked into the guys street, said nothing, did nothing... he cried... they went away...

---------------------------------

If you don't think there is crime in your area... there is bloody likely to be. You just aren't privy to its existance.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Hmmm well in this part of Arizona we have a couple real Gangstas from other places and we have a bunch of idiotic rich teenagers who think that never fighting when someone starts shit 1v1 they have to make it 100v1 (not exaggerating at all).
Not even with menacing people, they act that way to totally non threatening kids and one of the requirements to the "gaaaaaang" is smoking cigarettes and getting the shit beat out of you.
These kids are a disgrace, I understand the poor ones who had to join or family were in it, etc

But these whiny bitches have no excuse when they live in the nicest neighborhoods I've seen in my life, have life handed to them on a platter, yet still are complete bitches who will do nothing by themselves only with 100 friends and older brothers backing them up.

The real gangstas aren't so bad (personally) I get along with them but they also hate these fakes.

Although when you head to a place like South Phoenix you start to see the hood of AZ.
Gang activity is huge there.