garrys mod problems

taylorton147

Feb 17, 2011
can anyone help me with this texture problem i have been having with garrys mod. i have tried steam forums but didnt get much help (probably wasnt clear enough). basically NPCs only have faces, my weapons that i have armed "stretch" to a point on the map and some objects have this "rainbow" texture

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Sounds like a certain problem that showed up in the news recently...
I think that you can contact Garry on his twitter feed, or something like that. It is a very specific problem, but he has managed to fix the problem every time someone stepped forward.
I just think it may be that. It might not be, but only way to know is to find the guy that made it. I think.
Hope that helps.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
Delete your addons folder and re-install? A lot of things were fucked for me, doing that seemed to fix them. Other than that, I'd say re-install everything. Garry's Mod is a ****, there's so many different problems with it that it's pointless trying to find a fix.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011

Really, if this is a joke, you are a bit to late. Or I could be missing the joke because sarcasm does not trainsit across the internet.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
taylorton147 said:
what are you on about?
Oh, he's probably just a bit confused as to how late you are to the party on this one.
By now, most people who had this problem had it fixed with Garry's help, so it seems a bit odd for someone to show up late.
I should really check my copy of Garry's Mod, the latest update may have given me the same problem...
Which means I'd have to sign up for Twitter to get Garry's help on this >.>
For a game, I guess I'd go that far, since nothing else gets me onto Twitter >.>

taylorton147

Feb 17, 2011
Greyfox105 said:
taylorton147 said:
what are you on about?
Oh, he's probably just a bit confused as to how late you are to the party on this one.
By now, most people who had this problem had it fixed with Garry's help, so it seems a bit odd for someone to show up late.
I should really check my copy of Garry's Mod, the latest update may have given me the same problem...
Which means I'd have to sign up for Twitter to get Garry's help on this >.>
For a game, I guess I'd go that far, since nothing else gets me onto Twitter >.>
ahh yes right okay, yeah i havent played then got a sudden urge to geek out and build a space ship

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
taylorton147 said:
-Snip-
ahh yes right okay, yeah i havent played then got a sudden urge to geek out and build a space ship
Ah, I know that urge. I wanted to make my own little level based on a short story I read. I had everything planned out, it would have been so cool...
Except I kinda suck when it comes to putting the idea into physical form >.>
So I just make due with downloaded space ships and the like >.>

taylorton147

Feb 17, 2011
Greyfox105 said:
taylorton147 said:
-Snip-
Ah, I know that urge. I wanted to make my own little level based on a short story I read. I had everything planned out, it would have been so cool...
Except I kinda suck when it comes to putting the idea into physical form >.>
So I just make due with downloaded space ships and the like >.>
hold is it garrynewman or garrysmod on twitter?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
taylorton147 said:
-Snip-
hold is it garrynewman or garrysmod on twitter?
Seems to be @garrysmod, or at least the one I found by googling "Garry's Mod Twitter" is.
Can't find anything on the site for Garry's Mod.