Gatchaman Vs Street Fighter!

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Is that Viewtiful Joe in the top left corner there? Thats pretty much the only non-street fighter character i recognize. Sounds like a cool idea, but only for fans or people who have already heard of that other series, ill pass.
Actually, I've never heard of the Tatsunoko characters either (except for Jun and Ken from Gatchaman, a.k.a. Battle of the Planets), and I still thoroughly enjoy the game. Then again, I'm kind of a nut for mos fighters, so my view may be a bit skewed...

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
Pi_Fighter said:
To be honest, that just looks like Street Fighter IV with new skins.
...except that is actually on the wii? you know, the console that doesnt get street fighter, so you understand why we are excited.

Dectilon said:
I wish this would come out for some more consoles because it looks super-fun. Also, I rather like the idea of a fighter where the constraint lies in tactics rather than mastering inputs.
i wish we could live in a magical world where there was either only one console, or all 3rd party games released on all platforms

sadly, we live in a terrible world were the console you have, doesnt get the games you want.

so no, TvC should NOT come to any other platform, because wii doesnt get street fighter, or anything else for that matter.
also, I WANT SPEED RACER IN THIS GAME DAMNIT

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
It should come out for PS3 and 360, otherwise they're not going to sell many copies. Hardcore fighter fans and Wii owners don't overlap much.

It is sad that the only Tatsunoko characters I would recognize Speed Racer and the Samurai Pizza Cats (キャッ党忍伝) aren't in this game. I think the majority of Americans would fall into the same category as me in this regard.

If it ever does come out for 360, I'll get it. Otherwise, meh. And as to some of the anger above, the Wii doesn't get Street Fighter IV because it's not powerful enough to run it.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
nilcypher said:
and Samurai Pizza Cats - who sadly do not appear in the game
Why do you both raise and crush my hopes and dreams with one simple line of text.

Seriously it surprises me that so many people remember the show, that was my childhood, even though it wasn't around for long. Lord how I wish they'd release it in DVD format so I could buy it a million times over thus resulting in them deciding there's enough interest to make new episodes...

I'm terribly sentimental.

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
Flunk said:
It should come out for PS3 and 360, otherwise they're not going to sell many copies. Hardcore fighter fans and Wii owners don't overlap much.

It is sad that the only Tatsunoko characters I would recognize Speed Racer and the Samurai Pizza Cats (HURRRR) aren't in this game. I think the majority of Americans would fall into the same category as me in this regard.

If it ever does come out for 360, I'll get it. Otherwise, meh. And as to some of the anger above, the Wii doesn't get Street Fighter IV because it's not powerful enough to run it.
didnt the director say that SF4 could run on an atari 2600?
if its graphics youre talking about, then porting to 360 and ps3 would be worse, because you would have to enhance the graphics, to satisfy the thick headed graphics retards that populate the two systems.

i like that first bit though, about not selling on the wii...yea, thats why they are localizing it, because it didnt sell for shit in japan.

also, what the hell is samurai pizza cats? everybody keeps saying they grew up with it, but it sounds like something recent, like they would put on cartoon network. did it air with speed racer? (as it seems thats the only two tatsunoko series you guys know)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

(insert much more freaking out here)

Battle of the Planettttssssssssssssss

(more freaking out)

Ok. I'm calm now. No, no, I'm not.

GLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ROBO_LEADER

Nov 5, 2007
Capcom must have hired the best lawyers in the galaxy or something. We get to see MvC2 AND Tatsunoko vs. Capcom this year? I may die of joy.

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
Haaha!! I see a Vital Suit in there!

Anywho, video game characters veruses cartoon characters? Wonderful!!

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
ROBO_LEADER said:
Capcom must have hired the best lawyers in the galaxy or something. We get to see MvC2 AND Tatsunoko vs. Capcom this year? I may die of joy.
oh yea, i didnt even think about that, good lawyers indeed

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
hcig said:
also, what the hell is samurai pizza cats? everybody keeps saying they grew up with it, but it sounds like something recent, like they would put on cartoon network. did it air with speed racer? (as it seems thats the only two tatsunoko series you guys know)
No... It's an late 80's/ early 90's series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXiJYcK4-GU

The english theme is messing with the turtles, but that's an entirely western addition.
It's definitely not the kind of thing that would have gotten an accurate translation, especially back then.

I still remember it, but it was so long ago, that I didn't even realise there was such a thing as Anime.
It just seemed to be a cartoon like any other back then.

(just for the hell of it, the japanese version of the opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFv2z4qR9eY)