Gauntlet Gets a Major Facelift For Steam

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Shame that I won't be able to play as this guy.

He more or less made the game for me. I might have to give this one a try though.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Ah......Gauntlet ate so many of my quarters when I was but a wee tot. I'm not lost in a sea of nostalgia.....which is probably what they were going for marketing-wise. I reckon it has worked.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
I'm sorry Andy, I have to disagree, the first thing I thought when I saw that trailer was not "This Is Gauntlet" but rather "What the hell is this supposed to be."

It looks fucking atrocious.

I don't know how that's supposed to be a Gauntlet game -- it just looks like a straight up Diablo clone, a desperate cash grab off of a (semi)beloved franchise. It comes off as more of a iOS touch game than an arcadey hack-n-slash, it definitely does not distill memories or nostalgia of the Arcade Games or the standard of quality of the series "Legends" and "Dark Legacy".

ritchards said:
Ah, I played this in the arcade! And later on... some machine, can't remember which. I am cautiously optomistic before we find out its a dark gritty reboot first person FPS starring a white dude bro...
How does one make a dark and gritty reboot of Gauntlet? It's about as depressing and gloomy as a series can get... :p

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
Ninmecu said:
Ickabod said:
As long as it has the following...

"Warrior is about to die"
"Warrior needs food badly"

I'm in.
Yellow Wizard Needs FOOD BADDLY

Red warrior comes along "MMM, Food is Good."

I turned around and punched my brother, my mom in turn turns around and says "Little brother is about to die." Good times.

On topic, I found it hillarious that they go "Oh look, they all fight awesomely with different skills. Look at how badass this warrior is, look at how awesome this Valkyrie is, look at...the elf, shoot arrows and...roll? Look at how badass-ish the Wizard is!

...I want to meet the man or woman who is like 'HOLY CRAP, I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THE "ELF" CLASS.
B. F. G. BWOOOOSH! And then everything died.

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
Sean951 said:
Ninmecu said:
Ickabod said:
As long as it has the following...

"Warrior is about to die"
"Warrior needs food badly"

I'm in.
Yellow Wizard Needs FOOD BADDLY

Red warrior comes along "MMM, Food is Good."

I turned around and punched my brother, my mom in turn turns around and says "Little brother is about to die." Good times.

On topic, I found it hillarious that they go "Oh look, they all fight awesomely with different skills. Look at how badass this warrior is, look at how awesome this Valkyrie is, look at...the elf, shoot arrows and...roll? Look at how badass-ish the Wizard is!

...I want to meet the man or woman who is like 'HOLY CRAP, I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THE "ELF" CLASS.
B. F. G. BWOOOOSH! And then everything died.
When playing with just my brothers, I'd randomly use "Rock Shower" and go "OH NO, RUN, SKORM IS TRYING TO KILL US." and my brothers, laughably, believed me and high tailed it away from the treasure/xp. Lol.

I've done other sinister things to them, like telling them that one snot nosed brat in Windwaker would be a 1-hit-KO if he ever caught up to you and bumped into you. They treated Outset island with more calm concentrated respect than they did the final boss rooms. It was hilarious.

Sep 14, 2009

NEED FOOD BADDLY

I almost hope they keep original sound clips in there for easter egg lulz XD

but really, it has local multiplayer support, IN THIS DAY AND AGE?!?! color me interested.