GDC 2009: Delta Airlines Fallout

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
GDC 2009: Delta Airlines Fallout

My farewell to GDC involves an airplane, music, and crushing disappointment.

As much as I love covering shows like GDC, I really hate traveling. I'm scared to death of flying, and the cross-country trek to and from North Carolina is always frustrating and exhausting. My return journey looked as thought it might be a vast improvement over the usual plane ride home, however. For one thing, I was seated in the exit row and had about a square acre of leg room at my disposal. Then I opened the in-flight magazine and discovered the wondrous joy that you see pictured: channel six of the on-board entertainment featured the music of Fallout 3.

I was overjoyed. Putting aside the fact that for a major airline to be featuring a game soundtrack was superbly bitchin', I couldn't think of more relaxing and soothing tunes with which to wing through the air. As I dug out my headphones and plugged into my armrest, I wondered which song I would get first. I was hoping for "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire." What I got instead was this. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkrE2cjmqD4]

You are cruel, Delta Airlines. So very, very cruel.

unangbangkay

Oct 10, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
You are cruel, Delta Airlines. So very, very cruel.
Those bastards. I'm just glad my flights are restricted to United-only. Then again, if I were in your place I'd have been hoping for "Happy Times".

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Is there some connection between the Fallout 3 music and what actually played that I'm missing or is this just a case of really bad luck?

sprout

Feb 14, 2006
SUPER FREAK! SHE'S A SUPER FREAK!

*chair dances*

I think i know what song is gonna be in my head for the rest of the day.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Malygris said:
Is there some connection between the Fallout 3 music and what actually played that I'm missing or is this just a case of really bad luck?
That'd be the latter, Mal.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Keane Ng said:
It's Threeeeeeeeee Doooooog!
See, what would have been funnier is if Channel 6 was just the Morse code beeping from the army radar sites.

Also, note to Escapists: screaming your best Three Dog impression in the midst of a busy bigbox store does not usually go over well, and only partially because hardly any of the soccer moms know what you're talking about.

And this is doubly true if you work there.

Leroy Frederick

Jan 27, 2009
Could of been worst, they could have given you the spice girls or a teletubbies soundtrack (forgive me in advance if I'm showing my Britishness here)

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Malygris said:
That'd be the latter, Mal.
Can we all agree this occasion was... super-freaky?

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
Can't you just imagine raoming the wastelands, the empty husk of humanity all around you when off in the distance...

She's a very freaky girl, the kind you don't take home to mother

keyper159

Dec 13, 2008
TheBluesader said:
Keane Ng said:
It's Threeeeeeeeee Doooooog!
See, what would have been funnier is if Channel 6 was just the Morse code beeping from the army radar sites.

Also, note to Escapists: screaming your best Three Dog impression in the midst of a busy bigbox store does not usually go over well, and only partially because hardly any of the soccer moms know what you're talking about.

And this is doubly true if you work there.
I screamed Threeeeee Doooooog at a Best Buy when I heard someone in another aisle say "I think we should get Fallout 3" Then the guy came over and asked what it meant.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
keyper159 said:
I screamed Threeeeee Doooooog at a Best Buy when I heard someone in another aisle say "I think we should get Fallout 3" Then the guy came over and asked what it meant.
You should have gone to the customer service area and demanded they pay you for driving floor sales.

The 2 week ban would've been worth it just to see their faces.

keyper159

Dec 13, 2008
TheBluesader said:
keyper159 said:
You should have gone to the customer service area and demanded they pay you for driving floor sales.

The 2 week ban would've been worth it just to see their faces.
I should have demanded money, I got kicked out anyway :(

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
You don't remember the Rick James Easter Egg?

You have to first find that Medical Armor that talks to you and replace it with the armor from the fort (Constantine?) from ShootThem in the Head, give the zombie the keys so he gets the medical armor then kill him and take back the medical armor.

After that the armor is posessed with the spirit of Rick James who will sing to you and say goofy things like "Cocaine's a hell of a drug." "What did the five fingers say to the face.... slap!" and "I'm Rick James *****!"