GDC 2011: Homefront Balloon Release Remix

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
When I first saw this, I thought it was a reference to 99 Red Balloons. Which was almost enough to push me over the edge and buy the game. Then I found out it was just a reference to South Korean protest movements.

Also, this video is possibly the single worst remix I have ever seen.

sulld1

Apr 14, 2009
cairocat said:

Seriously, Escapist? Why did you let some eight year old into your uploading database?
I'm going with what he said, and honestly how did this make it onto the front page... THIS ISN'T NEWS... have you seen the amount of oil spilled daily by multinational corporations in western africa? slightly more damage is done than by some balloons and yet no one cares about it... seriously, what the hell escapist?

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
This...didn't make much sense. I do not feel that this was the best way to convey information about the GDC to those not in attendance.

Sticky Slick

Oct 29, 2010
Let them go *picture of a seal* they are all biodegradeable btw *picture of a bird*.... Im so confused.

The balloons were nice though.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
That was... terrible. And no I'm not being sarcastic either.

DragonSama

Jul 20, 2009
This was a great promotion for the game. The only mistake they made was doing it in San Francisco the mecca for retarded environmentalist.

orangecharger

Nov 13, 2009
Poopie McGhee said:
I am stumped. April isn't for a few weeks... How is this anything? I think it's just helping out natural selection. Anything stupid enough to eat a red (being a universal sign of danger) blob deserves to have it's stupid genes taken out of the gene pool...
Are you suggesting that animals can discern the color red, and that they follow the same "universal signs" that humans do -- re: all things red are bad? Last I checked the general feeling around red roses isn't danger -- it has been a while since I bought some, perhaps I am out of touch with what is now universal. I think THQ made a stupid move with no upside. Balloons are so 1980s and lame and on top of that they recognized the potential environmental impact and released them anyways. Then the choice to do that in San Francisco -- well let's just say someone in marketing is probably not working in marketing any longer.