Gearbox Announces New Publishing Label Whose First Title is Bulletstorm Remaster

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
A remaster? Why not a sequel. It sure does deserve one. An incredibly overpriced remaster no less.
Bob_McMillan said:
Never quite saw what was so interesting about Bulletstorm.
Being a colourful, creative shooter in a landscape of drab modern warfare clones. It was a breath of fresh air.
Xsjadoblayde said:
Why do they need a new label? Is the old one tainted?
They didn't have a publishing arm before, they were just developers. Now they're publishers as well.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Cowabungaa said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Being a colourful, creative shooter in a landscape of drab modern warfare clones. It was a breath of fresh air.
But, apparently, not a very good one.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Zhukov said:
SweetShark said:
Just because they want to "stick" Duke in the game, doesn't mean it will be unpleasant....
Didn't say unpleasant. I said it's sad. As in pathetic.

And what is up with the hate or the extra DRM these days....I costantly use Uplay, Origin, etc to play others games.
But I digress. I don't know anything about GFWL, so maybe I am wrong.
I think you misunderstand. I'm not raging against the presence of DRM or refusing to buy something because of it.

I'm saying my game no longer functions because of the DRM. I cannot play Bulletstorm because it requires an authentication that no longer exists.

The systems that are supposed to stop people from pirating the game so that they buy the game have caused me, a person who bought the game, to be unable to play the fucking game.

That is a stupid state of affairs.
Whereas the pirated versions are perfectly functioning. This is so unbelievably back-asswards.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Bindal said:
Cowabungaa said:
Bob_McMillan said:
But, apparently, not a very good one.
Eh, I beg to differ. It wasn't a masterpiece but it worked very well. Smooth, impactful gunplay, vibrant and playful level design, cool weapons, even some nice setpieces. All the grumbling about it makes me wonder what people expected or wanted, some kinda magnum opus of shooters?

moose7

Mar 5, 2014
Bullet storm 1 was one of my favorite FPS. Was hoping they would make more like that not the exact same thing with a new paint job. Maybe they will give it to the original owners like Darksiders did recently since the old game no longer works.