Gearbox Forces Claptrap to Help Man Propose

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
What, like anal?!

This video was so sweet and adorable and hilarious xD
I need to get Boarderlands again >.>

Anyway, very sweet :3 It gives me a new idea on how to propose when that time comes

Skarlette

May 17, 2010
That is absolutely adorable! ^_^ Gotta give him major props for having the creativity (and the balls) to ask Gearbox, and it's awesome that they went out of their way to do something so nice for their fans. I'm majorly jealous.

The video of him showing the video to her and their friends was ace. Best wishes to them!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Generic Gamer said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Generic Gamer said:
If only the in-game Claptraps were this useful.
They DO expand your inventory...
Do they? I tried playing it recently, got about an hour in and decided to return to Bethesda open-world RPGs. I'll have to remember that next time I try.
Borderlands isn't even trying to be a Bethesda RPG. It's Diablo...with guns. Which took awhile, really.

No fancy story telling or choice making. Just looting and shooting.

Jul 9, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Generic Gamer said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Generic Gamer said:
Do they? I tried playing it recently, got about an hour in and decided to return to Bethesda open-world RPGs. I'll have to remember that next time I try.
Borderlands isn't even trying to be a Bethesda RPG. It's Diablo...with guns. Which took awhile, really.

And it's almost embarrassing how addicting that system is.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
QuadrAlien said:
Update's out - despite Claptrap's best efforts, the answer was a Yes. :p

http://kotaku.com/#!5795148/when-your-favorite-game-is-proposing-marriage-the-answer-is-yes
Wow, i was never expecting her to be that...cute.

Congrats on the new couple I wish Claptrap was that funny in the game. It seems like the Duke Nukem writers took over Claptrap and made him awesome.

That was goddamn hilarious and i wish them the best :)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Generic Gamer said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Generic Gamer said:

And it's almost embarrassing how addicting that system is.
Well, if its embarrassing to like finding shotgun-revolvers with ammo regeneration that set people on fire...than call me embarrassed. My berserker stopped using regular shotguns after that Orange drop.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
This is actually pretty cool, Gearbox was never one of my favorite developers (due to their general game style) but I think that just changed.

Now all we need is for a girl to hire them to get Duke Nukem to help her boyfriend "man up" and propose to her. >:)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Oh god, "Skaggy Style".

Rule 34 is a terrible beast....

I certainly hope it works out for them! Best of luck to the happy couple!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Therumancer said:
This is actually pretty cool, Gearbox was never one of my favorite developers (due to their general game style) but I think that just changed.

Now all we need is for a girl to hire them to get Duke Nukem to help her boyfriend "man up" and propose to her. >:)
Gearbox has only really recently done some really good things, Borderlands and obviously Duke.

Also Duke would never humour the idea of proposing.

Kolosus

Apr 22, 2009

[HEADING=2]My god i love Claptrap![/HEADING]

Gearbox has made something similar:

You should definitely see the next episodes as well.

Hillarious :D

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Gearbox Forces Claptrap to Help Man Propose

With a little poking and prodding, even Claptrap from Borderlands will help a man propose to his significant other.

For a robot, Borderlands [http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Game-Year-Pc/dp/B0042WXQ62/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1303661143&sr=1-2]' Claptrap is kind of a pervert. That's why it took Gearbox a week to get the little guy to help a hardcore Borderlands player propose to his hardcore Borderlands playing girlfriend.

A Gearbox fan named Ben once wrote to the company explaining how Borderlands brought he and his girlfriend Tora together. After nervously explaining to Tora that he liked to play those "things" called "videogames," Tora evidently replied: "I love Borderlands! Let's play!"

Ben says that co-op play of Borderlands "easily made that awkward starting out stage of any relationship go extremely smooth." The duo played through the entire campaign multiple times, including DLC. When it came time for him to propose, Ben wrote to Gearbox again, hoping it might give him a little help from Claptrap.

And that's exactly what Gearbox did, resulting in this video. After Claptrap tries to make Tora believe Ben has Herpes, the robot gives it his best effort to get the message across that Ben wants to marry her. It's the most touching marriage proposal I've ever seen that also involves a line about a sexual position related to a mutated dog. Tora's answer isn't yet known, but unless she has a thing for robots, she probably said yes.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/#!5795066/claptrap-has-a-proposal-for-you-tora]

Update: She said yes!

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Vanbael said:
I loled, "Skaggy style" and "Robots can't contract STDs." Best of luck to Ben and Tora. Hope she said yes, getting a claptrap to do such a thing isn't easy as shown here.
Alluos said:
Familiar voice 0.o
Wouldn't happen to be Anthony would it?
Ionno, maybe I'm imagining things...
I had the same feelings. Would Mikey know?
Site says she said yes

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
That is pretty damn awesome. Wish them best of luck, also I hope Gearbox a second Borderlands, with less fetch quests, and more story.