Gearbox Forces Claptrap to Help Man Propose

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
Kolosus said:

[HEADING=2]My god i love Claptrap![/HEADING]

Gearbox has made something similar:

You should definitely see the next episodes as well.

Hillarious :D
that was brilliant! thanks for that

OT: so cute and so awesome...
its great to hear that the company will go out of its way to help the fans with stuff like this, and its even greater to hear that she said yes

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
Damn... This just raises the bar. I wonder if Valve would ever do something like that?

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
This proposal was downright hilarious. Even though Claptrap proposed the 'enticing' proposition of Skaggy style and made the unappealing comment on herpes, she still said yes. Good for the both of them.

On a side note:

TornadoFive said:
You. Yes you. Your Avatar is awesome. It took me a full five minutes for my brain to start functioning again after noticing your simple yet awesome avatar.

Edit:
UltraXan said:
Damn... This just raises the bar. I wonder if Valve would ever do something like that?
Glados would most probably suggest neurotoxin as a great relationship cementing gift or maybe some cake, potatoes or testing.
Gordon is a mute so it'd be in hand gestures.
and
Francis... Francis would do well in this situation. "I hate Proposals."

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Wow, that was pretty cool. Good to see game companies looking out for the little guys.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Yay. This stuff makes me all fuzzy inside.
A really nice thing to do indeed. And the video was pretty funny, in my opinion.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
After Opposing Force this is the most awesome thing Gearbox has ever done. I can't imagine a video game company making a marriage proposal video for a random fan, seems they're even cooler than I thought. And yeah, Borderlands was a pretty kickass game as well.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I watched the video 3 times, laughed each time. Afterwords I closed my browser to discover my random wallpaper and updated. To a borderlands picture.

Clearly something magical has just happened. Excuse me while I buy the DLC and own face.

gundamrx101

Nov 19, 2010
Genuine Evil said:
I?d say yes and my name isn?t even Tora.
On a side note I want a portal themed proposal.
Where GlaDOS betrats both of you? Just send Valve an email and I'm sure Gabe shall have it done. In 10 years.

OT: Go Gearbox! Supporting the fans makes everyone happy :D

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Alluos said:
Familiar voice 0.o
Wouldn't happen to be Anthony would it?
Ionno, maybe I'm imagining things...
Ahh I thought it was Mikey. Would make sense since that's who he works for =)

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
OMG This is great. The video itself, but also the contributions in the thread. Claptrap needs to take this on the road.

Oct 23, 2008
Vanbael said:
I loled, "Skaggy style" and "Robots can't contract STDs." Best of luck to Ben and Tora. Hope she said yes, getting a claptrap to do such a thing isn't easy as shown here.
Alluos said:
Familiar voice 0.o
Wouldn't happen to be Anthony would it?
Ionno, maybe I'm imagining things...
I had the same feelings. Would Mikey know?
Probably Anthony, he does write for Gearbox.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
Nile McMorrow said:
This proposal was downright hilarious. Even though Claptrap proposed the 'enticing' proposition of Skaggy style and made the unappealing comment on herpes, she still said yes. Good for the both of them.

On a side note:

TornadoFive said:
You. Yes you. Your Avatar is awesome. It took me a full five minutes for my brain to start functioning again after noticing your simple yet awesome avatar.
The management would like to apologise for any time lost whilst gazing upon the avatar. However, we regret to inform you that we are unable to take any responsibility for said lost time, as warning notices were displayed clearly around the avatar. Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
well this may be one of the most interesting ways i've seen and she said yes that's good to hear

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
I might get Borderlands just for this. I was interested earlier, but this was awesome of them. Rarely see a company willing to do these random things just for the fun of it.