Gearbox Head Hints at Duke Nukem/Gears of War Crossover

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Hawki said:
So, either:

-Duke gets a chainsaw weapon?

-A third person Duke game is made?

-In some weird, bizzaro world, a Duke/Gears crossover occurs (No! God no!)?

I will admit to being curious. Never played Duke Forever, but I am one of those weirdos who enjoyed Colonial Marines. So I'm kind of curious, since 4Ever was a game cobbled together over a decade, with Gearbox basically being the ones to release it. A Duke game built from the ground up with a reasonable developpment cycle could be interesting.
Free Duke Nukem Character for GoW4

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
Saelune said:
Booooooooo. :mad:

How bout give the rights to the Shadow Warrior people and reunite the siblings?
No kidding. Then maybe we can finally get Interceptor to finish their DN3D remake, or at least put the original back on GOG.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Ugh, what a shitty idea. I'd rather see Halo crossed with My Little Pony.

I'm reminded of that old penny arcade cartoon about Krispy Kreme getting together with someone's butt to make donuts filled with shit

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I've never played a Gears of War game so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Duke Nukem and Gears of Ware completely opposite in tone? Exaggerated proportions on Gears characters notwithstanding.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
For fucks sake, give it to Croteam. They're the obvious and best choice and they actually, you know, know what they're fucking doing and aren't insanely insulting to their fanbase. And you can't tell me this isn't Randy Pitchford on the quest for more money.

Actually Croteam is my favorite, if not one of my favorite devs...

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Screw that. Duke deserves better than being dropped in with those humorless misery sacks.
Now adding Duke to Borderlands, that's something I could see working.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
At least the article makes it clear this is a random spout of idiocy type idea.
I'm not even sure how deep the horrors of bad combinations can go, but this is Gearbox so they will surely find out.