Gearbox Tackles a New IP With the Character-Driven Battleborn

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
Novaova said:
Sir Shockwave said:
If Mann Vs Machine is anything to go by, pretty much a short while after Day One.
Amen to that. I slept in on launch day and missed my opportunity to play MvM in the brief window before it had been ruined by aggressive know-it-alls.
Oh I remember those few few days when it first came out ... they kind of sucked. No one knew what they were doing and the mode had close to a thousand bugs (I remember one where the bomb being set off didn't end the round) but I guess it was pretty nice not being kicked for picking a support class though.

OT: I'll check it out in the future but if it as MOBA as it sounds I doubt it will compete with Dota for me.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I like the artstyle (dear god its almost jarring in todays climate) and I like Borderlands 2's approach to story ect...it didn't feel completely gutted as a single player experience

if this can be similar to that I might very well be interested

ShakerSilver said:
This honestly sounds and looks like a mess. The same sort of FPS/RPG hyprid they had with Borderlands, but with MOBA elements and being developed with e-sports in mind. Not only that but it's artstyle reek of LoL. It just seems like a huge mish-mash of current trends in a soulless attempt to cash-in on them while they're still relevant. I can't say I'm interested at all in this.
hey ...if its gotta be "this" current trends I'm certainly not complaining

lets leave COD in the last gen..where it belongs

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
The whole "SP is just Co-Op with bots" is giving me RE5 flashbacks, which is not a good thing. Its a shame too, because other than the forced co-op this sounds like a really interesting game.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Ah, where's that kid from the reveal trailer comments that was adamant that there was nothing in the announcement that implied this game would be a Moba while everyone else was blowing wind into a sock trying to explain how all signs pointed to it being one?

I need to gloat.

I can't say I'm particularly wowed. It sounds like Monday Night Combat in a larger setting. The game might be good but I'm not enough of a Gearbox fan to really care until I know how big the online community will be.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
I can't be the only one looking at this and thinking how tedious its going to be to reassign all your skills every mission.

aaronexus

Dec 11, 2012
Veralsi? You mean, like Varelse? As in the Ender saga's concept of the true alien, Varelse? ... I see what you did there, Gearbox. You're lucky I like it.

Jhonie

Oct 24, 2011
aaronexus said:
Veralsi? You mean, like Varelse? As in the Ender saga's concept of the true alien, Varelse? ... I see what you did there, Gearbox. You're lucky I like it.
Embarassed as I am to say that I am utterly ignorant when it comes to the Ender saga, I still feel he need to point out that the word "Varelse" is Swedish for "Creature", and that made be blink at your post a few times. "Creature" has to be THE most generic name for, as you put it, "the concept of the true alien". I suppose it makes sense, but I'm really unimpressed. Like, really? That was the best name they could think of? I mean, at least Gearbox changed around the letters a bit with "Veralsi", but just straight up "Creature"? I'm not amused.

False Messiah

Afflicted with DDDS
Jan 29, 2009
It sounds like it's going to be PvE, not Pvp. I wonder how this wil translate to how e-sports are played now. There could be tournaments where two teams start at the same moment and race to finish a mission first, or with the highest amount of points.

I'm interested, let's hope they won't screw it up.