Geekend Update: Asteroids, Wind-Blown Bomb Squads, and Poop Shields

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Very cool! At first I had to check to see if I had just completely missed this program for a while because I was going blind. But no this is a first edition. I can definitely see this becoming a must watch every week. Great show!

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
A new weekly show with science and puns, excellent.

I guess the point of the minetripper is to buy a couple of them, then set them loose and hope for the best.

ellieallegro

Mar 8, 2013
I love the use of pauses and puns in this episode. I also like the mix of serious science and silly geekery. Keep up the production values and you have a hit on your hands. Geekend? I'm so stealing that.

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
I think I'm going to enjoy this show! Very good first impression.

I don't like giving criticism I can't properly justify or make positive suggestions but I'm going to here.

I'm not sure about those little three second transitions. They seem unnecessary. Maybe it's just personal preference or the music bugged me but I prefer what the Escapist News Wrap does where it is just a pause then next topic.

Other than that keep up the good work.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Wish I had known about the Mine Kafon kickstarter before it ended. $50 worth of bamboo and iron potentially saving a kids leg/life, how could I resist.

---

Poop shield, yeah, good idea, just don't mix those bags up. May I suggest investing a few bucks into a box of sharpies to lable the "used" ones.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
rhizhim said:
glad to see you in a show other than the current escapist home shopping channel.

with the bomb detonator thing we might get to see the rise of "extreme" curling or Bocce.
Someone PLEASE make this happen! Hell, I might even sign up to play :D

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Just noticed this... that's what I get for not getting on here much over the weekend.

Dude up there already mentioned (and the boss acknowledged) the whole "would be cool to have links" thing, so I'm just gonna go with "good stuff, looking forward to more".

Anakinnnn

Mar 5, 2010
Rogjah said:
I've felt pretty 'meh' about the latest video additions (with the exception of Reel Physics), but I think I'll keep watching this one.
Thanks for the kind words Rogjah. I hope that means you like our show and not that we were even below the 'meh' level. ;)
Always nice to see people checking out all of the new content on the Escapist and giving all of the shows a chance. It takes a while for people to find their groove for sure.

Thanks again!
Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

Rogjah

Dec 5, 2012
Anakinnnn said:
Rogjah said:
I've felt pretty 'meh' about the latest video additions (with the exception of Reel Physics), but I think I'll keep watching this one.
Thanks for the kind words Rogjah. I hope that means you like our show and not that we were even below the 'meh' level. ;)
Always nice to see people checking out all of the new content on the Escapist and giving all of the shows a chance. It takes a while for people to find their groove for sure.

Thanks again!
Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS
Ha, yeah I definitely meant that I enjoy Reel Physics. Honestly I'm hooked. Interesting topic, good production value, likeable hosts, plus physics is right up my alley anyway.