Genddy Tartakosvky's new cartoon show Primal premieres tonight at midnight on Adult Swim

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Saw all 5 episodes and loving it. Sucks that the other 5 episodes won't come until 2020, because I want more. Right now, this is the best non-anime/non-live action show adult_swim has right now.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
CoCage said:
Saw all 5 episodes and loving it. Sucks that the other 5 episodes won't come until 2020, because I want more. Right now, this is the best non-anime/non-live action show adult_swim has right now.
Shut up its boring cause it doesn't talk at the audience. /s

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Dansen said:
CoCage said:
Shut up its boring cause it doesn't talk at the audience. /s
God forbid I dont like a cartoon show.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Abomination said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
I really love the animation and art style, personally. The lack of talking being a turn-off is understandable, but I don't mind too much. Tartavovsky was always very good at telling stories without words...
It doesn't appear to be much of a "story". Every episode is essentially the same thing with different environments.
...Not really. Like. Not at all. Episode 1 is a revenge story. Episode 2 is tension between allies and a natural disaster. Episode 3 is a revenge story where the protagonists were the ones who wronged another. Episode 4 is horror/ a rescue mission. And 5 is spoilers.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
erttheking said:
Abomination said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
I really love the animation and art style, personally. The lack of talking being a turn-off is understandable, but I don't mind too much. Tartavovsky was always very good at telling stories without words...
It doesn't appear to be much of a "story". Every episode is essentially the same thing with different environments.
...Not really. Like. Not at all. Episode 1 is a revenge story. Episode 2 is tension between allies and a natural disaster. Episode 3 is a revenge story where the protagonists were the ones who wronged another. Episode 4 is horror/ a rescue mission. And 5 is spoilers.
Episode 3 was the best.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
erttheking said:
Abomination said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
The solution each time is just stab as many beasties as possible as quickly as possible.

The only one with much difference is episode 3. Caveman and Dino don't like each other much, slowly build a bond, fight prehistoric creatures each time. Failure to kill creatures is the only path to disaster.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Abomination said:
erttheking said:
Abomination said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
The solution each time is just stab as many beasties as possible as quickly as possible.

The only one with much difference is episode 3. Caveman and Dino don't like each other much, slowly build a bond, fight prehistoric creatures each time. Failure to kill creatures is the only path to disaster.
By that logic, Samurai Jack was the same episode over and over again as 80% of the time it ended with him stabbing robots.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
erttheking said:
By that logic, Samurai Jack was the same episode over and over again as 80% of the time it ended with him stabbing robots.
When this series has an equivalent of an insult spewing Scotsman with a machinegun prosthetic leg getting into a violent confrontation over who steps aside on a bridge - then it might get my interest.

For now, guy yells at prehistoric beasties and stabs them. Sometimes he gets cut up, then half a minute later - in the same combat - his wounds have disappeared.

It's always a new location, and the only constant is the dinosaur friend. Maybe if we see a reoccurring character other than the main two it'll feel like the story and the choices of Stabs-With-Spear have some consequences.