General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Regardless of what people think of Dave, I gotta give him props for surviving this toxic, shameless industry with his self respect intact.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Regardless of what people think of Dave, I gotta give him props for surviving this toxic, shameless industry with his self respect intact.

Chapelle really has no right to talk with the shit he's been pulling recently. I can't speak for everything on Kevin Hart, but I know at least for a while he wanted and has been doing different roles as black men either leading normal lives, being family men, or just regular people and not comedic slapstick/tomfoolery. I am not watching the video, and he can fuck off. I don't care if this is a case of asshole has a point.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Huh. I didn't even know this was a thing. As much as I like Jonh Taffer, and he did help mend relationshios in many of his bar rescues, but I don't think he's really the person for this. Those relationship saves were more like a extra-stuff.

Actually, Taffer's screen time is very little here. I get the focus is on the couples, but what's the point of having Taffer then?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I I don't care about what happens to game theory, will feel good ones out there, they decide to quit then I don't blame them. With the YouTube has been handling it gets tiring for a lot of these people at some point. I know some got it better than others, but regardless of that person quits or not, as long as they've been doing good not being jackasses and that's fine in my book. If they have been jerks or just straight up jackasses, then feel free to leave and take your foolishness somewhere else.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
This was all over reddit the other day and I have to confess. I have no idea who he or game theory is. I hate sounding like those pretentious types who are above this or that trend. I'm not. I genuinely just missed the boat on this one. Part of me wants to go wiki this shit up, but I also have to acknowledge that my time on this earth is limited and I should probably just accept that I missed whatever this zeitgeist was.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This was all over reddit the other day and I have to confess. I have no idea who he or game theory is. I hate sounding like those pretentious types who are above this or that trend. I'm not. I genuinely just missed the boat on this one. Part of me wants to go wiki this shit up, but I also have to acknowledge that my time on this earth is limited and I should probably just accept that I missed whatever this zeitgeist was.
You are not missing much. Game t
Theory is a guy that started around 2009 or so and had theories about games involving development, lots of the actual continuity, story, or their characters. He had some good theories at the start, but by 2013 a lot of this "theories" weren't theories. They are either fake theories, theories that were debunked years ago before he posted the video, or just full of false information and padding. There were no theories at that point; just a guy pulling stuff out of his ass. Those theories weren't even his majority of the time, and he admitted recently in his announcement video, other people did the majority of the writing for him, and he had no involvement with it. He also tried branching himself out as well, but he kept spreading himself so thin and not all the spin-offs did well. Fatigue was a major factor too. I stopped caring up about him around 2013, but I didn't watch too many of his videos, even before then. Trust me, you are not missing much.

Last edited: