General Unpopular Opinions

CaptainKarma

Dec 16, 2011
Fragmented_Faith said:
Several of these may be Australian-only

Islam is a cult of hatred and should not be tolerated in public

Women under 40 should not be permitted to hold office or any position of power without a signed certificate from a known and respected shrink stating they are not likely to act on impulsive emotional responses

I question and mistrust certain races when I see them in buisness

Boat people can all go right back where they came from. I don't care how much of a hell-hole your country is. We have enough problems without paying you to ruin it for the rest of us
Congratulations! You are a terrible person!

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Sure, why not...

1- MLP FiM is garbage.
2- Splatterhouse was an awesome game
3- There is absolutely NO good reason same-sex marriage should be illegal anywhere
4- There is only One Optimus Prime and he NEVER had flame decals
5- Prostitution should not only be legal, but should also be a government job
6- Immigrants should be allowed to run for public office in amerika
7- The internet, as a whole, has been both dumbing-down and completely pussifying people since it's inception.

That'll do, for now methinks...

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:
1. Poor people shouldnt have children they cant afford then expect the state to pick up the slack.

2. Greed is good.
Do you not see the contradiction here? Not even a little?
Not atall, Im an incredibly greedy person. I want and do everything i can to aquire lots of money and possessions. However I dont expect anyone else to pay my way, directly or indirectly, ive never claimed a penny of benefits in my life and wouldnt. Greed and paying your own way are not mutually exclusive.

CaptainKarma

Dec 16, 2011
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:
1. Poor people shouldnt have children they cant afford then expect the state to pick up the slack.

2. Greed is good.
Not atall, Im an incredibly greedy person. I want and do everything i can to aquire lots of money and possessions. However I dont expect anyone else to pay my way, directly or indirectly, ive never claimed a penny of benefits in my life and wouldnt. Greed and paying your own way are not mutually exclusive.
But if greed is good, then surely its good for poor people to be greedy and claim loads of benefits? Why is your greed more moral than theirs?

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
-I don't care how "Superior" "Progressive" "Enlightened" etc. your views are, you have absolutely no right to force them down people's throats and even less right to be upset when people reject them.

-I think Rygar: The Legendary Adventure is better than God of War.

-I think the Abortion issue is a very personal issue that has been made too political and religious.

-I feel that, unless you're a breeder, you should always spay/neuter your pets.

-There is a difference between religious and spiritual.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Diablo III would be better with WASD movement and mouse aiming, like the PC version of Borderlands and all those "twin stick" style shooters like Geometry Wars. If you ever suggest that on the Blizzard forums the majority of the responses will be:

1. It just wouldn't be Diablo
2. How are you going to move diagonally?
3. Go back to WoW

regalphantom said:
The Dark Knight Rises was the best of Nolan's Batman Trilogy. Additionally, the target audience for Nolan's Batman films was not fans of the Batman franchise.
I would like to explain. I feel like the Dark Knight Rises actually went out of its way to appeal more to fans of the Batman franchise, and personally thought the epic scale of Rises and its pacing detracted from the overall film. I though thematically it tried too hard to sound like a logical next step to the conclusion reached at the end of the Dark Knight so it would appear as if it was always meant to be a trilogy even though it obviously wasn't.

regalphantom said:
The Twilight books are far from the worst series that I have ever read. Additionally, Stephanie Meyer is not a bad (as in untalented) author, she just knows her target audience.
I personally think she got lucky with her writing tapping into a large audience which I'm surprised was not reached before. Maybe it's because women were embarrassed to buy the most comparable type of books previous, the ones with a bare-chested Fabio on the cover.

regalphantom said:
PC gaming is responsible for the graphical arms race which has arose in the industry. While PC gaming has also introduced other positive factors into the industry, it's net effect breaks even at best.
I guess it's not super obvious but it does seem like the most sensible conclusion to come to after some thought.

regalphantom said:
Animated and more cartoony graphics are generally better than graphics that try to appear more realistic. 5 years from now the winners of "best graphics of the year" will look nearly unplayable, whereas stuff like Boarderlands and Wind Waker will still be enjoyable to anybody.
That's not really an unpopular opinion around here, maybe like on IGN or something.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:

2. Greed is good.
But if greed is good, then surely its good for poor people to be greedy and claim loads of benefits? Why is your greed more moral than theirs?
Its nothing to do with morality. Not paying your way and claiming benefits isnt a direct product of greed its a product of laziness and the lack of a work ethic.

CaptainKarma

Dec 16, 2011
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:

2. Greed is good.
Its nothing to do with morality. Not paying your way and claiming benefits isnt a direct product of greed its a product of laziness and the lack of a work ethic.
And why is laziness and lack of work ethic bad?

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
The only one I can currently think of is that I think Doctor Who sucks.
I'll probably be back with more.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:

2. Greed is good.
Because it shoulders hard working productive people with their burdens.

Skeptic

Sep 1, 2010
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Dango said:
I think religion has been beneficial to mankind as a whole.
Here's my take: religion is the most harmful thing that mankind has invented.
And how about this; some aspects of religion might have been beneficial to the humanity, however, we're way past that point as we now know that the Sun is a giant nuclear furnace and what causes thunder.

The sad part is, I believe mine is the least popular opinion.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
- I think anyone using the internet to complain about the negative influence of the internet is a fucking idiot.

- I think thinly veiled eugenicists deserve to be fired into the sun, though of course I don't think we should actually do it as that would just be devolving into their demented line of so-called thinking.

- I don't feel that I necessarily have to like a reviewer or agree with their tastes to think that their opinion is worth listening to.

- I generally abide by a quasi socially libertarian philosophy which states that as long as people aren't causing any harm, then I don't give a shit about what they get up to.

CaptainKarma

Dec 16, 2011
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:
CaptainKarma said:
TallanKhan said:

2. Greed is good.
So it IS morality.

Because it shoulders hard working productive people with their burdens.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Deus Ex is kinda boring and nowhere near the messanic level so many people proclaim it to be on.
Let me guess, you haven't finished it?

OT: I also do not like bacon all that much, to be honest. It's nice tasting and all, but there are some other things I'd rather eat.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Yopaz said:
TeeBs said:
Other than bacon and batman, those seem pretty like pretty common opinions.

Though I do enjoy scrubs.
Yeah, pretty much this, in fact these seem to be some of the more popular opinions. I also enjoy Scrubs though...
I'm not going to lie, from what I've seen I think enjoying Scrubs is an 'unpopular' opinion. At least, every single person I've known since I went into high school, with the exception of one person a year younger than me, either didn't know what it was, didn't find it funny, or just didn't care about it.

So yeah, I like Scrubs.
Dangit2019 said:
Dango said:
I think religion has been beneficial to mankind as a whole.

Come at me.
HURR DUR DARK AGES DUR HURR TERRORISM

OT: Jurassic Park, while being well made, wasn't really a good movie overall. Especially the dumbass kids.

"This is a linux system...I know this!"

Fuck you too, movie.
And movies/TV usually get portrayal of computers terribly, horribly wrong. One need look no further than this clip:

L3W15 M

Jul 28, 2011
I think Skyrim was a bad game that sacrificed gameplay, great NPC characters, nice town atmosphere and immersion all of which its predecessors' had for pointless graphics and unimpressive dragons.

Dont even give a fuck.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
-Woman shouldn't be on the front lines because men are better as infantry.
-Pc games going multiplatform Ruins great series.
-Possitive discrimination is just as bad as normal discrimination.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
Yopaz said:
TeeBs said:
Other than bacon and batman, those seem pretty like pretty common opinions.

Though I do enjoy scrubs.
Yeah, pretty much this, in fact these seem to be some of the more popular opinions. I also enjoy Scrubs though...
I'm not going to lie, from what I've seen I think enjoying Scrubs is an 'unpopular' opinion. At least, every single person I've known since I went into high school, with the exception of one person a year younger than me, either didn't know what it was, didn't find it funny, or just didn't care about it.
That was my point. Enjoying Scrubs is an unpopular opinion while the OP seems to think this is a popular opinion. I enjoy it and I don't care about the popular opinion is that it's bad. I can understand why people don't like it since it's not a high quality show, but still, I'll take my dumb comedy and treat it for what it is.