generic money making

SaturdayS

Nov 8, 2010
Oh hai, I suck at life and have a hard time even feeding myself. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for simple but reliable income? Any online jobs that actually work? Simple crafts that are guaranteed to sell on etsy? Give me a dollar for bad advice?

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Shiva? Is that you?

I kid, OP, he's someone who wants the same thing as you except he has a choice to work off his ass

As for you problem, apply for as many jobs as you can. Doesn't matter if it's shit, just something to guarantee you income for the time being. After that, report back and we'll see what happens next. :)

SaturdayS

Nov 8, 2010
I currently have a net income of -$9000, 3 years ago it was -$12000. I think that makes me both good and terrible with money. I have an issue where I tend to get overwhelmed by stable work, or something. A mix of seasonal depression and social anxiety has made my ability to be a productive member of the workforce a very dwindling and temperamental force. My last therapist seemed to believe that I should just stop whining, as the most advice he ever had for me was "don't let yourself feel bad". I'm sure he's right in certain spectrums but still I was vainly hoping someone might have a reliable system of income that could work when I'm sick of trying so much to do what most people seem to do normally. Then again, I don't doubt that's what everyone would like.

For the record, I'm currently at university, taking a management course, and I did get a job during the summer that I can "come back any time" to. Which is great, I just don't have any confidence that I'm long term compatible for either of these things.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
SaturdayS said:
I currently have a net income of -$9000, 3 years ago it was -$12000. I think that makes me both good and terrible with money. I have an issue where I tend to get overwhelmed by stable work, or something. A mix of seasonal depression and social anxiety has made my ability to be a productive member of the workforce a very dwindling and temperamental force. My last therapist seemed to believe that I should just stop whining, as the most advice he ever had for me was "don't let yourself feel bad". I'm sure he's right in certain spectrums but still I was vainly hoping someone might have a reliable system of income that could work when I'm sick of trying so much to do what most people seem to do normally. Then again, I don't doubt that's what everyone would like.

For the record, I'm currently at university, taking a management course, and I did get a job during the summer that I can "come back any time" to. Which is great, I just don't have any confidence that I'm long term compatible for either of these things.
If you suffer from social anxiety and need a steady income than I would suggest considering a simple manual labouring job. It can be hard work but you don't have to deal with people all that often.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
I can't help it. The way the OP is written, all I can say is:

Quick money, a lot of money, legal money. Pick two.

On a more serious note, start applying for jobs. Doesn't matter what kind of jobs, doesn't even matter if you want them, but go out and start applying. That way you'll hone your skills in "selling yourself" (and you have no idea just how bad those words taste in my mouth) so that when you notice a job you do want, you'll already know how to present yourself in the best possible way.

Sad truth of the matter is, nobody cares about what you actually can do. It's all in how you sell yourself.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Well you certainly won't get rich doing what I propose but it's a job so simple a monkey could do it and the pay is far better than you might expect. Think about pizza delivery. I did it during my early 20s to support the many unsavory habits I had then. I used to put in 30 or so hours a week and would bring home 500 on an average week and as much as 700 or more on a good week. A lot of nights I would walk out of the store with 100 bucks or so more in my wallet than I came in with.

It really is a pretty good job all in all. You get most of your pay in tax free cash nightly plus you get a check every week or two and your job is pretty much just driving around listening the radio, though I suggest audiobooks or talk radio personally. The most actual work you will have to do is some menial cleaning like sweeping, mopping, or doing dishes. Beyond that the hours are usually flexible and as I said up above the pay can be far better than most people expect.

If you do look into it I suggest you pick a store that is located in a more affluent area as it just makes good financial sense. The delivery area is key to how much you are going to make. The other thing to look for is a store that actually does a lot of business. Talk to the current drivers and feel out how they do. Ask how many deliveries they take on a typical night. If the answer is anything less than 12-15 (ideally I liked to do 25-30 on a good night) you're probably better off trying another store.

As I said up above I did it for a few years and I really enjoyed it. I made between 15-20 bucks an hour to sit on my ass and listen to audiobooks. The only real issue I had was learning my way around the delivery area but now with GPS so readily available that probably won't be much of an issue.

Verbatim

Jun 8, 2011
There's no such thing as easy money, the money you gain is equal the value you provide which in most cases is a question of how much effort you put in.

If you wan big sums of money in a relatively short period of time good for Fishing/Lumbering jobs, you can make 10-30K(And even more, in deep sea fishing on small boats it can get to 40-50K a season) on those jobs in about in 10-15 weeks depending on the length of the season and the specific job you get.

Those jobs are hard, and risky, but worth it, i had a friend that was in the navy after he got out he went to work on a fishing boat in nova scotia or some where along that line, he earned about 150K in 18 months...
You would probably get much less since he actually had experience as a sailor and was the deck crew lt. on the fishing boat, but even with out any experience manual labor could yield a nice sum..

shawnwoods

Oct 29, 2012
If You are planning to start a business You better carry out extensive research first. Starting at random is easy but making a new business successful, extremely difficult. You should refer to sales training sydney [http://www.thedarwinpractice.com.au/coaching.php] for a good start in a business.