Geoff Keighley: Konami Banned Hideo Kojima From Accepting Any MGS V Awards

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
I think we should start using "Konami" as a verb to describe something bad that has happened to you in a game. Get your butt whupped by Ornstein and Smough? They Konami'd you so hard. CTD right before you get to a save point? You just got Konami'd. VAC banned for being on the same server as a hacker? Thats a Konami right to the face. Save file got corrupted? You got Konami'd to tears. Got to download 14 GB of data before you can play that brand new game you've been waiting years for? You've been mercilessly Konami'd.
Ornstein and Smough are Konaming me so hard I haven't touched the game in a week, which is crazy considering I was playing it at every available oppurutnity for several weeks before that...

...any suggestions? I'm tired of being Konami'd.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Abomination said:
Guys...

Stop. Buying. Konami. Products.

Yes, even Metal Gear. Just stop buying their shit.

If you see their label on anything, don't buy it.

If you're complaining about their actions and you bought Phantom Pain - you are part of the problem. It was no secret that Konami were a bunch of twatwaffles before that game was released and you bought it anyway.
I agree, but with a caveat. Stop buying Konami products NEW. We all know that used game sales mean no money goes back to the developer, and many have spoken on the importance of buying a game new if you care about supporting that developer's work. It works both ways; if you want a Konami game, but don't want to support the company, go out of your way to buy it second-hand and make sure you never download any DLC or pay micro-transactions.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
We told EA and Ubisoft to keep digging so Konami decided to buy an excavator in their race to the bottom. I just hope they finally dig on top of a lava block.

Abomination said:
Guys...

Stop. Buying. Konami. Products.

Yes, even Metal Gear. Just stop buying their shit.

If you see their label on anything, don't buy it.

If you're complaining about their actions and you bought Phantom Pain - you are part of the problem. It was no secret that Konami were a bunch of twatwaffles before that game was released and you bought it anyway.
but what do if we never bought any to begin with (last konami product i bought was Silent Hill 5, what was it, 2009 or so)?

remnant_phoenix said:
I agree, but with a caveat. Stop buying Konami products NEW. We all know that used game sales mean no money goes back to the developer, and many have spoken on the importance of buying a game new if you care about supporting that developer's work. It works both ways; if you want a Konami game, but don't want to support the company, go out of your way to buy it second-hand and make sure you never download any DLC or pay micro-transactions.
Used sales still benefit Konami. if people knew they can get half of their money back reselling them game they are more likely to buy a new product. if noone bought used less people would buy new as well. The only way to get the game that doesnt benefit Konami is the illegal one.

Though i dont think we have to suffer Konami for much longer. They are going out of videogames business and into Pachinko machines business instead.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Someone needs to get in touch with Hideo Kojima and point him towards Jim Sterling's e-store, then get him to do a short model gig to promote those sweet #FucKonami t-shirts. That would be a very sweet plum indeed.

Once again, just for fun, say it with me:

FUCK KONAMI.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
Ishigami said:
SweetShark said:
I know this is very sad to hear, but is there an actually a REAL reason why Konami did that? Like not because "Konami are assh*les, f*ck Konami"? A real realistic reason?
As mentioned before, and of course publicly denied [http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/09/28/konami-our-commitment-to-aaa-console-games-has-never-changed] by Konami themselves, they currently in the process of restructuring their company and on their way out of video games.
Videogames are considered high risk and low reward by Konami and they currently hold a very comfortable market position with Pachinko machines.
Kojima and Konami are apparently on bad terms since Kojima's games tend to go way beyond their projected budgets. MGSV for example is rumored [http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/06/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-sells-3-million-units-but-its-not-out-of-the-woods-yet] to never ever break even.
It could be argued that this is partly payback for wasting the company's money.
The other part maybe due to Japanese strange working ethics and culture. I refer you to window watchers [http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/09/japan-downsize-mizhuho-merger-zombies-tokyo-dispatch.html].
Either the bosses of Konami feel embarrassed about Kojima actually going and therefore want to hide it as much as possible or they actually want to force Kojima out bascially bulling him until he leaves out of his own will.
Dude, that article was written on the 6th of September, just a few days after the game released. Konami confirmed they had sold 5 million copies as of Sept. 30th and that was over two months ago. They're probably north of 6 million by now, which according to that Forbes article is what would be needed to make a profit. Konami may not be raking in money hand over fist because of the game, but they've certainly been turning a profit on it, make no mistake.

SilverLion

May 11, 2013
This is not just cutting off your nose to spite your face, this is cutting off your nose and hollowing out your skull with an ice cream scoop to spite your face.
As someone on the autism spectrum I sometimes have difficulty understanding how other people may think differently from me (WATCH TERMINATOR 2!) but I'm pretty confident no-one can understand why Konami is doing this to themselves.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
What a bunch of terrible assholes.

I am not sure i understand how a company can be this stupid, don't get me wrong companies do some pretty stupid shit but at least you can understand the decision making process, however retarded it may be, but with this ? I don't even understand

#FucKonami