George Lucas fucking with Star wars again.

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
Karthak said:
Oh for Buddha's sake.
The films are his property, so if he wants to tinker with them, it's his right. And if you don't like the changes, just watch a non-altered version. Just because a new version appears it doesn't mean the old ones magically disappear.
couldn't agree more

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
wasnt there another guy other than lucas involved in the very first two movies that made them good, who walked out before the third was made? i cant remember his name...

Urgol

Feb 5, 2009
lord canti said:
And people wonder why were not taken seriously.
Are you referring to the changes to the films or the existence of this thread?
If it is the latter, I couldn't agree more

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
i don't care about any of that. i liked all Star Wars moves but what i really like is star trek.

HooterNanny

May 19, 2010
Karthak said:
Oh for Buddha's sake.
The films are his property, so if he wants to tinker with them, it's his right. And if you don't like the changes, just watch a non-altered version. Just because a new version appears it doesn't mean the old ones magically disappear.
Although once the new ones are out the un-altered versions are harder to find.
I totally agree with you though. People go crazy when even anything is changed or remade, as if that cancels out the making and release of the original.

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
Urgol said:
lord canti said:
And people wonder why were not taken seriously.
Are you referring to the changes to the films or the existence of this thread?
If it is the latter, I couldn't agree more
I agree too.

"So this guy made a small, minimal change to his own property, which really only shows for 10 seconds in a multiple-hours film... HE MUST DIE I HATE HIM RAAAAAAAAAGE!"

is quite frankly nearly as immature as
"OMG U R KILZ ME IN MW2 I FIND WERE U LIV AN KILLZ URU MOMZ LOLOLOL UR HOMO"

Nobody takes us seriously this way. I'm guessing people like these don't want to be taken seriously. Well good, go wear a clown costume, but leave the rest of us fans/nerds alone, kthxbye

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
bombadilillo said:
Wicket has eyes.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7108/ewoksi.jpg Click at your own risk.
Oh for fuck's sake. What was the point in that? I loved his adorable little marble eyes! Urgh, die, Lucas.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Hawkmoon269 said:
Meh. Actually, the Darth Vader one doesn't seem that out of place, if anything i always thought it was kind of weird that he doesnt say anything during that particular scene.

As for the obi wan one, well it sounds a little silly, but i get why its been done, it's meant to sound like he's using the force to make an intimidating noise, where as before it just sounded like he was blowing on a whistle or something, and why that scared the freakin sand people, with their guns and chanting, i never really understood.
I keep seeing this and it bothers me. There is a ton of internal conflict going on. The scene is way more intense when he says nothing. I mean, do they really have to have him verbalize what he is feeling for anyone to get it?

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Asita said:
He didn't need to say no in that scene. The physicality said it for him.
Yeah, I HATE to chime in and sound like a one of those guys but it's like if someone changed the words to 'can't buy me love' to 'please buy me love' it changes the whole mood of the scene and the character. The only change that ever really really got to me was changing Boba Fett's voice. that is not the voice I want my kids to hear when they watch Empire for the first time.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I don't mind the Vader saying "No" part so much. Not necessary, but not destroying the scene. As for the second. I don't know. That just doesn't sound right to me. Maybe I'm too used to the original sound which I recall as sounding less than human. And that one sounds like a human could make it.

Silenttalker22

Dec 21, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
As for the first, didn't Lucas learn his lesson the first time around?
Seriously, it's like well done George you asshat; you did the impossible. You made James Earl Jones, sound silly.

I can't help but think George surrounds himself with people who love getting paid, to tell him how great his ideas are. I'm actually very curious how the whole process happens, from his delusional fantasy to it's final inception, that no one says this is a bad idea.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Silenttalker22 said:
Neverhoodian said:
Seriously, it's like well done George you asshat; you did the impossible. You made James Earl Jones, sound silly.

I can't help but think George surrounds himself with people who love getting paid, to tell him how great his ideas are. I'm actually very curious how the whole process happens, from his delusional fantasy to it's final inception, that no one says this is a bad idea.
How did that recording session go?

George Lucas~

"OK Mr. Jones we liked that take, but lets try one more. I want you to yell NOOOOOOO again, but if you could manage to yell in monotone...No no, I think you can do it. Yell in monotone and try to make it devoid of any actual emotion at all...Ok, can someone get Mr. Jones a bucket please? Put this bucket over your head so it sounds like inside the helmet. And ACTION."

TheDist

Mar 29, 2010
Honestly the one with vader saying no, is the worst of the two in my opinion. It seems to me that lucas is unable to understand what makes a powerful moment, i'm not gonna say it ruins the film or anything, but it does show something about how lucas thinks.

The people saying he owns it and can do as he likes are indeed correct. However It seems a little disrespectful to the large group of people who made those first three films possible. While lucas did bring us star wars, true, we thank him for that, it was the people who challanged him while making it that brought us the star wars we know and love today.

He needs people to challange him I think. At the end of the day they are just films, oh well.

Silenttalker22

Dec 21, 2010
bombadilillo said:
Silenttalker22 said:
Neverhoodian said:
How did that recording session go?

George Lucas~

"OK Mr. Jones we liked that take, but lets try one more. I want you to yell NOOOOOOO again, but if you could manage to yell in monotone...No no, I think you can do it. Yell in monotone and try to make it devoid of any actual emotion at all...Ok, can someone get Mr. Jones a bucket please? Put this bucket over your head so it sounds like inside the helmet. And ACTION."
"Ok here's your motivation. You are a dejected, angsty, whiner, who just killed his young bride, but didn't really kill her, but think you killed her."

James: What?