George Takei wants to take down Twilight.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I thought the only thing keeping it alive was Middle Aged Women? Most of the girls I knew who were huge Twilight fans when it first came out are more "meh" to it now

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
In my experience, people who like Trek also like Wars. The competition between the two is in good fun. I am disappointed in Shatner though, he should be above that. As for Twilight, I just ignore it and intend to continue doing so. Like Harry Potter, it will end and won't even be talked about 30 years from now.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
BabyRaptor said:
Just let it die...Eventually all the fans will hit puberty. Or their first actual relationship will happen, they'll try and be Bella ad they'll realize that, Holy shit, maybe letting a guy own and abuse the Fuck out of you is a bad idea.
My sister is 25 years old and has a husband, they've been together for over 2 years already.

It doesn't end at puberty.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
I never understood why the all the Stars (Trek, Wars, Gate) couldn't just get along.\
Down with the Sparklies!
Last one to impale Edward Cullen with a lightsaber has to pay for drinks!

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
Can vampires stay around as long as they're like the ones in Daybreakers?

I fucking love Daybreakers.

trouble_gum

May 8, 2011
Raika said:
Can vampires stay around as long as they're like the ones in Daybreakers?

I fucking love Daybreakers.
So long as they don't sparkle.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Crono1973 said:
In my experience, people who like Trek also like Wars. The competition between the two is in good fun. I am disappointed in Shatner though, he should be above that. As for Twilight, I just ignore it and intend to continue doing so. Like Harry Potter, it will end and won't even be talked about 30 years from now.
Actually, I expect Harry Potter will be talked about as a children's classic for a good, long while. It's quite a bit less detestable than Twilight, anyway (this [http://badassdigest.com/2011/11/17/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs-twilight/] explains why - don't be fooled by the capslock, it's a brilliant article).

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
A friend of mine sent this to me, and I loved it to pieces. Yes, the people who were fans are starting to become "meh" about it (the person who sent it to me is a recovered Twilight fan) but every year new young girls get to read it, making new fans. We don't hear about it as much since they're not going to school with us or spamming out Facebook walls with it, but they are there. Also, many huge Twilight fans actually really don't like the last book, so they aren't as excited about it.

Sep 24, 2008
Picture the Beauty.

Several Federation Galaxy Class starships warp in over earth.

The vampire masses hiss and claw, sparkle and brood.

Beams of light flare up all over the earth. Each light column gives a human or alien, armed with lightsaber or phaser. As the weapons hum, Bastila on the lead starship closes her eyes and readies Battle Meditation. And so begins the cleansing of the world.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
I was never a fan of George Takei, I don't find him funny or all together good in anything he does. To me his video just screams of an aging actor trying in futility to stay relevant while the world slowly forgets that he exists.

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
Berithil said:
Can't we just wait it out? I mean, once the last movie is released on dvd, it should just roll over and die. Unless Meyer wants to milk the franchise for all its worth and release more books, movies, tv specials, or, dare I say, a video game. Unfortunately, of course, most of the fanbase lack the brain cells to see when their beloved franchise is being milked to death and will keep buying products.
She's already said she's going to write more.

BulletMagTrig

Nov 14, 2011
I agree that Star Wars and Star Trek fans must unite against true evils of this world.

However I also agree with just waiting for Twilight to die like all the other Trolls. Feeding them through conflict is like fighting Zombies, you just waste ammo and more will come out of the wood works.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
rayen020 said:
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"All that is necessary for good to triumph is for evil men to do nothing."
-4RM3D

Your move...

What? I don't even...