German...Nazi

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
1. No, its part of German history. Louis XIV or Napoleon's rules are more about a specific person rather than a country, but it doesn't mean that its not part of French history. I hate when people say this, Nazi Germany doesn't exist in a vacuum.

2. Yes, because that isn't happening every where else?

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
Tards will be tards...

Having seen the match, as a UK citizen I really have no quarrel with the German win. Two of the goals, 3 and 4 I think, were in quick succesion and using the exact same method! (Take control of ball near German goal, send it long and walk it through the practically empty defence area)

Could I do better? Of course not, though I am not being paid a bajillion pounds a year to do either better or worse.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
XJ-0461 said:
Radeonx said:
1. I'm not from Germany, but I'd imagine that it would be somewhat offensive.

2. Because 99% of the world affiliate Nazis with Hitler, because he was the leader of the party, and since he's German, they instantly gravitate to hating the German part of the Nazis.
That's just what I think.
Wasn't he Austrian? I think (not certain, basing this on History classes from around a year ago) that Germany had an empire going Which included Austria, and that that's where Hitler was from.
Germany had no empire at this point, they were pretty much broke from WWI. Infact, Germany never included Austria (until 1938 that is), for a large amount of time most parts of Germany even stood under Austrian control, but that's earlier history.
However, Hitler was born in Braunau which is now and was at that time in Austria, but so close to Germany you can spit over the border from your kitchen window. Still, his whole carreer happened over in Germany so one can understand that most people have no clue about his origin.

OT: can't say much to the OT since our team is so bad we don't even make it into qualifications. And frankly I don't care anyway.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Radeonx said:
1. I'm not from Germany, but I'd imagine that it would be somewhat offensive.

2. Because 99% of the world affiliate Nazis with Hitler, because he was the leader of the party, and since most people think he's German, they instantly gravitate to hating the German part of the Nazis.
That's just what I think.
exactly what i was thinking. and instead of 99% i would just go for a full on 100% (anyone who knows about nazi's should know about hitler).

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
1. I'm not from Germany, but I'd imagine that it's offensive.

2. Because Hitler was the one who lead the party and based it in Germany.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
LOLYOULOSEGIRL said:
All Germans are Nazi's though? That's what my school taught me.
nice school you went to.

many Germans disagreed with Hitler. but they couldn't do a damn thing about it. there were even German families taking in Jew fugitives.

but i probably took your post to seriously :)

Sworm

Mar 15, 2010
German's went all Blitzkrieg on England today!

on topic,

1) Yeah I'd be either pretty pissed or just sigh out of "what a bunch of dumb-asses".
2)Stereotype and key player in WW2 I guess...

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I abhor that argument, but to play Devil's advocate for a second,

Even though Hitler was Austrian, it was Germans who put him in a position of power. Remember that next time you try to de-affiliate the Nazis from Germany, even though it did happen in the past it's still a part of their history.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
LOLYOULOSEGIRL said:
I seriously doubt that. You probably weren't paying attention hard enough.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Football acts as an excellent catalyst for idiocy and xenophobia. If you're looking for Nazis, Eastern Europe is chock full of the buggers. They're like cockroaches, and they thrive on the recession. I'm Hungarian [although thankfully living in Ireland], and the latest theory is that the Jews are stealing our water and shipping it to Tel Aviv. I kid you not. And this sort of thinking has contaminated most of that hellish region.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
PumpActionJesus said:
hitler was Austrian
beaten to it ><
wouldn't he most likely have gotten a German passport since he was a strong politician there?
making him German.

or he didn't, i don't know.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Trivun said:
Irony is, he wasn't even German, he was Austrian. Speaking of which, the entire Second World War could have been avoided if Hitler had made it into a prestigious art school in Vienna, but they thought his work was crap so they rejected him, prompting him to pursue a career in politics instead of art. Weird thing is, if you look up some of his stuff, he was actually a really good artist. That art school must have been pretty damn exclusive to reject Hitler after seeing some of his work...

Then again, Van Gogh was always rejected and his work was dismissed as being a load of crap, and now he's arguably the most respected and successful painter in history... :D
After reading that I went and searched for some of his stuff. Pretty damn good by my standard.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I'll be honest here, I'm not going round yelling Nazi at every German person, but everytime a German has tried rubbing my nose in it and being generally persistant at getting a reaction I have mentioned WW1 and WW2 victories and usually something along the lines of it's not bad to see Germany beating England for once.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
1) Yes it's offensive and that attitude is the main reason Germany hates England(in football). The fans are often just unbearable.
2) Because Germany was the most powerful part of the Axis.
What I don't get is why the Germans are still often associated with Nazis, but the Serbians, for example, are already off the hook, even though their genocide against the Muslims was only a little more than a decade ago. Or the crimes the British committed in their various colonies. Or why are the deaths of millions of Chinese and Koreans at the hands of the Japanese forgotten, even though they were just as cruel as the Nazis?

rokkolpo said:
PumpActionJesus said:
hitler was Austrian
beaten to it ><
wouldn't he most likely have gotten a German passport since he was a strong politician there?
making him German.

or he didn't, i don't know.
He got a German passport and probably saw himself as German. He despised the Austrian-Hungarian Empire for being weak and disorganised.

WaNNaBJusTLiKeU

Jun 26, 2010
Pimppeter2 said:
LOLYOULOSEGIRL said:
It appears you weren't paying attention when your teacher was teaching you about sarcasm either ;)

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
LOLYOULOSEGIRL said:
Pimppeter2 said:
LOLYOULOSEGIRL said:
It appears you weren't paying attention when your teacher was teaching you about sarcasm either ;)
Sorry, but sarcasm is supposed to be funny.

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
Mr.Wiggles said:
Crayzor said:
Because we're British, and beating the Nazis is all we have.
Now, listen hear Sonny Boy!

*long intangible rant*

You also fought the Spanish Armada and Napoleon!

Until recently you owned 3/4 of the globe!
The key words here being "until recently"

Bran Mugen

Feb 16, 2010
1. I'm of German (and Welsh, but that's not important) descent and have lived in Germany, I don't find it offensive because I know the assholes will get what's coming to them.

2. The word Nazi refers to that specific party, which only exsisted in Germany; true there has been, is currently, and will be future parties like it and maybe with the same ideals, but only that one was called Nazi, and it happened to be in Germany.

The thing is, as wrong as the Nazis were, I refuse to see them as Evil. Not all Nazis were in on the whole murdering aspect, many were simply normal men and women trying to give thier country a brighter future.

In short, groups aren't Evil, only individual people are.

On a side note did you know that:
Austria is German too (not all Germans joined the German Nation)?
That Gypsys are the actual Aryans?
That the Swastika is a Hindu Peace Symbol?
English evolved from German?