Germany Bans the Xbox 360

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Meh,it's meaningless. I'm relatively sure thy can keep playing the run around game to last the rest of this console generation. Part of me smiles at this though. Just a small part though, I promise.

Piflik

Feb 25, 2010
Microsoft: Can we continue selling our console in germany?

Answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLry6Cn_D4

(I am allowed to do such jokes...I am German :p)

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Oh puns, how we love thee so.

OT: First Japan, now Germany? I can definitely bet that we'll be hearing updates on the Nextbox by next year at the latest, if not later this year. After all, it's not like Microsoft has anything else to care about or fall back on... like, say, home computers...

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
blackrave said:
So Microsoft vs. Germany
Not really. This is just a single battle in the currently raging patent war between a few IT giants such as Microsoft, Google, Oracle and Apple. In this case, Microsoft has just gotten a taste of its own medicine.

Germany itself is not really involved in any accusations. It's just a battleground.

BooTsPs3

Feb 2, 2011
I've started to visit the escapist a lot less lately. Only really for a few video series and this is one of the reasons why. Look at the title of this article, it says "Germany Bans the Xbox 360". But Germany didn't ban it. The sale of it is banned. not the actual consoles. Also it's not banned but Microsoft pretty much decided it would cost too much to continue selling it. This title is misleading as all fuck. Seriously escapist get your shit together.

P.S. stop posting late news (not referring to this article but many others)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, I can hardly say that I feel sorry for Microsoft. That said, I'd imagine a lot of German gamers are less than pleased given that this seems like it's going to seriously hurt both the console and PC platforms given that windows seems to be covered under the ruling.

That said I wouldn't be shocked if a bunch of Motorola execs die in an plane accident or something, followed by the company dropping it's claims. It probably won't happen, but if it did, I'm calling "first to predict it" (at least on these forums). :)

sniper9474

Sep 3, 2008
I have a German Xbox 360, and in the case of a recall they will have a harder time getting it off me then they would have retaking Berlin from the Russians.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Copyright infringement, eh Microsoft?
"Now the rubber band is on the other claw!"

jimbob123432

Apr 8, 2011
Wow. It's a good time to be a PS3 fanboy now isn't it?
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
10BIT said:
These kinds of news always remind me of this quote:

"If the real world could be patented like software, expect to be sued every time you place one foot in front of the other to propel yourself forwards."

savageoblivi0n said:
Sir Ollie said:
Irridium said:
Andy Shandy said:
Torrasque said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
Oh, this thread is gonna have so many nazi jokes, isn't it? *sigh*
I can say I did nazi this coming.
Anne Frankly, I won't stand for it.
Really Reiching for puns, aren't we?
These Nazi jokes are making me Fuhrerious.
I don't know about you but I'm Goebbeling them up
Can we stop it with the Nazi puns, please; they're offensive and take me out of Mein Kampfort zone.
Come on, it's just for Auschwitz and giggles. Nothing wrong with that, SSurely?
Once Microsoft finds the Final Solution for all this, the Nazi jokes will stop.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I love clicking on a serious sounding thread and finding it full of nazi jokes.
I wish I was kidding.

OT: Are they actually going to go through with this? It's madness.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Sad that Google is not going to kill off any of MMIs litigation when it becomes owner of the firm.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Sir Ollie said:
Irridium said:
Andy Shandy said:
Torrasque said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
Oh, this thread is gonna have so many nazi jokes, isn't it? *sigh*
I can say I did nazi this coming.
Anne Frankly, I won't stand for it.
Really Reiching for puns, aren't we?
These Nazi jokes are making me Fuhrerious.
I apologise, we're just Panzering to the crowd
Now this SSactly what I'm talking about.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
Jack and Calumon said:
In all seriousness, I think this might make Microsoft do something a bit more than a double take and they ought to go to Motorola with some nice wine and fresh lipstick.

Calumon: They should ban Playstations! They're heavy and fall on you and you can't move no matter how hard you wriggle! D:
germany banning a lucrative business during economic crisis that doesnt seem smart.

how rich is microsoft compared to motorola? maybe they could buy motorola (unless theyre really rich Im pretty cllueless)

you cant move but you can wriggle? but isnt wriggling moving? although wriggling wont get you over to the fridge so maybe it doesnt count? hmm?.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Therumancer said:
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, I can hardly say that I feel sorry for Microsoft. That said, I'd imagine a lot of German gamers are less than pleased given that this seems like it's going to seriously hurt both the console and PC platforms given that windows seems to be covered under the ruling.

That said I wouldn't be shocked if a bunch of Motorola execs die in an plane accident or something, followed by the company dropping it's claims. It probably won't happen, but if it did, I'm calling "first to predict it" (at least on these forums). :)
Ok, I need you to state, clearly, whether or not you are seriously suggesting that you predict Microsoft will assassinate Motorola execs.