Get The Feels From New Inside Out Trailer

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Get The Feels From New Inside Out Trailer

Disney and Pixar reveal their "major emotion picture"

A new trailer has hit (courtesy Disney UK) that gives a more detailed look into the premise of Pixar [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137801-heres-the-first-trailer-for-disney-pixars-inside-out] brain-trust.

Directed by Riley, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/755-Up] whose Joy (Amy Poehler) finds her previously life-long position as Riley's most-prominent feeling being challenged by Sadness (Phyllis Smith) who has suddenly become assertive as Riley approaches her teens.

In the film's main story, Riley's Joy and Sadness become separated from the Command Center after arguing with eachother, and must make their way back before being driven only by Fear, Anger and Disgust turn Riley into (another) moody teenager. The trailer depicts a scene wherein these remaining Emotions try (badly) to help Riley deal with her parents - and offers an amusing glimpse of their Emotions as well.

Inside Out is due for release on June 19, 2015

Source: Disney UK [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MC3XuMvsDI]

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Ohmygod.

So awesome. So very awesome. Loved it. I will hate waiting for it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The new trailer bring new insight of the film which I am liking it so far since I thought it was focusing only on the girl. It never occur to me they would show us the other "emotions" from other characters!

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss....

I think this is looking to be another Pixar great. I'm kind of hoping for a bit of an Osmosis Jones vibe from this one.

Lagslayer

Apr 18, 2011
It doesn't look like it now, but I got a sinking feeling this is gonna end up like Frozen all over again. I pray that isn't true.

Razhem

Sep 9, 2008
Firs trailer really left me meh, but this one shows it really shaping up! Now I'm interested.

Yozozo

In a galaxy far, far away...
Mar 28, 2009
This reminds me so much of the old Cranium Command at Disneyworld.

I approve!

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I'll be honest: I wasn't a fan at first. I thought they were taking the shortcut by simplifying emotions, but this looks like an easy-to-access venue for illustrating feelings for young people who may be having trouble understanding themselves.

And comedic. I like animated comedies, too.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Lagslayer said:
It doesn't look like it now, but I got a sinking feeling this is gonna end up like Frozen all over again. I pray that isn't true.
In what way? Overplayed and talked about on the internet? Misleading advertising? I'm confused.

OT: I really like this trailer, the movie looks like it really has potential. I hope it delivers.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
Dark Knifer said:
In what way? Overplayed and talked about on the internet? Misleading advertising? I'm confused.
The confusion is intentional. Vaguely alluding to your hatred of a generally beloved movie in an undrelated promising movie's thread, is one of the most blatant tactics of begging for attention on your random opinions.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Entitled said:
Dark Knifer said:
The confusion is intentional. Vaguely alluding to your hatred of a generally beloved movie in an undrelated promising movie's thread, is one of the most blatant tactics of begging for attention on your random opinions.
Maybe? I dunno why seeking random opinions would be that stimulating unless you actually wanted discussion.

Maybe attention is a resource that internet people use to build computers or something.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Oh boy, looks like this is gonna be a good one. Nice concept behind this one too. Other than that wretched Ant movie Pixar cant seem to put a foot wrong!

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Lagslayer said:
This is made by Pete Doctor, not John Lassiter. Entirely different level of quality. This won't end up like Frozen.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
So... help me figure this out.

The mother has feminine emotions, all wearing pearls and glasses, and the father has all masculine emotions, what with all the mustaches and liking of the soccer.

Why does Riley have emotions from both genders?

Dreamfiller

May 25, 2011
Burnouts3s3 said:

The mother has feminine emotions, all wearing pearls and glasses, and the father has all masculine emotions, what with all the mustaches and liking of the soccer.

Maybe because she's still going through puberty? Her getting a hold of her developing emotions is the premise of the movie as I recall, so maybe as her sexual identity as well has yet to develop properly, we have these mixed and gender-neutral emotions running the show?

Just a thought.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Dreamfiller said:
Burnouts3s3 said:

Maybe because she's still going through puberty? Her getting a hold of her developing emotions is the premise of the movie as I recall, so maybe as her sexual identity as well has yet to develop properly, we have these mixed and gender-neutral emotions running the show?

Just a thought.
I think they are representing more the influence of both mother and father on her emotions and how they are portrayed. Just like people say things like "She's got her mothers humor, but her father's temper" etc etc. This I think is reflecting that. To give a very easy, visual link between the aspects of her personality, and which parent most greatly influenced them.