Get Your Religious Rock On

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
I wonder when the Viking Metal expansion is going to come out, next spring maybe?

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Flyleaf's a Christian band... ah well, their music is still alright.

Anyways, I really hate this. I'm against using something like religion to peddle a product, and believe that religion should be something untouched by money (an impossible ideal, I know), so this really rubs me the wrong way.

Still, let's hope this thing tanks so miserably that everyone else gets the idea that they shouldn't be so stupid and insensitive.

Tolkienfanatic

Jul 24, 2008
HalfShadow post=7.70015.678058 said:
hippo24 post=7.70015.677669 said:
i really don't fancy the milking of pockets based on religon
Which is sort of ironic seeing as that's what they do anyway...
Yeah, that struck me as ironic as well. Considering you have to pay your church weekly to prove you are a "good Christian".

Acervusvlos

Aug 30, 2008
Ronmarru post=7.70015.678043 said:
Christion rock=oxymoron

Not really... Subject matter of lyrics =/= Coolness.

A song about hardcore sex with extremely hot women is terrible if sung by a guy with a tracheotamy[sic] while getting high off of helium.

Acervusvlos

Aug 30, 2008
Tolkienfanatic post=7.70015.678539 said:
Yeah, that struck me as ironic as well. Considering you have to pay your church weekly to prove you are a "good Christian".
I'm a Good Christian and I haven't been to church in months.

The tithe is asked of you, but it never says "GIVE CHURCH MONEY OR U GO TO HELL DAWG".

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Lmao! Excellent! Something for Yahtzee to hopefully crucify with blunt rusty nails shaped like penises! No offence to the christian demographic but..

OHH CHRRIIST THIS SHIT IS BANANAS

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Due to my personal bias against religion, and the fact I don't want want to explain what this game is to anyone who looks at what games I've played, I won't be touching this with a ten foot pole.

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
Acervusvlos post=7.70015.678950 said:
Tolkienfanatic post=7.70015.678539 said:
I'm a Good Christian and I haven't been to church in months.

The tithe is asked of you, but it never says "GIVE CHURCH MONEY OR U GO TO HELL DAWG".
Mormons have to pay ten percent of their income or they get excommunicated. I'm pretty sure other religions at least subtley nudge you towards the collection plate with a strong sense of "Insert money to not feel guilty anymore." Then they make you feel guilty again so you'll put more in the collection plate.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
I kinda get why a game like this would be released and I can imagine friends of mine buying this. But why can't these people look at Johnny Cash and U2 and realise that the best way to create great Christian art is to stop making Christian art and just make art.

evilamnesiac

Jun 25, 2008
Continuing my theme from earlier, on the recent UK census, I listed my religion as Jedi, as did many others, when can we expect "Mos Eisley Canteena Hero! - a rock hive of scum and villainy" although there would be only one song so that may not work.

I now declare this dead horse officially flogged!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
sammyfreak post=7.70015.679560 said:
I kinda get why a game like this would be released and I can imagine friends of mine buying this. But why can't these people look at Johnny Cash and U2 and realize that the best way to create great Christian art is to stop making Christian art and just make art.
Granted there are some Christian artist who flaunt their religion, just as there are -insert idea/religion/life style/ideology here- artists who constantly tell you their own. I think this falls more on the shoulders of the production and recording companies though. Especially in the Christian music market there is such a major push to find bands that are the "Christian positive role model" versions of any specific popular band. Even though many of these artist really are just out there to make music and most if not all there songs have little to do with their religion of chose.

What's most unfortunate about this is that the artist and bands are never valued for their own contributions most of the time. They get thrown into things like this merely because they happen to have a similar sound to someone else.

Nimcoy27

Aug 21, 2008
sad thing is that it will probably come into existance soon

god damned Christians...