Getting a PS3, What game should I get

NoBlueFood

Apr 25, 2011
So I'm pretty sure I'm buying a PS3 this weekend and want to get at least one game. I want to get one of the exclusives because I already have an XBox 360. So my options that I'm trying to decide between are Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, Killzone 2, or if you can think of any others. I know I can't buy all of them or even two of them. So if I could only choose one exclusive for the PS3 which one would you recommend?

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
God of War I think. Never played it, but I always thought: "If I ever get a PS3 I will so play that." so yeah.

Blastinburn

Apr 13, 2011
Infamous. I know Infamous 2 just came out but you can import your decisions from the first game into the second providing starting bonuses. The story in both games are great so you should get the first one even if you don't care about the bonuses.

Jangles

Mar 12, 2010
NoBlueFood said:
So I'm pretty sure I'm buying a PS3 this weekend and want to get at least one game. I want to get one of the exclusives because I already have an XBox 360. So my options that I'm trying to decide between are Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, Killzone 2, or if you can think of any others. I know I can't buy all of them or even two of them. So if I could only choose one exclusive for the PS3 which one would you recommend?
MGS4..see you in 4 months

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
I wouldn't if I were you, I've got one and it's becoming more and more clear how outdated the hardware is. I'm switching permanently to PC gaming soon.

Although if you insist, you can pick up InFamous 1 on the PSN store for £15. Metal Gear Solid 4 is pretty solid (lol) as long as you like the colour brown and can forgive the enormous cut-scenes. Resistance 1 is pretty fun with a story mode that I adored, its sequel is disappointing.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
Jangles said:
NoBlueFood said:
Really 4 months, it took me like two weeks

Cobelo

Feb 27, 2009
Jangles said:
That actually took me like a week to finish.

OT: Demon's Souls. It's mind-crushingly hard but so much fun. I swear i'm in a love-hate relationship with the game.

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
I'd go with Uncharted 1 and as quickly as possible get 2 (2 was a lot more refined if you find the gameplay in 1 is too sloppy then don't give up on 2 because it's gameplay was a lot more refined and solid)

MGS4 is also great even though it was the first I played in the series. (just expect a LOT of cut scenes. As in the game took 16 hours to finish and about 7 or 8 of them must have been cut scenes.)

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
erbkaiser said:
Flower, Infamous 1 and 2, Uncharted 1 and 2.
Heavy Rain if adventure games are your thing.
3d Dot Game Heroes if you like Zelda and appreciate great games.
Ass Creed 2 and Bro if you don't already have them.
Little Big Planet 1 and 2 for platformers.

Ralphfromdk

Mar 26, 2009
Don't buy it yet!!!!!!!

I've heard something about a new Slim ps3 coming out soon, so if i was you I would wait.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Get the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD collection when it's released. That's what I'm waiting for.

A Werewolf

Jun 27, 2011
inFamous is epic, heard good things about inFamous 2

MAG is a great FPS, with a unique concept [128 vs 128]

Littlebigplanet is fun with friends, and if you like making/editing levels can provide hours of entertainment

Demons Souls is great

Uncharted 1 and 2 are great

but I really recommend MAG, its so much fun >.>

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Infamous series
Uncharted series
Demon Souls
Heavy Rain

and god of war 3.

SkinyJim

Dec 30, 2010
Ralphfromdk said:
Don't buy it yet!!!!!!!

I've heard something about a new Slim ps3 coming out soon, so if i was you I would wait.
The slim version has already been done and has been out for almost 2 years now

Source: http://uk.playstation.com/psn/news/articles/detail/item229653/Entertainment-on-PS3-has-a-new-look/

Do you have any references to your claim?

Phrytar

Apr 6, 2010
I would recommend Uncharted and especially Uncharted 2. Those 2 are great titles for the ps3.

Sephael

Jun 26, 2009
SkinyJim said:
Ralphfromdk said:
Don't buy it yet!!!!!!!

The slim version has already been done and has been out for almost 2 years now

Source: http://uk.playstation.com/psn/news/articles/detail/item229653/Entertainment-on-PS3-has-a-new-look/

Do you have any references to your claim?
he probably meant the new backwards compatible (among other improvements) PS3.