Getting raped is like getting a flat tire. Also, it's God's will. Fancy that.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
Why isn't this in the religion and politics section?

While I agree with you that is beyond stupid (even if you are religious, "Though shall not covet thee neighbors wife" makes this even stupider and insulting), it is about both reilgous convictions AND about the opinions of a politicians.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
figures from a state that sounds exactly like "i the hoe" and also from a state that sends little girls in a whirlwind to a psychedelic magic land.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
MasochisticMuse said:
The statistic is that 4 in 10 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetimes, not raped. The statistic includes things like gropings but it's certainly not a made-up number. It's also a fallacy that women are more likely to be raped in certain kinds of clothing, though you're right that they're more likely to be assaulted while attending college/university. However that would mean with shouldn't attend post-secondary education by your logic, as we'd be bringing it upon ourselves by "choosing to go to that part of town"... which is absurd.
It's always our fault, don't you know? If we would just be good little submissive cows and stay in the kitchen dressed head to toe, we wouldn't be out there tempting all the godly men trying SO hard not to listen to their dicks.

No, I didn't make that up. That's what I got told once when I found myself in the situation of having to report unwanted sexual attention from a guy in my youth group.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
...At least, it is according to Kansas State Representative Pete De Graaf and Idaho State Representative Brent Crane.

Article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/05/31/granderson.rape.abortion/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

For people living in Kansas and Idaho...you don't get to complain. You voted these people into office. :x Just sayin'. (And even if you voted against them, they're still representing the state legally. THE FLAW OF A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC! But I digress.)

SO PEOPLE. Do you agree with them? /Waits for the inevitable 3-5 people who say yes.
In the words of Captain Picard

@OP

DeGraaf: "We do need to plan ahead, don't we, in life?"
Bollier: "And so women need to plan ahead for issues that they have no control over with pregnancy?"
DeGraaf: "I have a spare tire on my car."
"I also have life insurance," he added. "I have a lot of things that I plan ahead for."
My god the stupidity flows like diarrhea.
I mean he's honestly saying that Rape is no big deal and that it's Gods will for them to continue and go through with having that child!?? WTF!?!?!

Oh and to make matters worse

"Tea partier Sharron Angle raised eyebrows during the 2010 midterm election by suggesting rape and incest victims who become pregnant and do not have an abortion made a "lemon situation into lemonade" -- but at least she lost and cannot mandate that rape victims make lemonade"
Well Thank God at least that ***** didn't make it to office.

Once again I will say this about those Idiots who CLAIM to be Christians

Bite me DeGraff

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
BabyRaptor said:
MasochisticMuse said:
The statistic is that 4 in 10 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetimes, not raped. The statistic includes things like gropings but it's certainly not a made-up number. It's also a fallacy that women are more likely to be raped in certain kinds of clothing, though you're right that they're more likely to be assaulted while attending college/university. However that would mean with shouldn't attend post-secondary education by your logic, as we'd be bringing it upon ourselves by "choosing to go to that part of town"... which is absurd.
It's always our fault, don't you know? If we would just be good little submissive cows and stay in the kitchen dressed head to toe, we wouldn't be out there tempting all the godly men trying SO hard not to listen to their dicks.

No, I didn't make that up. That's what I got told once when I found myself in the situation of having to report unwanted sexual attention from a guy in my youth group.
*Sigh* Christians like those guys in your youth Group make Jesus Headdesk. Yes I said a head desk by Jesus. It's that big a fail on their part.

Sorry that you had to go through that BS. Thus the problem with Institutionalized Religion. There's always a hierarchy.

Honestly Jesus would be ashamed.

Nov 18, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
...At least, it is according to Kansas State Representative Pete De Graaf and Idaho State Representative Brent Crane.

Article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/05/31/granderson.rape.abortion/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

For people living in Kansas and Idaho...you don't get to complain. You voted these people into office. :x Just sayin'. (And even if you voted against them, they're still representing the state legally. THE FLAW OF A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC! But I digress.)

SO PEOPLE. Do you agree with them? /Waits for the inevitable 3-5 people who say yes.
How can I be part of those held responsible? It wasn't like I was at the legal age to vote when this asshole came into office. Plus, do you really think that he would've said something like that when he was running for office? Most politicians will put up a facade and blatantly lie to get votes only to show their true colors once they win.

Anyways, I hate people getting the wrong idea about Kansas from such old, overzealous pricks that can't seem to realize that the public's view on many issues have changed since they grew up. Kansas's general population is just as normal as any other given state's, but its politicians are just as bad as the rest, unfortunately. Plus, when will these people just STOP trying to implement their religious beliefs into the government? I don't mind or care what kind of religion they have, but they need to get it through their heads that not everyone in the country has the same beliefs, even those of the same religion.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
America is a FIRST world country, right? Cause I can't believe people like this would exist in a first world country, let alone be elected into power

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
BabyRaptor said:
icame said:
So... can we get these obvious retards thrown out of office? There really needs to be a way to do that if enough people are against them.
Well, look at Wisconsin. The people got riled up enough to put together recalls, so what do the Republicans do? Start openly bragging about running fake candidates in said recalls to try and Fuck them up. There's no winning with people who believe that only they should be in charge.

On topic, that is just sickening. It's as bad as Sharon Angle saying that women who are raped should just make lemonade. Or Sarah PayMe making rape victims pay for their own rape kits.

Then again, when you hold the view that women are property, anything goes I guess.
You mean this quote?

"Tea partier Sharron Angle raised eyebrows during the 2010 midterm election by suggesting rape and incest victims who become pregnant and do not have an abortion made a "lemon situation into lemonade" -- but at least she lost and cannot mandate that rape victims make lemonade"
HOLY HELL, there is no, and I mean NOOOOOOOO excuse on earth as to why anyone should hold that view. Rape is a very traumatizing event and you can't expect people to get over it and raise a child if it was conceived through that method.

jacobschndr

Aug 15, 2008
Goddammit! Even more reasons why my home state sucks ass.

By the Way, I didnt vote for that asshole. Its the other 2+ million idiots who voted him in.

And rumor has it that representative Pete De Graaf, had a cousin or some family member that got arrested for raping someone or attempted rape or something like that. So he's on his soapbox preaching about how he wants to change the law.

Yeah, he's a moron..

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Kopikatsu said:
Witty Name Here said:
No offense, but where does "God's Will" figure into this? I read the article and I don't see where it mentioned that Getting raped is "God's will".

Can we stop the christianity bashing and just talk about how much of an idiot this guy is? You don't necessarily have to be a religious person to support/disapprove of abortion. I'm Catholic, and I'm pro stem cell research.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, like I said, that guy is an idiot, a complete idiot, his comments were completely inappropriate, and it's a shame that more people are worried about "Weiner's Wiener" then the stuff this man is saying.
Brent Crane says that everything is part of God's plan, so getting raped is his will. It's in the article around the middle of it.

Raskolnikov34 said:
Kopikatsu said:
Raskolnikov34 said:
If God (and by God you mean the Christian God)is all-good, how could something evil be his will? Regardless of your opinions on Christianity, that just isn't logical.
To quote Epicurus...

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

That kind of applies to all monotheistic religions. :x

JinxyKatte said:
And what I am taking from this is yet another reason for my extreme anti-theism. I hate religion in all its forms. Gods will my arse. Fucking knobjockey.
See above! Also, nice OC VG Cats avatar.
This ignores the Doctrine of Free Will though. God has given Man the power to choose to the good or the evil; ie: he didn't create robots to blindly follow him because that would have defeated the purpose of creating them in the first place. It also ignores the fallen nature of Man, which would explain where evil comes from.

I don't want to start a religious war over this though (I'm a Roman Catholic btw).
Giving man the choice to commit evil falls under 'He is not willing to prevent evil' Since...you know...he would have given permission to commit it by saying 'Do whatever.' (And thus not preventing it.)
God isn't your personal butler or batman. The fact he allows you to exist is gift enough, and if you ask for anything more then you look rather ungrateful and selfish. He gave you tools, use them. God isn't going to do things for you because you are lazy and refuse to use the tools. That is why evolution and darwinism exist. A parent wont support a 40 year old with no job, and acts like a 10 year old.

(deist)

YES YES YES!!! You sir have made me cry tears of uncontainable joy with that post

SOUND THE WIN MUSIC

<youtube=kG16pfDZ3CM>

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Madara XIII said:
You mean this quote?

HOLY HELL, there is no, and I mean NOOOOOOOO excuse on earth as to why anyone should hold that view. Rape is a very traumatizing event and you can't expect people to get over it and raise a child if it was conceived through that method.
Yeah, that one. Unreal, isn't it? I felt really sorry for Republican voters during that election...Her or chickens for healthcare lady.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
You know what, they're idiots. Makes me sad that they're employed idiots, but I'm fairly certain that nothing will come of it. Why? Because when the idiots with power start to do disgusting, harmful, idiotic things that no one--Democrat or Republican--supports, Jon Stewart will swoop in, be serious, and stop them. That's what he did with the 9/11 first responders bill, and I'm sure if this goes any further he'll stop it to. Because he is Batman.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Well, I guess Kansas and Idaho are lost.
Lost!?! When were they ever there!? Those dipsticks are the reason Westboro Baptist Church continues to thrive. They continually feed that crazed twisted form of Christianity to the point of which it gets incorporated into politics.

*Sigh* Somewhere Jesus is Head Desking and bad things will happen because of it.

Kansas and Idaho. You make bad things happen with your stupidity

HandsomeZer0

Dec 6, 2010
Give it a decade or two and they will all die out. And then the enlightened age belonging to the intellectual can begin :)