Getting your hair cut.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
How do you feel about it?

I wouldn't say I hate getting my hair cut, but I hate GOING to get my haircut. However, I also hate having long hair; it's such a hassle. This was me in high school:

Not the best looking photo (or guy), I know, but it's the only one available to me right now. Anyway, nowadays I HAVE to get my haircut every 2 or 3 weeks to keep it within military standards. While I don't like being forced to do it and I don't like military style hair, it's still preferable to high school.

And honestly, girls with long hair... I don't know how you do it. Guys with long hair... WHY do you do it? I'm not judging, but it's just soooooo tedious, and my hair was only shoulder-length!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Speaking as a perpetual fuzzy with his haircuts in line with his bushy beard-cuts, I feel that getting buzzed down after the cold weather season is over is a relief. Yes, I have functional haircut times.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Well, being a guy with long hair (reached halfway down my back) I only go to the hairdressers once or twice a year to get an inch taken off, so as to remove split ends. I don't mind it mostly because my mother is friends with the staff there, so it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere.

As for why I have long hair, well it started off music-based, since I'm passionate about heavy metal. But it has since transformed into a comfort thing now. I genuinely enjoy having long hair, think I look better with it and feel more comfortable with myself with it. So it just works for me.

If that makes sense.

Edit: The only time I see it as a disadvantage is during windy days, and it blows around all over the fucking place. However, that's easily fixed by tying it up or wearing a bandanna.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm trying to grow my hair long, so that I get that "homosexual western European art-dealer" ponytail. I've been wanting one for a while.

My hair stopped growing, though; but my friends tell me that if I cut a bit off the tops it'll keep growing.

Dec 14, 2009
Used to let my hair grow out a bit, have a haircut about 4 times a year.

Now I have buzzcut and shave my head every 2-3 weeks. I don't mind really, when it's this short it's ridiculously easy to maintain.

Also, I've estimated to have saved about eleventy trillion pounds on shampoo.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I hate getting my hair cut.

I don't ever know what to do with it and when they ask me what I want to do, I just stare blankly at them like a five year old and say "I want the same haircut but shorter". Wow tippy2k2, that's useful info...idiot

I also have a cow lick due to a scar on my brain case and so I never know what to do about it. I swear THIS time I'm going to look up hair styles BEFORE going to get it cut that deal with the cow lick but that never seems to happen...

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Kolby Jack said:
Guys with long hair... WHY do you do it? I'm not judging, but it's just soooooo tedious, and my hair was only shoulder-length!
The thing is, I have really thin hair. As a consequence, it's only really manageable (without excessive amounts of hair products) when it's long or really short. I've had it long for a few years and now I'm back to keeping it short again. I have the hairdresser visiting once every 1-2 months and that's working out fine.

Personally I'm not really fussed about my hair style. "Not-in-my-face" and "not-sticking-all-over-the-place" seem to be my main rules.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I just go and get a length 2 buzzcut every few months. Easy maintenance and it looks okay.
Oh, and I let it grow out a bit in winter, usually along with some facial hair.

How do I feel about it? Ummm... I don't? It's just hair. I wasn't aware I was supposed to be feeling something over it.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I like having my hair cut. Of course I only get a haircut once every two months or so because haircuts are expensive. Come to think of it, I think I'm about due for another one soon.

Multi-Hobbyist

Oct 26, 2009
I just grab some clippers and shave my head once every 3-4 months or so. I had hair down to my elbows at one point. But you have to cut away the teenage angst at some point.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
I usually get my hair cut with a clipper towards the beginning of a year, then it grows out till it gets in the way. My long hair was more a result of sloth.

But as I am sick of long hair, I'm clipping it more regularly. It made exercise a more arduous task.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I love haircuts!
I love getting my hair brushed and played with. I'm like a pony.
Last time the hairdresser did a fab job and I felt great afterwards.
I think I'll go for a haircut on Friday actually.

Hair is important to me, if my hair looks good I can forget about my ugly face

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Don't know what to tell you, OP. Long hair can be annoying at times, but not enough to make me want to cut it. You get used to it after a while... I'm quite in love with my hair and don't intend to ever get rid of it.
I haven't even been to a barber in over eight years and that time it was to trim the tips. It grows quite slowly though. Only got hair down to my waist if I pull it(however, I am almost two meters tall).

No, cutting my thick, wavey, dark brown/dark red hair would be a crime to humanity.

Queen Michael said:
My hair stopped growing, though; but my friends tell me that if I cut a bit off the tops it'll keep growing.
That's not true though. Don't listen to the liars!
Grows slower after it's reached some sort of maximum, but it's still going if you give it time. I haven't noticed my hair growing for the past five years, however based on photos it's way longer than before.

Gotta be based on the same myth that says your beard grows faster if you keep cutting it off.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
I keep my hair long (female) because i think it looks best, my face is way too chubby to wear it short. But I usually tie it up for work, or braid it if I'm not doing anything that day.

Getting my hair cut isn't a problem, as one of my best friends is a hair dresser. She knows how I wear my hair every day, so I don't worry when she cuts it. I don't like anyone else cutting it, though.

And we usually go out for supper together after I get my hair done, so it's a good time.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I mainly hate getting my haircut because I hate going out in public in general. You have to sit and wait your turn, you tell some person what you want, and then you sit there while they try to make small talk. I hate small talk. I appreciate you want to make me comfortable, but I'd rather we just both stay silent, and get this over with.

Luckily I have my hair long, somewhere around the middle of my back in length. I keep it this way for several reason:
1. I've grown very comfortable with it. Anytime I ask them to take a little more off than usual, I feel naked, and like my head is so light it will float away.

2. Seriously, if you have long hair that you take care of, I've found personally that girls love it. I get the occasional "Your hair is so pretty", but there are times where I've literally gotten phone numbers sparked off the fact that I had long hair that I took care of.

3. I like the way I look with it. I'm overweight, a combination of muscle and fat, so I'm not small. I've found that long hair sort of...distracts from that a bit. It "balances" my body image out, I suppose. Not sure if that makes sense.

Although, I'm not oblivious to the fact that there are issues.

1. Taking care of it. I have to blow dry it, and straighten it. I do have naturally straight hair, but if I just dry it, it does tend to clump up and look very messy.

2. Doing anything physical, and especially when sweating, you get hair in your face at the most inconvenient times.

3. Going back to the inconvenience, things like sex can get pretty obnoxious. Hair is just flying everywhere, mainly in faces. Not always sexy if you need to continuously move your hair out of the way, especially if you both need to do it.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I haven't cut my hair in close to two years now, nor shaved, and I feel liberated from the routine. That said, I take good care of my locks, and I've gotten compliments for it. At time of writing, it comes down to around the middle of my back, and swishes gracefully in the wind.