Getting your hopes up...

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Having loved a rather obscure Megadrive/genesis shooter called Musha Aleste, I was overjoyed to hear it was getting released for download... Only to find its Virtual console only,with no announced release date for psn or live arcade... which is a touch depressing as I only have an Xbox 360.

Has an announcement ever made you absurdly happy, only for some fine details (release date or platform, or any other reason)end up puncturing your mood?

The only similar situation for me was seeing the announcement for Halo 2 getting a pc version (yeah, I liked Halo on PC), only to be dumbfounded by the stupidity of making it Vista only. Much as I wanted it, I wasn't getting a new OS just for it.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Windknight said:
Has an announcement ever made you absurdly happy, only for some fine details (release date or platform, or any other reason)end up puncturing your mood?
ArmA2, with no option whatsoever to get a SecuROM-bullshit-free version.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I was excited when Assassin's Creed 2 was announced on Wii. Now it's been cancelled I've decided I should get a 360 anyway, if only to save my computer the strain of gaming on it.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Oh my god! MAG? I hope it will be epic! Dont break my heart sony!.
what was wrong with Halo on PC to begin with? im unaware.

The Dawn of War: Dark crusade expansion, i was so happy it was coming out and because it release was put back i kind of lost my love for its release and forgot all about it

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
How shoddy CoD:WaW was in my opinion compared to its predecessor. I think I played CoD4 the same day I got it.

Could say with when I bought Deus Ex: IW, and it wouldn't run on my computer. That wasn't the games fault that time though. :p

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
All the new things that they mention about Mass Effect 2 only convolute and concern me. I don't want a new cast for instance or a new love interest. I don't want my new squad I was happy with what I got. I am concerned

S53

Jul 18, 2009
Specter_ said:
Windknight said:
ArmA2, with no option whatsoever to get a SecuROM-bullshit-free version.
Yeah! TESIV baby! Wait, they'll have SecuRom on the PC version.

Kill me now.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Resi 5 being Co-op and in broad unscary daylight and a badly done Gears clone

Bioshock 2 having multiplayer

Fallout: New Vegas being built on the same old buggy engine

Left 4 Dead 2 not being made on a new engine (come on guys, Source is showing its age now)

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
Pokémon Snap was released for Nintendo Wii :C I can't get my Wii online... I love Pokémon Snap... ;_;

Merteg

May 9, 2009
I remember hearing that the Wii, the 'Revolution' at this point, would play older games.

I thought that it would also include games from before the Gamecube. Turns out only GCN games.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Mom: "Hey, We're getting a High Def TV! A big one too!"
Me: "Wow mom, Gee, do you really mean it?"
Mom: "Nope!"
Me: "What?"
Mom: "That was all a lie. Maybe next month.. or not.. mwahha!"

Thats essentially how it went.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Merteg said:
I remember hearing that the Wii, the 'Revolution' at this point, would play older games.

I thought that it would also include games from before the Gamecube. Turns out only GCN games.
doesn't it have older games you can download?

Just getting pictures of a wii with a N64 cartridge jammes in the disc slot :p

Merteg

May 9, 2009
teisjm said:
Merteg said:

I already own tons of old games, I don't want to buy them again, no matter how cheap they are.

It would have been great! Great I tell you!

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
Back when the Wii was just the "Revolution". Then Nintendo dropped the bomb by saying what it's name really was...

Dom Uk

Jul 9, 2009
Assassins Creed, I heard about that game really early and I waited for a year or two for it to be released and I was disappointed.

I still love the game but I think anything that you get hyped up about for that long can ever live up to the expectations you place on it.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Merteg said:
teisjm said:
Merteg said:

I already own tons of old games, I don't want to buy them again, no matter how cheap they are.

No disrespect or anything, but if you already have the games, wouldn't you also have the appropriate system to play them on?

I got some old GC games, but i don't really care to play em on my wii, i'll still use my GC to play them. I would prolly fo the same with N64, SNES or NES if i had any of those

Jun 11, 2008
CoD WaW disappointed me immensely it just lacked something that the others had I'm just not sure what it is or how to quite put my finger on it but something just wasn't there for me in the multiplayer that was there in the others.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
FFXIII coming to 360 made me incredibly happy; possibly the best bit of gaming news I had ever seen. Of course, it didn't make much of a difference since now I have a PS3 anyway. :p

Merteg

May 9, 2009
teisjm said:
Merteg said:
teisjm said:
Merteg said:

No disrespect or anything, but if you already have the games, wouldn't you also have the appropriate system to play them on?

I got some old GC games, but i don't really care to play em on my wii, i'll still use my GC to play them. I would prolly fo the same with N64, SNES or NES if i had any of those
My older Nintendo consoles are finicky at best.

For the NES, someone actually needs to put their hand into the system and hold the game down to play it.